malzahn is way over paid

tombigbeetiger

Boy this thread was exactly what we needed. Forget the last two years have been some of the best offense Auburn has ever seen. Forget that the problem last year was on D, so he fired a DC after only 2 seasons and hired the best one money could buy. Forget that we are younger overall than any team that won a natty in the last 20 years. Forget that we won every stat of that game other than score. Once you forget every single one of those points, then your point is valid. What will you say when we win out from here? Fire his ass? Go away.

ssshhhhhh facts. shhhhhh.

Please don't let facts get in the way of a good solid Auburn family meltdown.

What about the fact that the QB who ran those offenses is gone and there's been a massive drop off THIS season? I don't think we need to be comparing ourselves to NC teams... How about 10 win teams? How does our youth stack up with 10 win teams over the past 20 years? Who the **** cares that we won every stat other than the final score? The final score is the only one that matters as evidenced by the large number of posters who assured me of that fact after WE LOST EVERY STATE CATEGORY except for the final score TO LOUISVILLE AND JACKSONVILLE STATE. You can't have it both ways.

So I saw improved quarterback play at MSU. I saw a solid defensive showing in the 2nd half after adjustments were made during halftime, and I saw a defense there that also stopped the run very well. We have a young secondary learning on the job - gonna be growing pains and a lot of yardage there. No excuses for not scoring in the redzone, but I don't know you can put a failure to execute blocks, a high snap, or a forced pass-turned-INT on coaching. The earlier games we played sloppy but we won. I haven't seen anyone say they are satisfied with a loss this weekend, I've seen people say there are good things to take away from the game and build on. I certainly thought so. After the LSU game, I think we all saw what kind of a season it would be, so I'm confused why you seem to scream and freak at every opportunity?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy this thread was exactly what we needed. Forget the last two years have been some of the best offense Auburn has ever seen. Forget that the problem last year was on D, so he fired a DC after only 2 seasons and hired the best one money could buy. Forget that we are younger overall than any team that won a natty in the last 20 years. Forget that we won every stat of that game other than score. Once you forget every single one of those points, then your point is valid. What will you say when we win out from here? Fire his ass? Go away.

ssshhhhhh facts. shhhhhh.

Please don't let facts get in the way of a good solid Auburn family meltdown.

What about the fact that the QB who ran those offenses is gone and there's been a massive drop off THIS season? I don't think we need to be comparing ourselves to NC teams... How about 10 win teams? How does our youth stack up with 10 win teams over the past 20 years? Who the **** cares that we won every stat other than the final score? The final score is the only one that matters as evidenced by the large number of posters who assured me of that fact after WE LOST EVERY STATE CATEGORY except for the final score TO LOUISVILLE AND JACKSONVILLE STATE. You can't have it both ways.

So I saw improved quarterback play at MSU. I saw a solid defensive showing in the 2nd half after adjustments were made during halftime, and I saw a defense there that also stopped the run very well. We have a young secondary learning on the job - gonna be growing pains and a lot of yardage there. No excuses for not scoring in the redzone, but I don't know you can put a failure to execute blocks, a high snap, or a forced pass-turned-INT on coaching. The earlier games we played sloppy but we won. I haven't seen anyone say they are satisfied with a loss this weekend, I've seen people say there are good things to take away from the game and build on. I certainly thought so. After the LSU game, I think we all saw what kind of a season it would be, so I'm confused why you seem to scream and freak at every opportunity?

I "scream and freak out at every opportunity" ? What are you talking about? I've said, in numerous threads, that there were some positives to take away from this game. My post was in the response to the post that you quoted... Seems like you're changing the subject to defense. Strange. Respond to my post and I'll provide a relevant response.

ETA- I put failure to execute mainly on the shoulders of the coaches. I'm a coach and if my team doesn't perform, I accept the blame. It's my job to teach the players how to execute the game plan and make sure that they do. If a player fails to execute, it's my job to immediately correct it or replace them with a player who can.

To follow up a bit more, Roof had the absolute best halftime adjustments we've seen in a long time at AU. Night and day between halves. Lets just say when game planning on Saturday and Sunday, he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted and was questioned and denied at every turn. He wasn't during halftime.

So you are saying Chizik was the problem with Roof and Gus was the problem with Ellis Johnson? Just give me a yes or no answer for each . Thanks

I'll say this, the defensive staff weren't the only people in the defensive meetings while CGC was here.

To follow up a bit more, Roof had the absolute best halftime adjustments we've seen in a long time at AU. Night and day between halves. Lets just say when game planning on Saturday and Sunday, he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted and was questioned and denied at every turn. He wasn't during halftime.

