Sean White named starting QB

WarTiger

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you feel like I'm talking trash about him, that's your opinion, and you're allowed to have it. You're insane if you don't think fans of other teams that are generally on Auburn's tier or better wouldn't be disappointed in the same outcome though. Sorry to burst your bubble about that

You mean like with Radhaad Johnson?  Didn't have a single D1 offer, was told by Sabans staff they he'd never play as RB. Switched to safety. Made the two deep in his first year at the position. Ended up an all American....the turd fans must have been raising hell. Right?  What a bunch of morons they were for putting a walk on in the two deep.  Yep, I see the logic now lmao. There's two ways to look at any situation. You may want to re-evaluate which way you are looking at it. It's not insane to not be upset that a walk on made the roster. It's actually quite insane to actually get upset about it. 

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the App State/UT game last and was very impressed with the way ASU's QB ran that offense.  His measurable were SW like and gave me hope for this season.  The ASU's OL handled the talent laden UT DL for most of the game.  ASU's play calling kept the UT D on its toes and the ASU D played their heart out.  It seemed the ASU's conditioning didn't hold up throughout the game and they lost in OT.  

7 hours ago, FistyMcBeefpunch said:

Pretty sure I read in an article that he caught 2k yards during one season of high school.  

And is one of two high school players in history to do that in the state of Arkansas.  He's also one of the quickest guys on our team, holding the top or second spot on the board in short burst and agility speed tests... competing with guys like Truitt and Franklin, who we know are well above average fast. But, hey... if @Dual-Threat Rigby wants to judge a guy based on his status as a walk-on and not his ability, let him. It wouldn't be the first time he judged someone based on something arbitrary. 

11 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

white will be playing behind two new offensive tackles...neither one has shown the quickness needed to play the position......i hope he survives until they get comfortable

Im sure who they practice against helps them prepare

14 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Don't  you want the best players on the field...walk on or not?

Great question Poet.  I guess I'm just old school.  I don't care if player is 5* or 2*, the guys who are doing the job in camp and practice should get the start.  Our starting lineup might look good to casual observer (DT) to see all 4* and 5* players but that doesn't necessarily equate to wins IMO.  Our coaches know who is getting job done not us.

14 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Don't  you want the best players on the field...walk on or not?

Exactly. Players play for more reasons than how many stars they had. Some just had to come in the back door by walking on because they may not have had the fortune of getting noticed in high school. Some are just more willing to put in the work than others. Some don't care how many stars the competition has, just that he can run sharper routes, block more effectively, hold onto to the ball, not fear getting hit, the list could go on I assume. The bottom line is that Will Hastings apparently does his job the right way and makes fewer mistakes so he will get to play. In the meantime someone else gets a wake-up call and in the end everyone is better for it, mainly the team. 

52 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

white will be playing behind two new offensive tackles...neither one has shown the quickness needed to play the position......i hope he survives until they get comfortable

I'm sure your professional opinion is much greater than two different SEC coaching staffs.  He is too slow for tackle, that's why Golson played Tackle at Ole Miss and AU.  But hey, I'm sure you know more. Thanks for your insight. Please though continue trolling.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm sure your professional opinion is much greater than two different SEC coaching staffs.  He is too slow for tackle, that's why Golson played Tackle at Ole Miss and AU.  But hey, I'm sure you know more. Thanks for your insight. Please though continue trolling.

i'm not trolling...i don't know what makes you think that?...i am offering an observation....lets see how it plays out

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not to mention was freshman all sec....there's been some crazy "observations " on this thread but this one might be the icing on the cake. Goes right up there with the idea that white will be running the zone read every other play

24 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

i'm not trolling...i don't know what makes you think that?...i am offering an observation....lets see how it plays out

Serious question...what observation is it that leads you to believe he doesn't have the talent to play the position even with the knowledge that he earned freshman all sec honors for the same position?  I'd say it's been pretty well proven he does have the talent/ability to properly play the position or (1) he wouldn't have played as a freshman and (2) he wouldn't have garnered the attention required to earn all sec. What is it that leads you to believe he suddenly lost all that talent and now doesn't have the proper ability to play the position?

7 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Serious question...what observation is it that leads you to believe he doesn't have the talent to play the position even with the knowledge that he earned freshman all sec honors for the same position?  I'd say it's been pretty well proven he does have the talent/ability to properly play the position or (1) he wouldn't have played as a freshman and (2) he wouldn't have garnered the attention required to earn all sec. What is it that leads you to believe he suddenly lost all that talent and now doesn't have the proper ability to play the position?

there are two tackles, not just golson...go look at the film  from last year...leff's strength is run blocking and he has struggled with his pass blocking......that came from quotes from coaches....how many true freshmen start on the offensive line?....very few unless there is a severe lack of talent, injuries or other reasons, so it is easy to make freshman all sec if you play minimal snaps....watch their footwork.....an offensive tackle MUST have quick feet.....neither one show that in the film, although in fairness to golson, playing center is not the same as playing tackle....we'll see early on....i suspect venerables is going to use blitzes to create pressure on white, while dropping the ends back in coverage to take advantage of the inexperience at OT.....if we can't run the ball, its going to be a long night, and i don't expect to be able to run it well enough to keep  pressure off of white

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I watched the App State/UT game last and was very impressed with the way ASU's QB ran that offense.  His measurable were SW like and gave me hope for this season.  The ASU's OL handled the talent laden UT DL for most of the game.  ASU's play calling kept the UT D on its toes and the ASU D played their heart out.  It seemed the ASU's conditioning didn't hold up throughout the game and they lost in OT.  

