2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

Lawson has both power and speed. That is why he wins at all the combines. He has multiple speed moves, but I have also seen him blow right through double teams. It won't be as easy in the SEC, and DE's outside of Clowny do not usually dominate, but I really think Lawson will get playing time next year and will certainly help our pass rush. As a sophmore, Lawson will be even stronger. He will be a scary talent.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl definitely has potential to go down as one of my favorite players in AU history. I love his poise and attitude. That's exactly what we need in our locker room.

I agree. And with guys like JJ and Toney, I think this class has the potential to make a difference early on, as well as grow into key leaders when they are Jrs and Srs.

Great brand ambassador for Auburn

When you combine humility and great talent with a good head on the shoulders, this is what we get. War Eagle Carl

Kudos to his parents for keeping him this grounded.

Carl definitely has potential to go down as one of my favorite players in AU history. I love his poise and attitude. That's exactly what we need in our locker room.

I agree. And with guys like JJ and Toney, I think this class has the potential to make a difference early on, as well as grow into key leaders when they are Jrs and Srs.

I agree with all of this as well.

wde

If you missed the Carl Lwason ESPN interview it is being reaired on ESPNU in about 5 minutes.

Who is this Carl Lwason you speak of??? Is he a new target of ours? Come on, E, spill the beans!!!

If you missed the Carl Lwason ESPN interview it is being reaired on ESPNU in about 5 minutes.

Who is this Carl Lwason you speak of??? Is he a new target of ours? Come on, E, spill the beans!!!

Carl L Wason is Leon Sandcastle's first cousin. (Don't tell anyone!)

big if true..

Love it! :clap::laugh:

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson

"It doesn't affect me that much. I wish the best for Reuben. It's not one man that defines the team." Lawson on Reuben Foster's decision

Link to ESPN interview

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8918544

Translation- I'm a man and a leader and I'm committed to Auburn. No one is bigger than the team and we have no place on our team for someone who thinks they are bigger than the team.

This kid is fantastic- i cant say enought good things about him. Great quoute & interview Carl! WDE!

Listening to Lawson on "Eyes on Auburn" and Lawson just laughed when asked about the star-studded recruits out there who haven't signed yet and said "Be (ready to be) very surprised tomorrow." I have to believe that he knows something for sure that he is very confident in us getting some studs.

Gonna be an interesting day to say the least!

From my observation, he appears to be a pretty low key guy who is not prone to making grandiose statements. He lets his work on the field speak for itself. However, go back and look at his tweet after his visit when he re-confirmed his commitment to AU. He said some pretty big things and then sealed it with a "promise". If that didn't tell you big things were in the works for tomorrow, hopefully you believe there are now.

Archived