LEONARD WILLIAMS

Elephant Tipper

All these experts on recruiting sound an awful lot like the experts who repeatedly said that AU was in deep trouble from paying Cam to play...

How did that work out?

I'd love to see how accurate these guys actually are, from their first guess to actual destination of the LOI...

Already know the answer is not a very high percentage...

Just as soon listen to ST & co... those who actually know something dealing from the AU side of things...

I agree with this.  The national guys just lean on local guys for info and then make a guess from there.  For instance, FSU thinks they have Goldman and Darby...AU feels good about these guys too.  The local FSU writers send Luginbill what they have...the AU guys send him theirs, from there, he just guesses where these guys end up. 

^^^ add this to Dansby's broken watch analogy and you have it covered. I'm puzzled at why people do not have a questioning attitude when reading anything in their field of vision. These guys could be right, could be wrong and you can find an equal number of folks to dispute what they say. ZERO, journalistic integrity.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIFWIW, the USCw 247 guy believes LW is a Trojan.

UF thinks he's a Gator.  FSU thinks he's a Seminole.  USC thinks he's a Trojan.  Auburn fans think he's either going to UF, FSU, or USC. 

UF thinks he's a Gator.  FSU thinks he's a Seminole.  USC thinks he's a Trojan.  Auburn fans think he's either going to UF, FSU, or USC. 

Yeah but we're a pessimistic bunch.

That seals it.  He'll be an AU Tiger!!!

I can't even argue with this.  :banghead:

:wareagle:

When did this happen?  For the most part, Auburn folks have been optimistic.   I know we haven't won a national championship since... oh wait -- last year, but it's time to bring back the swagger.  

Post of the day.  :laugh:  Thanks for the laugh, cali.

When did this happen?  For the most part, Auburn folks have been optimistic.   I know we haven't won a national championship since... oh wait -- last year, but it's time to bring back the swagger.  

The majority of people on this board (including me) have absolutely no source of inside information. All we can go on is what "the experts" say and what the few proven providers of good information on this board say. I look at Jonesy, Flex, AUSportsTalk, ect, and at the regional reporters, and just try to get an idea. I don't *think* LW is going to any specific school. He's one of those guys that seem to have been all over the board, so it's hard to tell. By the same token, I'm not going to "think" LW is going to AU based on nothing more than that's where I hope he ends up. That doesn't really make a lot of sense, or lend anything to the conversation. I can tell you why I think AU would be the best place for a lot of these recruits to play their college football, but I can't tell you where I think they are going, unless there is a strong consensus among "those in the know", and even then it's just playing the numbers.

I will say this: As long as we have been in it for LW, I think we should have a strong shot to land him, unless something I don't know about has happened.

Post of the day.  :laugh:   Thanks for the laugh, cali.

And he'll probably go to....Ohio State. (joke....and not a good one.)

The majority of people on this board (including me) have absolutely no source of inside information. All we can go on is what "the experts" say and what the few proven providers of good information on this board say. I look at Jonesy, Flex, AUSportsTalk, ect, and at the regional reporters, and just try to get an idea. I don't *think* LW is going to any specific school. He's one of those guys that seem to have been all over the board, so it's hard to tell. By the same token, I'm not going to "think" LW is going to AU based on nothing more than that's where I hope he ends up. That doesn't really make a lot of sense, or lend anything to the conversation. I can tell you why I think AU would be the best place for a lot of these recruits to play their college football, but I can't tell you where I think they are going, unless there is a strong consensus among "those in the know", and even then it's just playing the numbers.

I will say this: As long as we have been in it for LW, I think we should have a strong shot to land him, unless something I don't know about has happened.

Based on some Facebook chat that was basically debunked, LW was supposedly down to UF and USC.  Flex right now is going with UF and USC, yet through the whole process Auburn was on top of his list battling FSU.  I don't know if the kid picks Auburn, USC, or freaking Harvard for that matter, but since that false report everybody has been scrambling around saying he's going to these various schools.  

This whole recruiting season -- it seems to me that Auburn fans have been very pessimistic.  And I have no clue why.  Did the TJ flip make the fans lose their mojo?  I don't know.  

This whole recruiting season -- it seems to me that Auburn fans have been very pessimistic.  And I have no clue why.  Did the TJ flip make the fans lose their mojo?  I don't know.  

