Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we going to get the "War Eagle" embroidered on the back of the pants this year? I do love a nice embroidered backside.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I, too, love a nice ... backside. No sarcasm at all.

Are we going to get the "War Eagle" embroidered on the back of the pants this year? I do love a nice embroidered backside.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

I think it's going to be bedazzled.

Just kidding...I don't have time to worry myself with silly little matters like bedazzled backsides.

I guess I'm the only cat on the block who digged the tapered stripes?

No, you aren't. I loved the tapered stripes, but it's of such little consequence it just doesn't matter. Some people just find something extremely petty to worry about. When the game is on, I couldn't care less about the stripe on the pants. The only time I'll remotely worry about our uniforms is if they decide to pull a whole sale change and ugly them up like others across the country. Until then, I have more important things to worry about.

Or add orange face masks.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

I think it's going to be bedazzled.

Just kidding...I don't have time to worry myself with silly little matters like bedazzled backsides.

I used to be in to bedazzling ....

I didn't really care one way or the other about the tapered stripes, it was the way the shoulder stripes didn't go all the way around that kinda irked me. But, again, it's not really that big of a deal to me.

I didn't really care one way or the other about the tapered stripes, it was the way the shoulder stripes didn't go all the way around that kinda irked me. But, again, it's not really that big of a deal to me.

I have yet to see a photo illustrating this difference.

Photo of Jason Cambell in 2004. Notice how the shoulder stripe goes all the way around his arm.

jason-campbell-240x300.jpg

Photo of Jeremy Johnson. Notice how the same stripe abruptly stops.

JohnsonJeremy_1_0.jpg?itok=AbBj1wmr

Definitely prefer the complete stripe around the arms.

I guess there's a material change there that led to the truncation?

Y'all are crazy. White shoes look better in every sport. They make athletes look faster and black shoes make them look slower.

The white looks better even. Especially against our away uniforms.

Definitely prefer the complete stripe around the arms.

I guess there's a material change there that led to the truncation?

That and the Under Armor jersey embroidering design.

Photo of Jason Cambell in 2004. Notice how the shoulder stripe goes all the way around his arm.

jason-campbell-240x300.jpg

Photo of Jeremy Johnson. Notice how the same stripe abruptly stops.

JohnsonJeremy_1_0.jpg?itok=AbBj1wmr

Yeah, the full stripe is most definitely better. Thanks!

Presumably the partial stripe was due to the construction of the jersey?

The "sleeve" on the newer jersey is much shorter, almost non-existant. On the older jersey it's a more traditional sleeve, so there is material that the stripe can continue on. With the newer jersey there isn't enough material to carry the strip on to.

The older jersey had the sleeves bunched up to get them shorter, and also give people something to grab - the newer ones have less material, no bunching up of jersey, and less to grab.

Therefore Im a fan of the new style.

Great, now are the black socks and shoes back!?!?

I always liked the black shoes more than the white. Socks should be a true navy though, not black.

I think our jerseys could be slightly darker also.

Is there a way to make our helmets match our road whites? Seems like the helmet is an off white. Maybe it's not possible, though.

I also liked the dark shoes/socks, especially with our home jerseys.

Under Armour just unveiled uniforms for 4 teams, including Auburn. This includes their new fabric pattern, which they describe as "virtually ungrabbable"

Link: http://collegespun.com/independents/notre-dame/notre-dame-auburn-utah-maryland-cincinnati-unveil-new-armourgrid-jersey

Under Armour just unveiled uniforms for 4 teams, including Auburn. This includes their new fabric pattern, which they describe as "virtually ungrabbable"

Link: http://collegespun.c...mourgrid-jersey

Slippery Roc and the ungrabbable jersey will really make life tough for the defenders..

CLgc67qUYAAn2_I.jpg

:bow:

Archived