2012 4* WR Cayleb Jones (Arizona signee)

smuphy72wde

E, are we still not even looking at this kid?

See my last post on page 1. It's why this thread was moved to the Auburn Recruiting Section.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 16 pages later and Gus says No!

Hilarious! :)

Huh? We have not heard anything from the staff. The latest we have is Auburn is one of 6 schools Jones is really considering per his tweet I posted near the bottom of page 1.

Well it's great that those guys graduated, but we really aren't here to post random congratulatory comments. It's information I read. But it's just a fact. Speculation threads such as this one on Cayleb Jones generate more chatter, because we are speculating, in particular about a 5 star player at a position of recent weakness for us.

It's not indicative of the importance of our players, which goes without saying, which is why little is said about it. Carry on! ;)/>

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Well it's great that those guys graduated, but we really aren't here to post random congratulatory comments. It's information I read. But it's just a fact. Speculation threads such as this one on Cayleb Jones generate more chatter, because we are speculating, in particular about a 5 star player at a position of recent weakness for us.

It's not indicative of the importance of our players, which goes without saying, which is why little is said about it. Carry on! ;)/>

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Happy to oblige after the guilt trip posts from others.

Sorry E, I was reading your comments below from page 1 and I thought that it meant Gus and company will not take a chance on him. "Emory Blake's cousin and former 5* WR Cayleb Jones is transferring from Texas. He's been suspended since March for assaulting a Texas tennis player. His family says that he's ready for a fresh start. Do we even take a chance here?

http://m.espn.go.com...370&src=desktop

Coach Malzahn loved him out of HS but the early word I am getting is no"

Sorry E, I was reading your comments below from page 1 and I thought that it meant Gus and company will not take a chance on him. "Emory Blake's cousin and former 5* WR Cayleb Jones is transferring from Texas. He's been suspended since March for assaulting a Texas tennis player. His family says that he's ready for a fresh start. Do we even take a chance here?

lol. That's why I said my last post on page 1 and not my first post.

lol. That's why I said my last post on page 1 and not my first post.

I know, my bad. As always thanks for the great info!

Doesn't he need to pee or get off the pot at this point? We got kick off in 3 weeks.

pretty sure he has to sit out this year

Doesn't he need to pee or get off the pot at this point? We got kick off in 3 weeks.

YUP!

YUP!

Him and DQ available the same year!! Scary!!

YUP!

Him and DQ available the same year!! Scary!!

While we are playing "make believe"; Stevens and DQ will be deadly as it is but if we got CJ as well...I could play QB with those three at WR!!! (Not really, I played Defense for a reason.) B)

Man I hope Cayleb didn't throw a cowardly sucker punch like Jeremy Hill. And who was the special guy with the fashionable, off-the-shoulder top who hit Jeremy's victim from the rear?

Has Cayleb said anything about when he will pick and the team he's transferring to?

Not yet a4e. He has provided a list of teams he is interested in and AU is one of them. He has to sit out a year if he goes D1 so there is no big rush.

I keep seeing all the comments for and against him and that we are on his list. While that is all fine and good I have not seen anybody say our staff is or isn't interested in him. Has there been any word from the staff on him, or all of us (myself included) so bored waiting on the season we just feel like we have to get in as many posts as possible to help while away the time.

Laughing with AuNTx!! Don't you know that my posting on AUF is directly tied in with Recruiting and determines how well we do in games??? I mean how else is the team supposed to get special powers? Geesh! Some people. :ucrazy:

Has there been any word from the staff on him,

Checking with 23 now.

He just told me the staff is looking into his whole situation right now so there is observers interest at least.

Archived