I watched the Louisville game, and I almost cried.....Just thinking if we had this guy it wouldn't be too far fetched to think at least the SEC championship.....

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I watched the Louisville game, and I almost cried.....Just thinking if we had this guy it wouldn't be too far fetched to think at least the SEC championship.....

grown men think alike,cole....i doubt if he would have played as well with us as he has at louisville, though.....its ridiculous

"I would prefer you support WHO WE ARE instead of who we are NOT".....Coach from Hoosiers

3 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

I'll add on to what Bird said that AG played as a true freshman at Ole Miss.  Leff is also gonna be solid. Our OL won't be a problem and will be a strength providing that we don't have enough any injuries.

43 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

grown men think alike,cole....i doubt if he would have played as well with us as he has at louisville, though.....its ridiculous

C'mon TBBT!  Now that statement is just being negative to be negative.  YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!!

I ain't givin' up on ya' yet, buddy....

C'mon, give us a WAR EAGLE!!!!

nope, bobby petrino knows how to coach a quarterback out of high school and lamar jackson didn't go to juco so he wouldn't do a

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

C'mon TBBT!  Now that statement is just being negative to be negative.  YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!!

I ain't givin' up on ya' yet, buddy....

C'mon, give us a WAR EAGLE!!!!

nything but throw interceptions for us

26 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I'll add on to what Bird said that AG played as a true freshman at Ole Miss.  Leff is also gonna be solid. Our OL won't be a problem and will be a strength providing that we don't have enough any injuries.

we'll see

13 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

nope, bobby petrino knows how to coach a quarterback out of high school and lamar jackson didn't go to juco so he wouldn't do a

nything but throw interceptions for us

I won't argue with you about Petrino.  Like him or hate him the man is good with QB's.  I won't even say that LJ made a bad decision.  He may very well thrive, do well and even go as a high draft pick one day and God bless him if that happens!

However, if he had chosen Auburn, I contend that none of this conversation would be happening and you'd be the sunshiny-ist sunshine pumper on this board!  Of course, that's all conjecture and we'll never know but War Eagle anyway buddy!

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I won't argue with you about Petrino.  Like him or hate him the man is good with QB's.  I won't even say that LJ made a bad decision.  He may very well thrive, do well and even go as a high draft pick one day and God bless him if that happens!

However, if he had chosen Auburn, I contend that none of this conversation would be happening and you'd be the sunshiny-ist sunshine pumper on this board!  Of course, that's all conjecture and we'll never know but War Eagle anyway buddy!

yeah, i would be happy if he played here like he has at louisville.....but the problem would be that petrino would not be here to coach him up!....look, malzahn caught lightning in a bottle with cam newton and nick marshall....those two guys were so good that i would be national coach of the year if i were coaching them.....i'm waiting, expecting absolutely nothing, so maybe i get fooled....keep an eye on malzahns playcalling....that will tell you a few things about how the season will probably go

35 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

yeah, i would be happy if he played here like he has at louisville.....but the problem would be that petrino would not be here to coach him up!....look, malzahn caught lightning in a bottle with cam newton and nick marshall....those two guys were so good that i would be national coach of the year if i were coaching them.....i'm waiting, expecting absolutely nothing, so maybe i get fooled....keep an eye on malzahns playcalling....that will tell you a few things about how the season will probably go

Easy now. Cam NEWTON I agree would have made any coach look like a star. However, NM let's face it is or was not some can't miss superstar qb like Cam was. NM was moved to DB before they ever really gave him a chance at qb in the NFL. So I would say CGM played a role in NM being so effective at qb.  NM is my 2nd favorite AU player all time behind Cam so don't think I am trying to talk bad about him at all.  NM would not have been a SEC championship winning qb and nearly as effective at any other school or playing for any other coach imo. 

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Charlotte went 2-10 last year and 0-8 in CUSA. Comparing that to an SEC West schedule (and likely championship based on the play against Charlotte) is like comparing apples and outer space. Lmao. 

I started to say it was just Charlotte because I'm pretty big on seeing it done against quality players. But the stats he put up was impressive against anybody and did it pretty much in a half. But anyway I was just imagining him in this offense. 

Archived