Who approves things like this?

WarDamnEagleWDE

Posted this picture early this AM on the SEC Media thread. I was saying the exact same thing! Our media guides always look so plain Jane. Like we completed it a couple hours before it's supposed to go out to print. lol. 

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Posted this picture early this AM on the SEC Media thread. I was saying the exact same thing! Our media guides always look so plain Jane. Like we completed it a couple hours before it's supposed to go out to print. lol. 

AU has one of the top rated graphic design programs in the country and we get this?  

This is something that my yearbook class could put together back when i was in high school! I've been out of high school for like 15 years! 

We had Gus on the front last year too. Not sure why we're obsessed with having him on the cover. However, last year's certainly looked better than this one! 

I personally think coaches should never be on the cover unless they have been there a long time and they are retiring the upcoming year. And this year not only is our coach in the cover, but the image is larger than the players. It makes Gus look like he has a big ego, whether it is intentional or not. 

But in the end it is a media cover so it isn't that big of a deal. 

Gus' big ole head is the thing that makes it bad.  Off balance, bad composition, out of scale.  Throw a couple more players on there and it's at least benign, but decent.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Could be worse... 

Mizzou-Cover-610x381.png

This is bad for sure but I think ours takes the cake for the worst. Malzahn's giant head and a terrible picture makes it an all time bad. The layout is horrendous. 

lolol @ the mizzou cover. I thought that was a joke making fun of their actual cover. Looks like a damn instructional manual for something.

It's a media guide for goodness sakes! Why do we need to look for ways to down Auburn football and especially our coach. Sorry guys but I'm just tired of so much negativity about our coaches etc...see Porter posts lately, and now it's the freaking media guide. I know it's opinions and that's your right, but this is mine and I bleed orange and blue!!

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

It's a media guide for goodness sakes! Why do we need to look for ways to down Auburn football and especially our coach. Sorry guys but I'm just tired of so much negativity about our coaches etc...see Porter posts lately, and now it's the freaking media guide. I know it's opinions and that's your right, but this is mine and I bleed orange and blue!!

Nobody is looking for ways. But this was a nicely thrown alley-oop lobbed to us -- we are merely just finishing the play.

I mean just look at it lol

I certainly did not like it, but I don't know if it is enough to criticize our graphics department.  For me at least, this is the first time they missed the mark.  Every other year with the graphics they do, and the videos they publish, top notch.  They can have this mulligan.  I did like Ole Miss' and South Carolina's though.  I am also glad to see we are the last team to talk at SEC media days.  Last year we were in the first day and I lost interest in the other days after.  Hey, from what everyone is saying, winning the SEC media cover might be the only thing Ole Miss wins this year...

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Gus' big ole head is the thing that makes it bad.  Off balance, bad composition, out of scale.  Throw a couple more players on there and it's at least benign, but decent.

and, as always, he looks like he's trying to keep a big loggerhead from taking a peek.

. Auburn should hire me. I don't have a degree in graphic design, but I could do a job that actually wows people. This is ridiculous. Gus looks like he's trying to hold back a laugh.

12 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

. Auburn should hire me. I don't have a degree in graphic design, but I could do a job that actually wows people. This is ridiculous. Gus looks like he's trying to hold back a shart.

FIFY

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I agree. If the media guide is the worst thing we have to worry about this season I think we've got it made.:wareagle:

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

lolol @ the mizzou cover. I thought that was a joke making fun of their actual cover. Looks like a damn instructional manual for something.

:laugh:

Archived