So you are saying Chizik was the problem with Roof and Gus was the problem with Ellis Johnson? Just give me a yes or no answer for each . Thanks

I'll say this, the defensive staff weren't the only people in the defensive meetings while CGC was here.

So these people were going over Chiz or Roof's head in regards to the defensive gameplan? Why would either of those guys elect to stay at AU after it was clear they weren't being put in a position to merely do their jobs? Not disputing your information, I'm just commenting on the situation.

So these people were going over Chiz or Roof's head in regards to the defensive gameplan? Why would either of those guys elect to stay at AU after it was clear they weren't being put in a position to merely do their jobs? Not disputing your information, I'm just commenting on the situation.

I've heard others whose opinions I trust say what bird is saying.

Keep in mind that Auburn was paying these guys a lot of money. They have families. Ellis Johnson was pretty old. BVG's kid was on the team. They had a lot to think about before changing jobs. And it seems obvious that CEJ was mailing it in halfway through last season, and maybe BVG was for all of 2012, so maybe they effectively did quit.

Keep in mind that Auburn was paying these guys a lot of money. They have families. Ellis Johnson was pretty old. BVG's kid was on the team. They had a lot to think about before changing jobs. And it seems obvious that CEJ was mailing it in halfway through last season, and maybe BVG was for all of 2012, so maybe they effectively did quit.

I've also seen it mentioned on the board a few times it's just so bizarre to me. Does this type of thing go on at other schools as well?

I've also seen it mentioned on the board a few times it's just so bizarre to me. Does this type of thing go on at other schools as well?

I honestly don't know, although a lot of folks say that it's really bad at Texas. Speaking of, I do know that a lot of folks have said that Jerry Jones meddles too much in the day-to-day coaching of the Cowboys, but I don't know of another NCAA equivalent.

I can also say that the general consensus outside our fanbase for the longest time was that Bobby Lowder was calling all our shots. I don't know if that's true, but he was definitely a key player in Jetgate and it might explain why we went after Chizik- who in hindsight could very well have been a Yes man for the PTB- after Tubs- notoriously the opposite of a Yes man. All In, I guess? I dunno. I'm just saying words for the hell of it.

Last thought: I can't imagine that Muschamp would put up with that crap.

I would hope that those same people saw what they were doing to the program and now leave it to the staff to work on defense...

I would hope that those same people saw what they were doing to the program and now leave it to the staff to work on defense...

To be clear, this is what was happening with Chizik. I have not heard any of the same issues under Gus. Has anyone else? Just a nod and a wink will suffice as I know some things can't be posted on here. But, I for one have not heard anything of the kind this go round.

Edit: and for the record the main guy that infiltrated those meetings is no longer around.

...I'm just saying words for the hell of it...

My basic internet strategy.

To be clear, this is what was happening with Chizik. I have not heard any of the same issues under Gus. Has anyone else? Just a nod and a wink will suffice as I know some things can't be posted on here. But, I for one have not heard anything of the kind this go round.

Edit: and for the record the main guy that infiltrated those meetings is no longer around.

Well that's good. It always ticks me off when people are so arrogant that they think they can overstep their paygrade or try to dictate things they new nothing about. Just a different breed of incompetence

I thought it was to scream and freak out? Make up your mind, psycho.

Wildcard?

Wildcard?

tumblr_m1gngcbkwR1qmaa05o1_500.jpg

That is so perfect.

I do not think I have had a headache worse than the one I am dealing with at the moment. After reading all of the quotes, sub-quotes, and so forth, I have determined that far too many of my fellow Auburn fans need to step back for a moment and take a deep breath.

Good Lord my friends, all is not lost of which I am certain of. I fully expect to see a much improved team on both sides of the ball next week. This will be a good team for SW hone his skills as well as for the defense to sharpen their teeth.

My pooch, Her Majesty's Lady Annabelle, or Belle as we call her has decided to become "War Corgi" If any of you have a Welsh Corgi, you know how fearless these little dogs can be.

I would think not, since Gus was here when that was happening. Would expect that to be part of the discussions before taking the job. :dunno:

What a thread ....

IronMan, you're right. I, for one, do take the position that all these coaches are overpaid. However, if you look at what the market and performance command, Gus is definitely NOT overpaid.

And people are equally allowed to call out post that are asinine

BOOM!

Don't tell certain people. They are rewriting thrforum rules, lol. They act like a horse"s rear half the time, then dish out board etiquette the other half. Priceless.

Little late to the party, I see.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out this is still happening. On both side of the ball.

I have no inside information whatsoever but my gut tells me that what we are seeing at the moment from this team is NOT simply poor coaching but rather something going on behind the scenes.

Archived