2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

Well, where would you guys say he is leaning? There are so many factors with depth charts, playing time, need a redshirt...etc.

Well this is another one that is TIFWIW but Bana fans are thinking we have the edge here cuz Coach Craig has a great and close relationship with Tre and especially his parents. I personally would feel better if he were going to our A-Day hame instead.

E, do you think the Mullet Bowl will impress him that much?

The problem isn't whether he's that impressed by the Mullet Bowl. The problem is that he's chosen to attend their game and not ours, both games being on the same day.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed that they are really hyping up the A-day game and have made something of a week long celebration out of it. I dont think it is the game that will decide but what bama does while he is there that will lead to the well known bama war cry of "they are taking good care of my family and I".

I still think with Coach Craig on the job that we are the team to beat.

Well, where would you guys say he is leaning? There are so many factors with depth charts, playing time, need a redshirt...etc.

Well this is another one that is TIFWIW but Bana fans are thinking we have the edge here cuz Coach Craig has a great and close relationship with Tre and especially his parents. I personally would feel better if he were going to our A-Day hame instead.

Tre is not a huge fan of Saban. Thinks he can be a prick some of the time. This is not saying he won't go to uat.

It's not that we HAVE to have him, but he is a game-changer type kid. Something you have to have to win championships. In 2010 we had Cam, Fairley and Dyer at times. We have seen zilch such players the last two years. The closest we had was O'Mac and the Hail Mary that Coates caught against LAMO last year, then didn't make the catch against LSU.

• 2 weeks later...

He had some really good stuff to say about his visit and how he thinks the team will improve. He seemed to emphasize the physical nature of the defense at practice today.

The problem isn't whether he's that impressed by the Mullet Bowl. The problem is that he's chosen to attend their game and not ours, both games being on the same day.

While that state is normally true 9/10, he has given zero indication that he is committing anytime soon so unless they sell him at ADay, him choosing their game over theirs isn't that significant. It is like who is out in front on the first 400 meters of a 1600 meter race.

TIFWIW, he likes Auburn a lot right now but he isn't going to committing to anyone anytime soon.

I swear, if bammer signs as many 5*'s as it appears they will at what point do some of them start wising up to realize that they all can't be in the game at once. Tre and Roc are two perfect examples. They will both get buried in the depth chart.

I swear, if bammer signs as many 5*'s as it appears they will at what point do some of them start wising up to realize that they all can't be in the game at once. Tre and Roc are two perfect examples. They will both get buried in the depth chart.

Just a guess....., Saban probably tells the "recruit" that they are better than the rest of the players in the depth chart and he could jump ahead of them. Saban on the other hand just needs the numbers so he can play the players that work the best. If you make it good if not too bad. You hear lots about the players that make it to the NFL but not about the ones that don't. Just a numbers game with Saban.

Just a guess....., Saban probably tells the "recruit" that they are better than the rest of the players in the depth chart and he could jump ahead of them. Saban on the other hand just needs the numbers so he can play the players that work the best. If you make it good if not too bad. You hear lots about the players that make it to the NFL but not about the ones that don't. Just a numbers game with Saban.

The ones who don't make it still get a free education. all be it at a lesser football school most times. Can't put a price tag on the free education.

The ones who don't make it still get a free education. all be it at a lesser football school most times. Can't put a price tag on the free education.

That is important, but Nova is right. I am 100% sure that he tells them whatever it takes. And I know we don't like to negatively recruit but there comes a point where you ask them if they ever heard of Brent Calloway? No? Well here is why you haven't young man. The list is long.

That is important, but Nova is right. I am 100% sure that he tells them whatever it takes. And I know we don't like to negatively recruit but there comes a point where you ask them if they ever heard of Brent Calloway? No? Well here is why you haven't young man. The list is long.

He definitely does. Hamilton said today he thought he has early PT at Bama. ROFLMAO

He sedinitely does. Hamilton said today he thought he has early PT at Bama. ROFLMAO

Saban can give them early playing time..........on special teams!

He definitely does. Hamilton said today he thought he has early PT at Bama. ROFLMAO

He promised the same thing to Tana Patrick... Not sure he's seen the field, except for Special Teams. And he was a Top 5 LB...

His girlfriend got a scholly as well, so we know why he chose to be a turd, but he was also told he would be a "freshman starter"...

I hope he was just saying that because his girlfriend was listening. He does not really believe that. You would think he would be smarter being an EE.

I hope he was just saying that because his girlfriend was listening. He does not really believe that. You would think he would be smarter being an EE.

I read the girlfriend part to be about Tana Patrick. I have not read any thing about Tre's girlfriend.

I thought it was more along the lines of us not getting SDH. Hopefully we still have a good chance with Tre

This, Tre could be a Will LB, IMO.

With us getting Deshaun Davis, does anyone think this means that Tre isn't coming?

We are taking 2 or 3 LBs. No affect on Tre. What getting Davis means is Coach Malzahn offered Davis yesterday after SDH told the staff he was picking Bama.

^Great! It's a solid start to our recruiting class, no doubt, but we're definitely going to need a lot more before February. We MUST get Tre and Rashaan.

Archived