2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope this guy comes but this already looks like next year's TJ/Reuben/Evans fiasco....

Don't think you will see this type of fiasco with AU and recruiting this year. IMO.

I really hope you're right. If the kid wants to come to Auburn. I hope he handles it like Tre Williams or Roc Thomas and just shuts it down when he makes his decision. I'm afraid though Bama will just want him not to go to Auburn as much as they want him and they will put the heat on just like the past few and they are batting 4 for 4 in that category. It's getting old...

Gus has to know when to pull the offer. Allowing bammer to beat us year after year for one of our top recruits is detrimental to the program. I told many in my own personal circle that the Evans offer should have been pulled 3 weeks before his announcement. I hated being right but I saw it coming.

I say recruit Payne hard early but watch him closely and don't allow the public spectacle any more. All my attention would be going to Mack. If begging is what the prospect wants then let some other program participate in the circus. As Gus said, all our signees were stress free types. We need Auburn Men.

PS. I don't know how the Payne recruitment will go. I just don't want a repeat of the nonsense.

I want this kid but lets not put him in the Yeldon/Foster/Evans camp until he shows he belongs there. It is a year away he is looking as he should and hopefully he will come to a decision and stick to it. I want it to be Auburn but if it is Bama or somebody else I just want it to be a commitment that sticks.

Look as much as Evans hurt we turned a couple of Bama commits and some from other schools this year. I am sure their boards are saying things like Auburn must cheat. Many of the people on this board who get upset when another team turns an Auburn commit are happy to call us Flip U. I will concede Yeldon/Foster/Evans was slimy recruiting at its worse but the other side of it is we are better off not getting players who are so self absorbed that they will play these type of games no matter how talented they are.

Recruiting is a tough business you must have a thick skin and if you get played by a recruit don't lose any sleep move on to the next player. Endless harping on how Bama or a recruit played us won't change a thing but might affect your blood pressure, so keep your heart healthy and quit worrying whether a kid is playing us the coaches will deal with that.

If we pull a kid's offer, it still doesn't help with the perception that Alabama beat us out for another top prospect. The answer is not pulling a kid's offer, the answer is to start beating Alabama for top recruits. Especially the ones that grew up Auburn fans.

Pulling the offer is not the answer unless coaches are absolutely sure he's playing us. But no way to spin this one so it doesn't sting. Bammers seem to come up with a little different scheme each year to hurt our program. If he had been leaning UAT all along, it would still be disappointing, but not damaging. However all the experts, analysts, insiders, outsiders, and everyone else had penciled in AU, even though RE always said publicly he was undecided and not leaning. So we have to give him his due, he didn't do a public back(stabbing) flip. I won't say anything negative about the kid. Business decision!! (unless that's construed as a negative comment)

Very strong class of DTs this year. I would love to add a couple of five stars with Payne being one of them. Though I have a feeling we'll have a strong DL class regardless of who we sign. CRG has signed two pretty good classes so far!

Wicked good DT class this year. Take a look at the Video of Daylon Mack as he dominates. I would love to get both Mack and Payne. It would be amazing.

Maybe this visit will make up the ground we ate supposedly lacking. Thompson and Mack would be huge gets. They all look like studs.

My alma mater played against Thompson this past year. From what I gathered, he took plays off but could be explosive. His size is something you don't realize until you're next to him and he overshadows you. He is called jolly jolly as his nickname and it's not hard to see why. He always had a smile during warmups, after the game, he was always smiling. My alma mater ran straight at him, hit him in the mouth with our best player and he took it well. We then made him chase plays down, wear him out with tempo. Worked fairly well. There were several large DLineman for Westover. Very big group of guys.

Maybe this visit will make up the ground we ate supposedly lacking. Thompson and Mack would be huge gets. They all look like studs.

My alma mater played against Thompson this past year. From what I gathered, he took plays off but could be explosive. His size is something you don't realize until you're next to him and he overshadows you. He is called jolly jolly as his nickname and it's not hard to see why. He always had a smile during warmups, after the game, he was always smiling. My alma mater ran straight at him, hit him in the mouth with our best player and he took it well. We then made him chase plays down, wear him out with tempo. Worked fairly well. There were several large DLineman for Westover. Very big group of guys.

They must be feeding those boys a few biscuits

Westover used to be a powerhouse in GA HS B'Ball. They are just getting the Football up to snuff, but there are alot of athletes in and around Albany, GA!

Westover used to be a powerhouse in GA HS B'Ball. They are just getting the Football up to snuff, but there are alot of athletes in and around Albany, GA!

Westover just won it's region in basketball. They're still pretty good. Lol. There are tons of athletes but some can't make it to their 18th birthday if you catch my drift. And Westover seems to be stockpiling the athletes because the other schools are falling off while Westover continues to climb.

Can't read the article but the part I can read says AU and uat are co-leaders and that Paige called AU his "dream school."

http://auburn.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=884&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1612768

Sweet

If Auburn is the kid's dream school what options are there left to weigh? I see a "struggleoverwit" - "bidness decision" in this kids future and if he doesn't prove me wrong with a relatively early commit to Auburn i hope we cut bait much sooner than NSD.

If Auburn is the kid's dream school what options are there left to weigh? I see a "struggleoverwit" - "bidness decision" in this kids future and if he doesn't prove me wrong with a relatively early commit to Auburn i hope we cut bait much sooner than NSD.

Going to have to agree with you on that one. Never understood if your "dream school" offers why not commit. Granted, I can understand a young person wanting to enjoy the process and take his visits, etc and I can only assume he is also looking at his future after college and who he feels will give him the best chance to make that dream come true. I can see this one dragging out til late in the season but lets hope the end result in DP dawning the O&B.

Archived