QB dominos (Get The Popcorn ready)

ellitor

As the dominoes begin fall, I figured now would be a good time to break down the top QBs for this class ...

Kyler Murray: Committed to TAMU.

Blake Barnett: Decommitted from ND. As of now, he's a big Oregon lean.

Travis Waller: Top 4 of Bama, Northwestern, ND, and tOSU (No Offer). Bama-ND battle w/ Bama trending. Will commit on July 1 (My birthday).

Sheriron Jones: Committed to Florida.

Quinten Dormady: Committed to Tennessee

AU remains heavily involved with these 3 major targets ...

KAI-LOCKSLEY-1_4_4_150.JPG

Kai Locksley :starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

Ht/Wt: 6-3, 188 | Hometown/School: Baltimore, Md., Gilman School

Commit Date: Late June | Offered: Yes | Visited: Yes | Hudl Highlights

Ranking: 247 (4-star, #13 ATH) | Rivals (4-star, #12 Dual) | Scout (4-star, #19 QB) | ESPN (4-star, #6 QB:DT)

Top 2 of FSU & AU. Plans to commit in late June. FSU lean.

DEONDRE-FRANCOIS-140322-PRO.JPG

Deondre Francois :starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

Ht/Wt: 6-1, 190 | Hometown/School: Orlando, Fla., IMG Academy

Status: Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Ohio State, Tennessee and Oregon battle | Recruiter: Rhett Lashlee

Commit Date: Opening (July 5-10) | Offered: Yes | Visited: No | Hudl Highlights

Ranking: 247 (4-star, #9 Dual) | Rivals (4-star, #7 Dual) | Scout (4-star, #19 QB) | ESPN (4-star, #3 QB:DT)

This is where things could get interesting. Plans to commit in July at The Opening. QB MVP at The Rivals 5* challenge last weekend. Top 6 of Florida, FSU, AU, Oregon, tOSU, and Tennessee. As noted above, Florida & Tennessee have their QB. Also he is not a take for Oregon nor tOSU at this time. If FSU gets Kai then AU would be the only option left from his top 6.

4_931226.jpg

Torrance Gibson :starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

Ht/Wt: 6-4, 200 | Hometown/School: Fort Lauderdale, Fla., American Heritage HS

Status: Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Miami and UCF battle | Recruiter: Rhett Lashlee

Commit Date: Few weeks after his senior season | Offered: Yes | Visited: Yes | Hudl Highlights

Ranking: 247 (5-star, #1 ATH) | Rivals (4-star, #4 ATH) | Scout (5-star, #2 QB) | ESPN (5-star, #1 ATH)

Top 2 of AU & Tennessee w/ tOSU lurking. With Dormady committing to Tennessee, Gibson may have to move his commit date up to get the AU QB spot before Francois or Locksley.

-----------------------

One other note, Auburn has a QB camp tomorrow. I don't know if there will be any rising seniors at the camp but it's worth keeping an eye on it nonetheless.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any way you could see AU taking 2 of the 3 even with Queen still onboard? Sure we have other needs but I could see taking Gibson on athleticism and Francois on accuracy (if Locksley goes to FSU) and letting things fall where they will.

Any way you could see AU taking 2 of the 3 even with Queen still onboard? Sure we have other needs but I could see taking Gibson on athleticism and Francois on accuracy (if Locksley goes to FSU) and letting things fall where they will.

No. We'd lose 1 anyway if we tried to take 3.

So, we should have our second QB in the 2015 class commited by end of July is sounds like. Thanks E.

E, where would you rank Queen amongst the quarterbacks interested in Auburn? Like, if he wasn't already committed to Auburn and Auburn was still looking at getting two quarterbacks, what level of interest would you have in him?

E, where would you rank Queen amongst the quarterbacks interested in Auburn? Like, if he wasn't already committed to Auburn and Auburn was still looking at getting two quarterbacks, what level of interest would you have in him?

