2012 4* WR Cayleb Jones (Arizona signee)

smuphy72wde

If Auburn takes a chance on Cayleb and he injures an Auburn student in a future assault, then the university could be liable. I would rather have Micheal Dyer back with the drug problems than get a violent offender.

Really?

Serious?

So the university would never enroll a student that had a previous run in with the law?

Man that's rich!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Auburn takes a chance on Cayleb and he injures an Auburn student in a future assault, then the university could be liable. I would rather have Micheal Dyer back with the drug problems than get a violent offender.

With all due respect, that is simply inaccurate.

Dyer has been arrested while in possession of a firearm. Also testified it was his handgun used in THE robbery. Plus he is admittedly a little more than recreational user. That doesn't exactly make him more stable than a guy who threw a punch over a girl.

We seem to be hung up on the felony charge. Well, here is what the Assistant DA prosecuting the case said:

“We looked at it and don’t believe it fits the definition of serious bodily injury,” Travis County assistant district attorney Gary Cobb told the Austin American-Statesman. “There is bodily injury, but it doesn’t meet the legal definition (for a felony).” - The charging authority didn't know, or ignored the law.

Even according to the prosecuting attorney it shouldn't have been a felony charge in the first place.

And who threw the first punch? Who knows? He said, she said, and we all know what REALLY happened because we read it on the internet (Bon Jour). Maybe the tennis player was just passing through the neighborhood. We know nothing, and have no right to judge. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

We seem to be hung up on the felony charge. Well, here is what the Assistant DA prosecuting the case said:

“We looked at it and don’t believe it fits the definition of serious bodily injury,” Travis County assistant district attorney Gary Cobb told the Austin American-Statesman. “There is bodily injury, but it doesn’t meet the legal definition (for a felony).” - The charging authority didn't know, or ignored the law.

Even according to the prosecuting attorney it shouldn't have been a felony charge in the first place.

And who threw the first punch? Who knows? He said, she said, and we all know what REALLY happened because we read it on the internet (Bon Jour). Maybe the tennis player was just passing through the neighborhood. We know nothing, and have no right to judge. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I'm all for the kid getting a second chance, but witnesses said he threw the first (and I believe the only punch). Seriously though who hasn't wanted to punch a Canadian? It is like people from L.A.-they have it coming. Down here in FL the old Canadians steal left and right, speed dangerously and act like they own the place even though they are foreigners.

Dyer has been arrested while in possession of a firearm. Also testified it was his handgun used in THE robbery. Plus he is admittedly a little more than recreational user. That doesn't exactly make him more stable than a guy who threw a punch over a girl.

He hasn't been arrested with possession of a firearm. When he got pulled over at Arky St the cop took it from him but he got it back. He legally carries his gun but if you have any drugs one you while you are legally carrying a firearm that is bad. He said in a recent interview he wont be carrying that gun around anymore.

i think we should give him a chance. i can't really fully relate but i am currently playing high school football. im no college prospect ( im a 5'11 195 pound defensive lineman lol) but i can say that football is pretty stressful and there have been plenty of times ive wanted to start something, but i have a pretty decent temper so i didn't. school is stressful enough as it is, adding football can be pretty stressful. im sure its way worse being a player at a major university and having such high expectations.

He punched a guy? I don't know if he has a history or if this is a lone occurance, but if punching a guy means your life is over I should have headed to the morgue a long time ago. This incident doesn't mean he is a bad seed. Just as it doesn't mean all of us are bad seeds for doing the stupid crap we have done in the past.

One one hand, I'm all about second chances. I've needed several. /rimshot

On the other, and I don't have an issue with the incident or the details surrounding it, but my only concern is if that could point to an anger management issue. I only say that because of the experience we had with Eric Smith a few years back.

If he's taken some classes in anger management, I'd not have an issue with it, but it'd be a shorter leash than everyone else.

He hasn't been arrested with possession of a firearm. When he got pulled over at Arky St the cop took it from him but he got it back. He legally carries his gun but if you have any drugs one you while you are legally carrying a firearm that is bad. He said in a recent interview he wont be carrying that gun around anymore.

I didn't say "with." I said "in possession." I know there is a difference there. For a person with a known history with these issues. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they could easily get mixed at the wrong time and the issues would greatly compound one another. I have no problem with him carrying as long as he shows good judgement, but up until now he has not. IMHO FWIW. Anyway, enough about a Louisville player.

A kid who whipped a tennis player and may or may not ever wear an AU jersey currently has 15 pages worth of back and forth banter that basically is meaningless unless you are on the coaching staff while we have a thread in the football section about two AU players who just graduated with a degree from our University and are actually on the team has 3, count'em 3 replies. Not pages. Replies. I think sometimes our priorities get out of whack a bit and it's good to step back and check out the big picture. Ok, please be gentle when hammering me. :)

A kid who whipped a tennis player and may or may not ever wear an AU jersey currently has 15 pages worth of back and forth banter that basically is meaningless unless you are on the coaching staff while we have a thread in the football section about two AU players who just graduated with a degree from our University and are actually on the team has 3, count'em 3 replies. Not pages. Replies. I think sometimes our priorities get out of whack a bit and it's good to step back and check out the big picture. Ok, please be gentle when hammering me. :)

We all know that sex,violence and controversy sells. Congrats to those 2 young men...Hopefully they can make an impact on the field this year.

Like this? :hammerin: FYI, I felt the shame that you were passing out and will now go pay my respects to our scholars. :sad2:

A kid who whipped a tennis player and may or may not ever wear an AU jersey currently has 15 pages worth of back and forth banter that basically is meaningless unless you are on the coaching staff while we have a thread in the football section about two AU players who just graduated with a degree from our University and are actually on the team has 3, count'em 3 replies. Not pages. Replies. I think sometimes our priorities get out of whack a bit and it's good to step back and check out the big picture. Ok, please be gentle when hammering me. :)/>

Like this? :hammerin:/> FYI, I felt the shame that you were passing out and will now go pay my respects to our scholars. :sad2:/>

HaHa, no shame. I lumped myself in with everybody as well because I hadn't posted in that thread either. Much like yourself, I felt the need to rectify the situation. :)

Well it's great that those guys graduated, but we really aren't here to post random congratulatory comments. It's information I read. But it's just a fact. Speculation threads such as this one on Cayleb Jones generate more chatter, because we are speculating, in particular about a 5 star player at a position of recent weakness for us.

It's not indicative of the importance of our players, which goes without saying, which is why little is said about it. Carry on! ;)

Upon further review, Yes, let's give him a chance. Lord knows where I would be without 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances. Welcome Caleb Jones, War Eagle, we can use you and please give Auburn a chance !!

Upon further review, Yes, let's give him a chance. Lord knows where I would be without 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances. Welcome Caleb Jones, War Eagle, we can use you and please give Auburn a chance !!

Sounds like bird

Sounds like bird

I always picture you as a cross between Foster Brooks and George Goble. Is that about right?

Sounds like bird

I always picture you as a cross between Foster Brooks and George Goble. Is that about right?

OMG throw in Don Rickles and its me without the flattop of George....check my avitar

Sounds like bird

OMG throw in Don Rickles and its me without the flattop of George....check my avitar

BS...Phyllis Diller, Ruth Busby, and Mrs. George H. W. Bush is more like it.

Archived