All things rankings

ellitor

I am very much looking forward to Bama fans saying in the future, 'When you take out the Malzahn years, we lead the series'. Bama's recruiting is sick right now. However, I have confidence ours is good enough to give us the players, and we have the coaches, not only to hang with them, but to beat them more often than not.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it's truly incredible what a recruiting machine that they are! 5 top 100 recruits in one day including 2- 5*'s. Impressive and disgusting! Auburn will have a big year recruiting! But it's going to take a ridiculous haul to be able to top Alabama in recruiting any given year.

We don't have to top them in recruiting, all we have to do is stay close to the top 10. We've never consistently out-recruited Tennessee, Florida or Georgia, yet we lead the all time series against those schools. We've never consistently out-recruited UAT, yet if you take out the Bryant years, we lead the series against them. Just recruit well enough to stay in the hunt and the Tigers will handle the rest.

Agree as far as the rating services are concerned. I trust our coaches to get the guys they need. For example, the OT that committed yesterday is a 3* most places and will bring our average down....but he fills a need and coaches seem to think he has what it takes to play at AU....so I'm good with that.

As has been discussed numerous times, there is just a loose correlation in W-Ls and recruiting rankings and some pretty successful teams regularly are rated in the 20s ...but they get the guys who fit their systems......and Gus is doing that too.

I am telling you, we will be right there ourselves. In fact, I prefer they have great classes. It makes their tears taste even sweeter!

Uat locked up the #1 class again after landing 5 top 100 players today. Guess they weren't watching the same game I was. Bama looked pitiful compared to us.

Nothing is "locked up" until NSD.

Recruits aren't necessarily swayed by how good a team looks, especially in a spring game. If you can sell them on the idea they you are only one or two players away from greatness, a less than stellar performance can actually help.

I prefer a class in the Top 5/6 myself, that FILLS NEEDS. That is all you can ask for. But it, along with coaching/development is what is required to STAY in the chase each year. If you subtract the anomolies like UTk this year, who signed three dozen or so, we really fared far better than some seem to think.

There is an anomaly every year it seems, the year before it was Ole Miss. I agree if we stay with a Top 5/6 class every year, we will be in great shape.

Adding the 3 most likely commits (Kaleb Kim, Jordan Colbert, Jovon Robinson) we would have 250 points...good enough to be #2 currently just behind Bama. All 3 of these guys appear to be indicating commitment timeframes in the near future.

Adding the 3 most likely commits (Kaleb Kim, Jordan Colbert, Jovon Robinson) we would have 250 points...good enough to be #2 currently just behind Bama. All 3 of these guys appear to be indicating commitment timeframes in the near future.

If we just got Jovon and neither of the other to i would still be ecstatic, thats how bad i want Jovon to come back to Auburn

I agree with the three. Colbert may be awhile longer. I believe he knows what he intends to do, I just think he will let it play out. I wish to God we would offer Owens, I want a 6'-05" WR!

I agree with the three. Colbert may be awhile longer. I believe he knows what he intends to do, I just think he will let it play out. I wish to God we would offer Owens, I want a 6'-05" WR!

Is McGriff no longer on commit watch?

Is McGriff no longer on commit watch?

Was wondering the same thing.

We still lead for McGriff if Keith is right, and he has been pretty freaking solid since joining the AUC staff. We have shown him at least 3 positions he could play for us. I think he just wants to "decide" later.

Dixie - do you know what those three positions are?

Not Dixie, but I think Mikey said something about linebacker, linebacker, and line backer.

:dunno:

;)

Wow, it's truly incredible what a recruiting machine that they are! 5 top 100 recruits in one day including 2- 5*'s. Impressive and disgusting! Auburn will have a big year recruiting! But it's going to take a ridiculous haul to be able to top Alabama in recruiting any given year.

Spring game is the first opportunity to arrange for casual contact between players and the REC... or whatever might fall out of the REC's pockets...

Dixie - do you know what those three positions are?

Not Dixie, but I think Mikey said something about linebacker, linebacker, and line backer.

:dunno:

;)

Only if he has a twin that can play linebacker too. We need several of 'em just to get us up to level with Kentucky at the position. :)

Not sure where you are looking at but adding those 3 are not worth 250 points on247 even more scaled down numbers. ON Rivals Kim is worth 112, Colbert 105, and Jovon 0 because they have not rated jucos yet. So them combined would be 217 which would put us 8th on Rivals then go up after jucos are rated in December.

Not sure where you are looking at but adding those 3 are not worth 250 points on247 even more scaled down numbers. ON Rivals Kim is worth 112, Colbert 105, and Jovon 0 because they have not rated jucos yet. So them combined would be 217 which would put us 8th on Rivals then go up after jucos are rated in December.

Last time I looked (this morning) we were already 8th. Did I miss something?

You looked on 247. My post says they would put us 8th on Rivals. We are 13 there right now. LINK

Just used the calculator, added those 3, and that was the updated total. It did not include Markell already being a commit.

You looked on 247. My post says they would put us 8th on Rivals. We are 13 there right now. LINK

Oh ok. I did not see the part about Rivals.

Just used the calculator, added those 3, and that was the updated total. It did not include Markell already being a commit.

link to working class calculator? The link I go to says down for a few days and hjas been that way for a week. Link

Archived