***Auburn 30 Kentucky 27 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Gus just can't help himself in the second half.....give him a bit of a lead and his play calling goes into the toilet. Lucky to hang on....and some good individual efforts by some defenders at the end of the game.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War damn eagle everybody! Man we needed that win. Kentucky has some players but it should not have been that close. At least we know who our quarterback is now. Sean can get it done.

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense.

:-\

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

I liked our first half identity. 2nd half, not so much.

:-\

He made some great throws in the first half.

I think we can build around SW. He's smart and makes good decisions. Made one bad read tonight (threw into heavy coverage to Ricardo on the sideline in the 3rd qtr). Other than that he was solid. We need a receiver to take the top off the defense i.e. Jason Smith, Ricardo, anyone. It was clear in the 1st half that the passing game opened up the running game and not vice versa. Better get used to that. We'll have to throw it early and often the rest of the season. It's not rocket science that Gus likes to run up the gut, repeatedly, repeatedly, etc...

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense or the rest of the teams on our schedule (aside from Idaho) are going to eat us alive.

Tell me about your play calling improvements.

I thought the O was much improved. We failed to execute in the 3rd. Wasn't play calling. Several missed blocks and a few dropped passes. If you can get 2 hands on the ball, then it should be caught.

D needs some work. Too many missed tackles in the backfield tonight. Our DBs were step for step with their WRs, good coverage, but we GOTZ to get our head turned around. They'd see alot more balls defensed (tipped/picked) if they did.

A decent showing from the offense (except for our continually enigmatic third quarter). Sean was 255, 17/27. What's more, he looked composed even when he had to run for his life - and, boy can he whip it. His first drop was because he about took the numbers off someone's jersey.

Defense...uh...needs some work. It's really bipolar right now; some series/downs, its locked down tight, then we give up 3rd and 22. Need better technique (Cass). It's not great, but it's better than it was last year.

You should see him Nae Nae

I liked our first half identity. 2nd half, not so much.

First half we threw a lot on first down (especially first quarter). Then we got too conservative, I'll agree. But we won; and the defense won it at the end. That's important.

It's sad that we're at this point with a team like Kentucky but i'll take it b/c i liked what i saw from Sean White. Other WRs need to step up in the passing game but overall WR blocking was a lot better. I loved the play calling in the first half mixing things up but we got the brain fart Gus in the 3rd Q. Our defense sucks...we all know this so we need to score when we can and as often as we can. We can't afford to leave the game in the hands of the defense...that's just the way it is right now. Glad we got the win and showed some sort of improvements.

SW has earned the right to named our starter going forward.

Well they kinda left the game in the hands of the defense...but I see ya point, they got to improve on 3rd down...and get off the field

Gee...maybe we should have lost this game after all....some of the crybaby "fans" might have gone elsewhere and we would not have to sort through all the negativism to find a few comments that sound like Auburn people.

JMO but one of the worst things to ever happen to the AU fan base was the BCS championship in 2010....brought out the bammer in way too many people who claim to be fans of Auburn University.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense or the rest of the teams on our schedule (aside from Idaho) are going to eat us alive.

We must have watched two different games. Sean was good. Not senior level good, but by the end of the year, he will be really good.

The defense was the defense we have had to suffer through since 2007 without a Nick Farily or a Josh Bynes.

This was a complete team win. Special teams got us good field position, offense scored enough and the defense sealed it. This was the kind of win you can build on

WAR EAGLE!!! Was that Cowart that got the stop?

No Garrett.

Gotcha... Thanks. Stupid me, I was listening to the announcers and I thought I heard them say Cowart made the stop...

They said Cowart made a good play, or something like that

Cowart is 9 and he was not on the field.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. He makes mostly good decisions, but is not going to be able to run read option and doesn't have the arm to get the ball deep. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

HUH? So you saw no improvements? What didn't you like from White? H3ll he threw zero INTs....that alone is good for the season we've been having.

SW play is in the middle. He's shown more than enough to justify starting and not be questioned. He hasn't played near good enough to make statements like everything was bad about the team but him, or he's everything we need.

Gus just can't help himself in the second half.....give him a bit of a lead and his play calling goes into the toilet. Lucky to hang on....and some good individual efforts by some defenders at the end of the game.

YEP!

What the hell is Gus smiling about.

Not sure why the excitement. That was Kentucky. I have poured all my kool aid packets and all.

He wussed out a win against a no body.

He laid an egg in the 2nd half

He remains predictable

He continues to run same crazy plays for last three years with poor results

He still shows no guts

Say hat you want but this is not improvement. If so tell me where it gets better. Again this is Kentucky.

We can't play with big boys and we are out of contention for SEC west and a decent bowl.

Go ahead and take a sip and convince yourself playing in a laughing stock bowl has practice value. I call crap.

If pre season to know won't help us what the heck with two more weeks do! Instill more poor techniques??

Bama and UGA will embarrass us.

One of you gurus give me Gus records vs

Lsu

Bama

UGA

Archived