Could Lawson or Liner start over our current DL?

Dual-Threat Rigby

It's safe to assume Lemonier will come back and we'll have him and Ford with alot of experience, but Lawson and Liner are getting hyped up pretty much, so I'm wondering with a good enough showing, could one or both start by next Fall?

It's safe to assume Lemonier will come back and we'll have him and Ford with alot of experience, but Lawson and Liner are getting hyped up pretty much, so I'm wondering with a good enough showing, could one or both start by next Fall?

"Safe to assume Lemonier will come back"? Really?? Right now I'm more inclined to believe he will go pro unless his stock drops a lot.

"Safe to assume Lemonier will come back"? Really?? Right now I'm more inclined to believe he will go pro unless his stock drops a lot.

Yes, more inclined to think he will leave, too. Hard to say about the original question.

Has he had a sack since the LSU game?!

Lawson yes..liner in 2nd rotation

I agree. Lawson is the most impressive guy I think we are recruiting (or sorry in our class, I am still pessimistic). If we can keep Liner, I see him taking a year or so to fully develop. He has the body, I just dont think he has the quickness that Lawson has.

I feel like Corey will be told to wait. JMO. Unless he can sell the NFL scouts on the fact he was trying not to get injured, to which I would say "Welcome back Mr. Lemonier". The way I see it, they always have that shot. Starting 1st game? I dunno. Playing signifigant snaps? Likely. Liner (projects at DT) could start IMO at DE. At DT..mmmh? Lawson is so strong and quick that if he were to grow 2-4 inches and keep his frame, he could start at any DL position @ AU or anywhere else for that matter. MA is your STUD DT. Hands Down. If we were to have enough LB talent to show up I believe RF would look nice at DE as well as LB. Don't forget Bowers though.

I feel like Corey will be told to wait. JMO. Unless he can sell the NFL scouts on the fact he was trying not to get injured, to which I would say "Welcome back Mr. Lemonier". The way I see it, they always have that shot. Starting 1st game? I dunno. Playing signifigant snaps? Likely. Liner (projects at DT) could start IMO at DE. At DT..mmmh? Lawson is so strong and quick that if he were to grow 2-4 inches and keep his frame, he could start at any DL position @ AU or anywhere else for that matter. MA is your STUD DT. Hands Down. If we were to have enough LB talent to show up I believe RF would look nice at DE as well as LB. Don't forget Bowers though.

We (might) not end up with RF, but I get you.

No way....rarely is a HS super star on defense ready to start in the SEC right away. Neither will start, but if they do, we're in much deeper ca-ca than I originally thought

I don't think either starts next year. Look at how Clowney has dominated as a Soph. but didn't start as a Fr. (I know Ingram was there at the time but it's extremely rare for a Fr DL to make an immediate impact.)

I am REALLY impressed with Carl Lawson, but I don't think he would start Game 1 over Lemonier or Ford. Those 2 guys would be seniors and are 2 of the best pass rushers in the SEC. I don't think Liner would have a chance to start at all. Both of them would probably get a lot of playing time though, with us mixing fronts under CEJ.

No not IMO. Dominating under size players in high school does not translate to immediately dominating at the college level in most positions.

At this point I don't know if Lawson and Liner is better than the guys that are backups to Ford and Lemonier. I don't think

Delaine, Harrell, President, Sanders, Owens and Equae have been working their butts off to let some highly tauted true freshmen

come in and beat them out. I could be wrong but I would be shocked if either of them starts any game as true freshmen IF all of

the DE's on the current roster remains.

Lawson might could. Liner could play himself into the rotation, but I don't think he'll have what it takes to beat out Gabe or Angelo. Lawson would probably overtake Ford by midseason, and if Lemonier leaves early then he might step right in and take that spot. He has that kind of talent.

I doubt it. It's extremely rare for HS player to be able to slide into a DL and play winning football. Clowney did it, but he improved enormously his second year, and he's an exception. It would be a very bad sign.

Like many of you, I dont see either starting but definitely a good deal of playing time. There are just so many variables at this point to make a fair prediction really.

Archived