LEONARD WILLIAMS

Elephant Tipper

This whole recruiting season -- it seems to me that Auburn fans have been very pessimistic.  And I have no clue why.  Did the TJ flip make the fans lose their mojo?  I don't know.  

Nail meet hammer.

I don't know about mojo, but one thing about the Yeldon thing that really got me thinking was that everyone in the world seemed to know he was flipping while most of our "insiders" kept swearing he was solid to AU.  Finally, in the days and hours before he announced, a few of our folks began to admit that they thought we'd lost him (or never had him).  I'll be honest and say that this frustrated the heck out of me and made me wonder whether some of our insiders really knew what they are talking about or if they were just telling us what we wanted to hear and why our rival's pundits seem to nail it while ours were left looking silly.  Now, I realize Yeldon was one recruit but his situation got me to thinking that it's not the first time this has happened (we were seemingly the last to know).  I guess if anything it just created enough doubt in my mind to not put much stock in what anyone says and just wait for the actual signing event to occur.  That doesn't mean I don't think we have a great staff or that I think we'll have a bad class.  It just means that I'm not going to hype information just because it came from person X.

well up to that day, and the conversation he had with our coaches the night before, we were assured he was solid.  I'm sorry I relayed that confidence to you all.  I won't do it again.

The kid played the insidiest of insiders...the coaching staff.  No one could have called that one other than the cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d***less, hopeless, heartless, fat-a**, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sacks of monkey s*** that were behind it.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole recruiting season -- it seems to me that Auburn fans have been very pessimistic.  And I have no clue why.  Did the TJ flip make the fans lose their mojo?  I don't know.  

Nail meet hammer.

I don't know about mojo, but one thing about the Yeldon thing that really got me thinking was that everyone in the world seemed to know he was flipping while most of our "insiders" kept swearing he was solid to AU.  Finally, in the days and hours before he announced, a few of our folks began to admit that they thought we'd lost him (or never had him).  I'll be honest and say that this frustrated the heck out of me and made me wonder whether some of our insiders really knew what they are talking about or if they were just telling us what we wanted to hear and why our rival's pundits seem to nail it while ours were left looking silly.  Now, I realize Yeldon was one recruit but his situation got me to thinking that it's not the first time this has happened (we were seemingly the last to know).  I guess if anything it just created enough doubt in my mind to not put much stock in what anyone says and just wait for the actual signing event to occur.  That doesn't mean I don't think we have a great staff or that I think we'll have a bad class.  It just means that I'm not going to hype information just because it came from person X.

well up to that day, and the conversation he had with our coaches the night before, we were assured he was solid.  I'm sorry I relayed that confidence to you all.  I won't do it again.

Bird, please don't take my comments wrong.  I know we have folks that invest a great deal of time and energy into getting accurate, reliable information.  I appreciate their love for AU and their investment.  I also know that some people here hang on every word certain people post.  That's their choice.  The Yeldon thing just really struck me as odd, and I know everyone has their theories now.  I've just struggled with how every one of our "insiders" were seemingly so in the dark.  Maybe Yeldon is just that good of a liar.

Nail meet hammer.

Shirley you're not gonna let one stupid post change you!

I didn't think my post was stupid.  I just shared my opinion.  Thanks.

The weird thing about Yeldon is that it seemed like EVERYONE knew he was switching but us.  I'm approaching the L Willams situation as a lesson learned from Yeldon.  Some "insider" said he dropped AU.  Well, that leaking out kills the "hat trick", so we were promptly re-added/rumor dismissed.  IMO he's a Gator until a fax arrives from him at AU.

Nail meet hammer.

No offense 87, but if that's how you feel, why do you even come to this site???  There are people on here who have access to college coaches, high school coaches, and even recruits and their parents.  They can only go by what these people tell them. If a recruit wants to play games it is not their fault. You have condemned every "insider" we have because of one kid who apparently misled everyone he talked to.

Nail meet hammer.

Who is Shirley and what does she know?

Nail meet hammer.

No offense 87, but if that's how you feel, why do you even come to this site???  There are people on here who have access to college coaches, high school coaches, and even recruits and their parents.  They can only go by what these people tell them. If a recruit wants to play games it is not their fault. You have condemned every "insider" we have because of one kid who apparently msiled everyone he talked to.

I don't think I condemned anyone, but I'm going to let it go.  I have my opinion, you have yours.  I'm ok with that.

Nail meet hammer.

Just a play on words from Leslie Nielson in Airplane.

Nail meet hammer.

Just a play on words from Leslie Nielson in Airplane.

Shirley you've heard this before? AUSD?

:laugh:

UF thinks he's a Gator.  FSU thinks he's a Seminole.  USC thinks he's a Trojan.  Auburn fans think he's either going to UF, FSU, or USC. 

i am the absolutely worst prognosticator ... whatever i think, the opposite always happens ... now dont confuse this with pessimism.  i thought that LW was going to confuse himself into picking one of the florida schools.  with this new positive talk about usc, then that just locks him up to auburn.

Nail meet hammer.

HAHAHAHA, hilarious.

ST said he thought it would be UF he has been right so far. I'm not sure what has happened in the last two weeks but it seemed that a lot of pople thoguth we led with most of these guys back then.

Archived