I'm not a QB evaluator so I can not give an educated opinion on that. All I know is the staff loves TQ and was very impressed with his junior film. Here it is in case anyone missed it. Link

Apples and oranges. While TQ is mobile, he is not the DT athlete Gibson, Locksley, or Francois are. He was tops in our board for pocket passers though.

Apples and oranges. While TQ is mobile, he is not the DT athlete Gibson, Locksley, or Francois are. He was tops in our board for pocket passers though.

Watch the films. It may not look as purdy but TQ is as much of a runner as Fracois. He ran for over 900 yards as a Sophomore. You don't do that if you're not mobile.

Just because I like chaos and seeing people squirm, didn't Jason Smith say that Gus likes him at QB last week? (It was an al.com article, but I'm on my phone and can't be bothered to go get the link)

So technically, don't we already have 2 QBs committed?

Just because I like chaos and seeing people squirm, didn't Jason Smith say that Gus likes him at QB last week? (It was an al.com article, but I'm on my phone and can't be bothered to go get the link)

So technically, don't we already have 2 QBs committed?

Regardless of what he says Jason will get a shot at QB but the staff expects him to end up at WR...and yes I read that article.

Hearing Waller to Bama, so if Dormady's offer to UT is truly committable it may happen soon. I still feel Kai to FSU.

Watch the films. It may not look as purdy but TQ is as much of a runner as Fracois. He ran for over 900 yards as a Sophomore. You don't do that if you're not mobile.

I forgot how good TQ was at running. He runs the zone read with similar trickeration to Nick Marshall. Very surprised at how well he runs.

Hearing Waller to Bama, so if Dormady's offer to UT is truly committable it may happen soon. I still feel Kai to FSU.

Interesting, I read on twitter today that Waller was #1 on Ohio State's list now as an additional QB for them.

I suspect a lot of folks are making assumptions about TQ's athleticism based off a photo and not film.

ellitor, thanks for the rundown. It's a very big deal how we fill that last QB spot. Seems like QB is at once the most important and most fluid position when it comes to recruiting and to who your actual starter is.

Interesting, I read on twitter today that Waller was #1 on Ohio State's list now as an additional QB for them.

Announcing tonight, so we'll know for certain soon...

@traviswaller11: I am making an announcement tomorrow @7pm PST @TrendsettersWW

I personally think Tyler Queen is the best of the lot. You know why ? He is an Auburn man and already committed. As far as the rest of them, no matter how the dominoes fall, it is hard to see how we would lose.

@JimmyHyams: QB Travis Waller of California expected to commit Tuesday to Alabama over UT and Notre Dame. UT still high on QB Quinten Dormady of Texas

Another tidbit to thicken the QB plot further. Gibson arrived at Tennessee Sunday and is expected to stay through Wednesday.

@JimmyHyams: QB Travis Waller of California expected to commit Tuesday to Alabama over UT and Notre Dame. UT still high on QB Quinten Dormady of Texas

AU_BSCI, Thanks. How bout that. Do you live in Tenn.? Only asking because of the Jimmy Hyams tweet. I lived in Knoxville for 10 years It was difficult considering I was a AU Grad. AL is after a different type of QB now that Kiffen is there. This kid reminds me of Francois. He is a good runner and I think a better passer.

While recognizing the relative importance of the QB in all systems, if you were looking for a weakness in CGM's offensive system, it might be the necessity of having a very good QB to make it work. We need all we can sign.

(And I wouldn't mind seeing more than one get significant playing time either.)

While recognizing the relative importance of the QB in all systems, if you were looking for a weakness in CGM's offensive system, it might be the necessity of having a very good QB to make it work. We need all we can sign.

Not a weakness at all. Every offense today needs a good if not an efficient QB to make the O work.

Not a weakness at all. Every offense today needs a good if not efficiebt QB to make the O work.

Yeah, but our offense demands even more of the QB than other systems do. But to your point, if we continue to recruit as well as we have been (and why shouldn't we?), it won't be a weakness.

Archived