2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

"RG is all over Payne. FWIW."

I thought around the UGA game he said he had not even spoken to rg. Or maybe only briefly. It's this news. Or is he turning up the heat after the season.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"RG is all over Payne. FWIW."

I thought around the UGA game he said he had not even spoken to rg. Or maybe only briefly. It's this news. Or is he turning up the heat after the season.

Turned up heat. Garner was mostly focused on the team and not so much recruiting during the football regular season.

• 2 weeks later...

The entire coaching staff felt the best way to recruit during the season was to win football games. It paid off.

Can you imagine what a consecutive 10 win season would do?

I really want Payne. He would be in my Top 4 or so for this year. It will be fun watching him play this year as he should get even stronger.

Going to be tough to pull Payne from bama. He's got folks at his school & family members in his ear already saying he will be the next Marcel Dareus if he goes to bama. And he is Saban's #1 target for next year since they missed on Elam from Kentucky. Coach Garner has his work cut out for him on this one.

Going to be tough to pull Payne from bama. He's got folks at his school & family members in his ear already saying he will be the next Marcel Dareus if he goes to bama. And he is Saban's #1 target for next year since they missed on Elam from Kentucky. Coach Garner has his work cut out for him on this one.

His head coach is a bammer, but his defensive coordinators are Auburn fans... Lets hope they can open his eyes!

This one is going to be a fight to the end. Even if Payne commits early to get it over with, it won't really be over no matter which side gets his committment.

His head coach is a bammer, but his defensive coordinators are Auburn fans... Lets hope they can open his eyes!

Someone needs to tell him this is what they have been promising every player since Marcel left.

Someone needs to tell him this is what they have been promising every player since Marcel left.

Douchey post as far as the Marcel stuff...we've been touting the "next Nick Fairley" as well...and Whitaker, Blackson and Wright have yet to be that.

I know it will not be easy to get Payne but I thought he was supposed to be an AU fan. Right or Wrong? Bama's favorite tactic is "We send our kids to the NFL".

I know it will not be easy to get Payne but I thought he was supposed to be an AU fan. Right or Wrong? Bama's favorite tactic is "We send our kids to the NFL".

He did grow up an AU fan (as did Jeff Holland & Evans) but when it comes time to pick a school kids today don't let their childhood team get in the way of their "business" decision.

He did grow up an AU fan (as did Jeff Holland & Evans) but when it comes time to pick a school kids today don't let their childhood team get in the way of their "business" decision.

Beating UAT again this year and having our third great season in five years will help, as will our guys who get drafted this year and next.

AU is recruiting Payne hard. RG has made this one personal so I would not count out AU at all. DC & RG are going to be on a mission this year. FWIW.

"He did grow up an AU fan (as did Jeff Holland & Evans) but when it comes time to pick a school kids today don't let their childhood team get in the way of their "business" decision."

Wasn't Dee liner an auburn fan too?

Man I cannot wait to take in these five stars for defensive tackle. I hope we get three of them. Imagine two of the top ten players in the country on your line, wow.

True, tinman. True and sad. Any football player who excels at any big college program will make it to the NFL. And college is about way more than getting a job afterward!

AU is recruiting Payne hard. RG has made this one personal so I would not count out AU at all. DC & RG are going to be on a mission this year. FWIW.

:cool:

If dee ford is drafted in first round, that will give RG a point to counter the nfl spin by others. See what my coaching could do in one year kind of thing. Yes I know DE vs DT but it is all on the DL.

If this young man commits relatively early - say this summer or early fall then I believe the youthful auburn fandom will mean something. If it goes late into recruiting then the auburn fandom is irrelevant.

Archived