Remaining 12 Spots

NorthGATiger

Just now, ellitor said:

Catching up is not the issue at DT. It being an overall bad DT class is the issue. No need taking guys you don't think can play SEC ball.

On OL we aren't far behind 4 right now. We have 2, lead with Wonnum, are in a much better spot with Trey Hill than most think., And can probably circle back to get Tank Jenkins if we need to.

This. Coynis is the only DT that can play SEC ball we are in picture for and we will get him imo even though he says UF leads. We are definitely in alot better spot for Trey Hill than people think.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Tindall I wouldn't give up on him just yet. We are in 2nd but USC East Def leading. Now if they have a bad year we could benefit. He is from Twill high school. Twill is an elite recruiter we know that.

Ross is so overrated but did have a purpose for our WR group in providing the jump all.  Picking up Pickins for next year really helps that area.  The second thing on Ross is he's considered the states top prospect and we need to get some of those.

Martin will be a loss because he's at the top of the board for our coaches at running back especially for Chip from what I understand.  

Whats crazy is it was thought we were the leaders for all of the states Top 5 early on... (exception Jack West)

Ross, JAD, Miller, Joiner, Martin/Williams

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Whats crazy is it was thought we were the leaders for all of the states Top 5 early on... (exception Jack West)

We weren't thought to lead for Williams til recently. Also was not early leader for Martin because he was bothered we didn't offer him sooner than we did.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

The second thing on Ross is he's considered the states top prospect and we need to get some of those.

IMO that's no reason to take a player. Given the high attrition rates at every school now-a-days we need to get player who we feel can play & stay, not because of recruiting site rankings.

4 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

"We need need 6 linebackers in this class."

-Mikey

No, three to four solid LB prospects EVERY year will do nicely. Apparently Steele has stopped the folly of us signing one or two a year.

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, three to four solid LB prospects EVERY year will do nicely. Apparently Steele has stopped the folly of us signing one or two a year.

We should start a linebacker academy together.

I know this is like 2nd or 3rd level speculation, but who do we pick up IF Fields chooses Auburn?  Anyone not on the list?  I know that is beyond 'sketchy', but Fields is unique and may draw someone (like Peirce as stated above).  

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Ross is so overrated but did have a purpose for our WR group in providing the jump all.  Picking up Pickins for next year really helps that area.  The second thing on Ross is he's considered the states top prospect and we need to get some of those.

Martin will be a loss because he's at the top of the board for our coaches at running back especially for Chip from what I understand.  

JAD is what hurts the most coach!!! I was sooooooooooo ready to land a big time corner in enemy territory in mobile but of course alabama can play catch up in crutin better than anyone. They came OUT OF NOOOOWHERE to grab him. We really screwed up big leads we have had the last 2 classes at st pauls with ryan johnson and JAD.

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

JAD is what hurts the most coach!!! I was sooooooooooo ready to land a big time corner in enemy territory in mobile but of course alabama can play catch up in crutin better than anyone. They came OUT OF NOOOOWHERE to grab him. We really screwed up big leads we have had the last 2 classes at st pauls with ryan johnson and JAD.

Yeah, I wasn't happy about losing JAD, especially to the dark side. 

But landing Monday along with KM will ease the pain considerably. 

21 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yeah, I wasn't happy about losing JAD, especially to the dark side. 

But landing Monday along with KM will ease the pain considerably. 

Agree. I would take a KM for JAD trade if that's how things played out.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Agree. I would take a KM for JAD trade if that's how things played out.

If we woop clemson like me should because we owe them I say the hay will be in the barn!

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I know this is like 2nd or 3rd level speculation, but who do we pick up IF Fields chooses Auburn?  Anyone not on the list?  I know that is beyond 'sketchy', but Fields is unique and may draw someone (like Peirce as stated above).  

None are a given but it would increase our chances with Pierce and may help with Ross. That's about it.

In my thinking if we get Fields a lot of the offensive recruiting will take care of itself.

As for defensive lineman I harken back to the Dye years when we had DL's running out of our ears. Maybe those days will come back.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think we get 5-7 from that list FWIW

Fields
Wonnum
Kyler
Jibunor
Coynis
Seth
Trey Hill

I would take those 7 today and call it quits.

On 8/20/2017 at 3:12 PM, Mikey said:

You catch everything I put your name in. 

23 hours ago, milehighfan said:

In my thinking if we get Fields a lot of the offensive recruiting will take care of itself.

As for defensive lineman I harken back to the Dye years when we had DL's running out of our ears. Maybe those days will come back.

That was a fun time to be in school. You knew we might not win every game but we were sure gonna physically beat the ?out of whoever we played on a given Saturday.

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

You catch everything I put your name in. 

lol @Mikey has a 6th sense, he sees all. The old man can prolly still shoot a bumble bee with a bb gun. :yes:

1 hour ago, fredst said:

That was a fun time to be in school. You knew we might not win every game but we were sure gonna physically beat the ?out of whoever we played on a given Saturday.

A lot of D-ball running through the veins back then.  We were bigger and stronger then everyone we played

Mine as of now.

JF

TH

DW

SW

CM

KM

RJ

AM

of those I am not very confident just saying we lead or have great shot as of now Asa KM. With KM I would put it 50/50 as of now maybe 55/45 AU. Asa could be playing us or might change his mind before Thursday. With a bad season or bad showing on offense remove JF TH. Also wouldn't write off CT to usc east just yet. Quay Walker is another name to keep in mind. 

2 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

lol @Mikey has a 6th sense, he sees all. The old man can prolly still shoot a bumble bee with a bb gun. :yes:

Haven't tried that lately. I do kill flying wasps with a baseball bat every now and then. Just to keep in shape in case the Cards need a pinch hitter. :)

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Mine as of now.

JF

TH

DW

SW

CM

KM

RJ

AM

of those I am not very confident just saying we lead or have great shot as of now Asa KM. With KM I would put it 50/50 as of now maybe 55/45 AU. Asa could be playing us or might change his mind before Thursday. With a bad season or bad showing on offense remove JF TH. Also wouldn't write off CT to usc east just yet. Quay Walker is another name to keep in mind. 

You might want to use last names. Even I don't know 2 of the abbreviations. DW & CM?

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

A lot of D-ball running through the veins back then.  We were bigger and stronger then everyone we played

Reminds me of Bammer now. They are physically imposing enough that I have to believe an organized strategy of "supplements" is in place. And, not deer antler, lol. Anyway, back to the topic. If the 8 mentioned by 23 somehow all ended up AU we would be in great shape for a top 5 class you would think.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

You might want to use last names. Even I don't know 2 of the abbreviations. DW & CM?

Don't know about DW, but CM is probably Coynis Miller.

Archived