Jason Smith moves to QB

JMassie11

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasn't moved to QB, he's getting snaps there as an emergency back-up and for, potentially, some select trick plays. He's still working with the receivers, too.

My guess is that Gus wants a safety net if Sean doesn't make it through the SEC Gauntlet and John sputters.

i agree with lion altho it might be possible franklin still has ball security issues or maybe is in the dog house. but with jj less than stellar i personally think it is a good idea. how many qb's did osu go through that one year? but just opinions and nothing concrete here so do not take it as truth and run fer goodness sake...........

My thought after hearing this today was the possibility of him red shirting to add depth for next year. That's solely if everyone can stay healthy.

My first thought is...why didn't we do this last year when we saw the JJ debacle? I said back then he should be an emergency option. It couldn't have hurt, and really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, not that my opinion matters. In short, a year late imo.

I don't understand this move at this point.  JF3 and JJ haven't been terrible in their limited playing time this season.  There is always woody and queen unless they are looking terrible in practice.  Maybe Jason is upset and this is purely a move to keep him happy.  We saw his pass attempt in the bowl game and it was less than inspiring.  This could also be a decoy move for some of the big games to come

Just now, Win4AU said:

I don't understand this move at this point.  JF3 and JJ haven't been terrible in their limited playing time this season.  There is always woody and queen unless they are looking terrible in practice.  Maybe Jason is upset and this is purely a move to keep him happy.  We saw his pass attempt in the bowl game and it was less than inspiring.  This could also be a decoy move for some of the big games to come

At the same time, we saw Sean's pass attempts at Clemson, and they were less than inspiring as well.  The lesson - it's hard for a QB to come in and make a big throw right away.

47 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i agree with lion altho it might be possible franklin still has ball security issues or maybe is in the dog house. but with jj less than stellar i personally think it is a good idea. how many qb's did osu go through that one year? but just opinions and nothing concrete here so do not take it as truth and run fer goodness sake...........

I just wanted to say JJ is not in any doghouse. we don't bash the players here

• WarTiger pinned and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just wanted to say JJ is not in any doghouse. we don't bash the players here

i am not bashing anyone fellow. and if you read what i said i was talking maybe franklin. if you are going to crawl me pay attention to what i actually said. and if jj was stellar he would be starting right? and i did not say jj was bad or sucked i said he was less than stellar. you want to crawl someone go jump the people on this board calling jj a coward. jesus........

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not bashing anyone fellow. and if you read what i said i was talking maybe franklin. if you are going to crawl me pay attention to what i actually said. and if jj was stellar he would be starting right? and i did not say jj was bad or sucked i said he was less than stellar. you want to crawl someone go jump the people on this board calling jj a coward. jesus........

lol I was the one bashing JJ a mod changed that for me WITHOUT my consent.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol I was bashing JJ a mode changed that for me WITHOUT my consent.

A prerogative that every moderator here has as part of their responsibilities. ...and Golf sucks.

24 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

With all the crap I pull, it's about time! 

Its okay. He never remembers where he left his list.

I don't know why they didn't move him back to QB when fall practice started.  We had a bunch of freshmen who were obviously better receivers than him.  Might as well have him prepped as a backup at QB or as a kick returner and get some use out of him.  He had a lot of practice running the option if we ever need that.

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

it seems our qb's have no development other that their own talent and skills

You don't like the way Sean White has progressed? Cam Newton? Nick Marshall? They all got noticeably better in their time at AU.

6 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

My thought after hearing this today was the possibility of him red shirting to add depth for next year. That's solely if everyone can stay healthy.

He's played this year so he can't redshirt. One snap and your year is shot, barring certain special injury situations. Also, he used his redshirt year at JUCO so he couldn't redshirt anyway.

12 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time, we saw Sean's pass attempts at Clemson, and they were less than inspiring as well.  The lesson - it's hard for a QB to come in and make a big throw right away.

Patrick Nix says HELLO

Archived