Tray Matthews - Dismissed from UGA

BornAU76

So, now Tray is gone from their secondary, too. Their defense is going to be in shambles back there after losing their star safety and then having some on suspension for the 1st few games.

Interestingly, Tray mentions that his next home could be AU...

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/tray-matthews-dismissed-from-uga-team/ngDGw/

Well, after helping us beat UGA this past season I suppose we could find a home for him. =)

According to many of the leghumpers Havey-Clemons is the only "major" loss. Many have expressed the players didn't live up to their potential and/or didn't show much sign they were going to be top players so the defense will not be largely affected as most think. :-\ Delusion has clearly set in as they know they are royally screwed esp. on defense and the run game is about all they have to be excited about this season.

According to many of the leghumpers Havey-Clemons is the only "major" loss. Many have expressed the players didn't live up to their potential and/or didn't show much sign they were going to be top players so the defense will not be largely affected as most think. :-\ Delusion has clearly set in as they know they are royally screwed esp. on defense and the run game is about all they have to be excited about this season.

Interesting. Sounds as though they have established an atmosphere that fosters underachievement, mediocrity, lack of responsiblity. That seems to be the case.

Interesting. Sounds as though they have established an atmosphere that fosters underachievement, mediocrity, lack of responsiblity. That seems to be the case.

Obviously...kid was a true freshman...didn't know what they expected...I guess Jeremy Pruitt will have a chance to prove his worth

Well if he does come to Auburn he will have to sit out a year. In that time he can be monitored and dwell on the poor decision that he made. Please correct me if I am wrong, but if he does transfer he will not be on scholarship and will have to pay his own way. So in that year we really have nothing to lose if he makes a bad decision again.

Obviously...kid was a true freshman...didn't know what they expected...I guess Jeremy Pruitt will have a chance to prove his worth

They are justifying their comments of it not being a big deal b/c Safety's Mauger and Moore played more than Tray. But they failed to acknowledge Tray had some injury issues. They're saying he was nothing but hype. lol. I'm with you...those are some serious expectations for a freshman. SMH.

They are justifying their comments of it not being a big deal b/c Safety's Mauger and Moore played more than Tray. But they failed to acknowledge Tray had some injury issues. They're saying he was nothing but hype. lol. I'm with you...those are some serious expectations for a freshman. SMH.

Like our friends to the west...lose a recruit and "we really didn't want him anyway". JMO but any freshman starting for an SEC team is quite an athlete. Can't condone the off field behavior but classless to slam him over failing to live up to someone's hyped up expectations.

Some guys learn after a mistake...and Louisville and BP would seem to be a good fit for him. I'm no BP fan but he probably has a sympathy for people that screw up early in life and will give him a fair chance.

Like our friends to the west...lose a recruit and "we really didn't want him anyway". JMO but any freshman starting for an SEC team is quite an athlete. Can't condone the off field behavior but classless to slam him over failing to live up to someone's hyped up expectations.

Some guys learn after a mistake...and Louisville and BP would seem to be a good fit for him. I'm no BP fan but he probably has a sympathy for people that screw up early in life and will give him a fair chance.

Agree

That assumes that BP truly learned something out of his ordeal and is, at least somewhat, a changed man. I don't know if he is or not. I truly hope he is. He is a terrific coach and can use his experiences to help young men like Matthews.

The one plus to having lived before technology was so readily available, I never knew how close the sky was to falling at all times. Amazing.

man you got that right

I just wish they understood that using the term money in a sentence about Auburn is not a good thing to say.................

At least one of Matthews' new teammates has already welcomed him with open arms.

That boy
@Trigga_Tray28
coming to join this money team
#AU
— Josh Holsey (@HeyItsJholsey)
June 14, 2014

I just wish they understood that using the term money in a sentence about Auburn is not a good thing to say.................

At least one of Matthews' new teammates has already welcomed him with open arms.

That boy
@Trigga_Tray28
#AU
June 14, 2014

Why not? AU isn't giving money to players. :dunno:

Kids go to UGA, get in trouble...later sign with Auburn, get their heads screwed on straight.

I agree! So are we now not only Runninbacks U but also Rehab You? LOL

I hope Tray follows the same turnaround both on and off the field that others have found in their clean start at Auburn.

That boy
@Trigga_Tray28
#AU
June 14, 2014

Why not? AU isn't giving money to players. :dunno:

True or not, the national perception out there is that AU pays players. This only feeds that notion and becomes an easy target for people to make fun of. I definitely cringe when I see stuff like this.

That boy
@Trigga_Tray28
#AU
June 14, 2014

Why not? AU isn't giving money to players. :dunno:/>

True or not, the national perception out there is that AU pays players. This only feeds that notion and becomes an easy target for people to make fun of. I definitely cringe when I see stuff like this.

Most people with a brain in their head should be able to figure out the context in which "money" was used in this particular tweet.

Archived