Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@cole256, you heard the new Kendrick yet?

:blink:  :timeout:  :clap:  :bow:  :thumbsup:  :campfire:

No, not yet. J. Cole is my guy right now though. Have you? If so did you like it?

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No, not yet. J. Cole is my guy right now though. Have you? If so did you like it?

I like it quite a bit but I'm no hip hop aficionado. I can say for sure that this dude doesn't sound like anything else and makes words come out of his mouth in a way that has to be very difficult to do. I don't think his breathing requirements are the same as a normal human's. Even more than most rappers. 

These jewels played from my iTunes library yesterday while I piddled around with my car.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know I've posted that RE was a very good concert band. Actually came to Auburn early 70's

Song seemed more Easter-appropriate than "Signs" (Five Man Electric Band), and more palatable to our crowd here than any Handel stuff.

Saw Rare Earth at about the same time in Mobile Municipal. They were one of two groups (other was Badfinger) I saw back then that just pushed the stage off into the wings of the auditorium and played from middle of the dome floor ("festival seating" in-the-round).

Happy to you.

I love how songs can perfectly fit into the soundtrack of your life. I remember driving back from a hike in the Olympic National Forest in Northern WA, and this album completely coinciding with the scenery. This album/song couldn't have been more perfect. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Speaking of bands with "earth" in the title, here's a great atmospheric album from Earth. 

Good stuff, but

almost made me break out the koto (my "go to" for atmospherics) music.

Ok a few guys who are not that well known from way back but I attended their concerts. Some of these venues may have had only 500 to 1000 people. Billy was fantastic one of the best solo concerts ever

• Like 2

• Like 1