Nail meet hammer.

Based on some Facebook chat that was basically debunked, LW was supposedly down to UF and USC.  Flex right now is going with UF and USC, yet through the whole process Auburn was on top of his list battling FSU.  I don't know if the kid picks Auburn, USC, or freaking Harvard for that matter, but since that false report everybody has been scrambling around saying he's going to these various schools.  

Yes i think alot of people were stung pretty hard by the Yeldon deal. I will say this though, if we somehow land Goldman and Darby...the sting will echo for miles in turdtown. Trust me on this.

Yes i think alot of people were stung pretty hard by the Yeldon deal. I will say this though, if we somehow land Goldman and Darby...the sting will echo for miles in turdtown. Trust me on this.

I never read the facebook chat or any such story and that's not why I am predicting Williams to go elsewhere.  Could he pick AU?  Sure, and I think he would have a month ago.  But for whatever reason he's bought into some negative recruiting against AU over the last month or so.  His coach is in our corner so I hope that makes a difference.

I, personally, never lost my optimism, enthusiasm and/or mojo for this class. Given the 3 year cycle including the great new OC and DC this class will be fine and dandy. There are some playmakers. There is depth building talent.

This class will blend in quite well. As the team is more seasoned, better lead and better coached next year, they will be much more competitive and we will likely see a higher ranked recruiting class as a result.

But, anyone down on this class is crazy. Is it ranked as good as last year's? No. but, the average star rating is going to be as good or better. Right now we're at 3.6. Lat year we finished with 3.76. When the NSD guys come on board we're going to be saying what an amazing class this is.

Post of the day.  :laugh:   Thanks for the laugh, cali.

And he'll probably go to....Ohio State. (joke....and not a good one.)

I hear they've got GREAT tattoo parlors up that way.

Nail meet hammer.

I don't know about mojo, but one thing about the Yeldon thing that really got me thinking was that everyone in the world seemed to know he was flipping while most of our "insiders" kept swearing he was solid to AU.  Finally, in the days and hours before he announced, a few of our folks began to admit that they thought we'd lost him (or never had him).  I'll be honest and say that this frustrated the heck out of me and made me wonder whether some of our insiders really knew what they are talking about or if they were just telling us what we wanted to hear and why our rival's pundits seem to nail it while ours were left looking silly.  Now, I realize Yeldon was one recruit but his situation got me to thinking that it's not the first time this has happened (we were seemingly the last to know).  I guess if anything it just created enough doubt in my mind to not put much stock in what anyone says and just wait for the actual signing event to occur.  That doesn't mean I don't think we have a great staff or that I think we'll have a bad class.  It just means that I'm not going to hype information just because it came from person X.

Nail meet hammer.

I don't know about mojo, but one thing about the Yeldon thing that really got me thinking was that everyone in the world seemed to know he was flipping while most of our "insiders" kept swearing he was solid to AU.  Finally, in the days and hours before he announced, a few of our folks began to admit that they thought we'd lost him (or never had him).  I'll be honest and say that this frustrated the heck out of me and made me wonder whether some of our insiders really knew what they are talking about or if they were just telling us what we wanted to hear and why our rival's pundits seem to nail it while ours were left looking silly.  Now, I realize Yeldon was one recruit but his situation got me to thinking that it's not the first time this has happened (we were seemingly the last to know).  I guess if anything it just created enough doubt in my mind to not put much stock in what anyone says and just wait for the actual signing event to occur.  That doesn't mean I don't think we have a great staff or that I think we'll have a bad class.  It just means that I'm not going to hype information just because it came from person X.

What I got out of it was that Yeldon is a lying piece of...... bammer.

He was telling our coaches he was all AU, either to keep them from trying to flip him back or to intentionally keep them from focusing on another player to replace him.  Either way, it was pretty slimy.

Nail meet hammer.

well up to that day, and the conversation he had with our coaches the night before, we were assured he was solid.  I'm sorry I relayed that confidence to you all.  I won't do it again.

Nail meet hammer.

well up to that day, and the conversation he had with our coaches the night before, we were assured he was solid.  I'm sorry I relayed that confidence to you all.  I won't do it again.

Shirley you're not gonna let one stupid post change you!

Archived