It's here! Now what? USC vs TAMU - AU's best interests?

freemanjiro

I think this was a game where the usce defense is a lil overrated and Tamu, like I thought, won't skip a beat without Johnny football

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still confused by what went on here. Surely USC didn't just lose by 24! This makes me question everything I know about football, which apparently is little. I guess we have got to pay attention when TA&M comes calling.

I'm still confused by what went on here. Surely USC didn't just lose by 24! This makes me question everything I know about football, which apparently is little. I guess we have got to pay attention when TA&M comes calling.

Yep. Amazing.

This is another example of why you can't count on pre-season rankings. On paper, I think USC had the advantage going into the game, but not on the field. Like Gus says, one game at a time. Hope this makes out guys realize we can't take anyone for granted. Now let's go roast some hogs!

Congratulations, you are qualified to be an "expert." Send your resume to ESPN.

I'm no expert but I thought the game was over after I saw A&Ms first two offensive series. USCe defensive line was so undersized and they were being completely manhandled. That's something that coaching and Xs and Os can't overcome.

Congratulations, you are qualified to be an "expert." Send your resume to ESPN.

LoL!

A & M offense is much better than I expected. SC may be in trouble. Also, I hope that prick Jesse Palmer is not in the booth for our game. I will have to turn the sound off.

seems pretty cool to me...even said our defense is underrated

TAMU 52 USC 28 & TAMU is driving again.

Beating a Top Ten Team on the road, in the SEC, and making it look easy...

TAMU and Kevin Sumlin are putting on an exhibition against the OBC.

I suddenly dont fear that USCe game as much. TAMU may have just established the HUNH as a bonafide Offense and Kevin Sumlin as a bonafide SEC Level Coach.

Johnny Manziel may be forgotten by midseason.

yes and you see how they struggled against texas a&m's HUNH offense, imagine when they play us, love that our D can practice against our O so they'll be ready for texas a&m's offense no doubt

SC = worse than expected

They just looked bad, especially the D. I was very surprised.

TA&m = better than expected

tAMU still has secondary issues. They are going to have to out score people.

exactly what happened in this game is what we don't want for auburn need to have consistent defensive play especially in the secondary

Their secondary is better, but still suspect. We'll need Slammin Sammie and Duke to be in mid season form. If that happens, I like our chances in a track meet.

Awfully impressed by what they put on last night.

Well folks this is just another primary reason that pre season polls are total BS. Everyone listening to the "experts" on BSPN get sucked in to buying what they put out and they don't know anymore than the average fan. Pesonally I was not surprised by this at all. SC can not handle HUNH. I know everybody thinks we will lay the wood to Arky and I hope we do but I am old enough to know anything can happen and sooner or later it will. Last night's game just proves my point. I feel good about our game with Arky but will watch with a cautious eye. Go get 'em Gus, WDE!!!

Wow! Just read this thread from the beginning. I did not post and I am not sure how I would have, but man that was a butt stomping. Obviously, only a couple of people on this thread were right about what happened.

I watched the game, it reminded me of the stomping we took from A&M 2 years ago. I guess we can quit wondering if A&M is going to be good, year in and year out.

A&M is going to be a major factor in the conference. They looked great for an SEC opening against a team most thought was a Top 10 team.

A&M is good, but it's hard to win consistently with the air-raid IMO. I'm no expert so maybe I'm right haha.

While TAM is good, USC's defense AND offense made them look much better than they really are. I'd bet TAM will struggle with Ms St, AU, Mizzou and LSU.

The USC DL got some push but didn't contain the QB leaving gaping areas for him to escape to and the USC DBs were playing fantasy football or something. USC had virtually no running game and Thompson was very shaky on accuracy. Even when he did hit the WRs, they would cough the ball up.

Based on this showing, I put USC at 4 losses minimum.

While TAM is good, USC's defense AND offense made them look much better than they really are. I'd bet TAM will struggle with Ms St, AU, Mizzou and LSU.

The USC DL got some push but didn't contain the QB leaving gaping areas for him to escape to and the USC DBs were playing fantasy football or something. USC had virtually no running game and Thompson was very shaky on accuracy. Even when he did hit the WRs, they would cough the ball up.

Based on this showing, I put USC at 4 losses minimum.

I wouldn't assume too much from just one game. You could have said the same of us after the WSU game last year. But, yes, if this is indicative of their play for the rest of the year, Cocky fans will be disappointed.

A&M is good, but it's hard to win consistently with the air-raid IMO. I'm no expert so maybe I'm right haha.

Why is that?

People don't want to give Sumlin his due, he's every bit as good of a coach as Gus is. They are the team for us to worry about in the future

Look at what aTm's O-line did to the gamecocks pass rush. I hardly recall a time Kenny Hill was under pressure. Now whether that is more a statement to aTm's O-line or a statement about what Clowney meant to the 'cocks - I'm not sure. Regardless - you dont fluke your way to 52 points against good teams.

Why is that?

How many air-raid offenses have you seen win Natties in the last 20 years? And by Air-Raid I mean any offense that passes at a ratio of 60-40 or greater.

A&M has an experienced O-Line and if you look at their recruiting over last 3 -4 years they have Talent on O & D. They could be the Auburn of last year. Nobody expected much, O carries them while D gets a little better with every game. SC had no running game give some credit to A&M D-line. Lot of similarities between A&M this year and Auburn last year. Big difference is our O was run based theirs is pass based but both are hard to stop.

This was just one game but if they improve from week to week this could be one heck of a game when we play them, especially as we have questions about our own D.

Now it is time for Auburn to go out and show what we have against the pigs. I would really like to see a dominant D performance from Auburn on Saturday.

Archived