*** Nick Marshall Appreciation Thread***

GwillMac6

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Chris Todd?

Cam Newton..but that was with Gus as OC not HC+OC

Though i would agree that Todd and White have found limited success under Gus. 

26 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Cam Newton..but that was with Gus as OC not HC+OC

Though i would agree that Todd and White have found limited success under Gus. 

I'd have taken Chris Todd on Saturday... or all of last year compared to Sean White. That's just me though.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Chris Todd?

the stats are very misleading with chris todd. he is very overrated. struggled with sec teams. 16 of his 22 tds came in non sec play.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Again not saying the guy didn't make plays, but you can blame the defense all you want.   Marshal missed a throw in the championship game that would have been a sure touchdown.  It wasn't the defense that lost the championship game, it was special teams.    Period!!!   The throw in the Mississippi state game was money.   Again he was a good player for AU, but I think there are plenty with his talent that AU doesn't seem to recruit.   This isn't a knock on marshal, it's a knock on Gus.   

Gus is the reason why Auburn lost in 2013.  The wacky game plan is reminiscent of the inept game plans Gus keeps calling. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

He made clutch play after clutch play. Yes we were a few plays away from a worse record but that's the thing -- he made plays when it counted. People forget the big clutch plays he had vs TAMU, Miss St, and even vs Bama -- remove the kick 6 and he still made an amazing play running to his left carrying the ball in his left hand on a RPO and switches hands right before crossing the LOS and hits Coates for a TD to tie the game. If our defense wasn't historically bad he might have a statue outside of JHS. No exaggeration. 

Without thinking very hard about it he may be the most clutch QB we've had.

I agree with this.  I have no answers why the zone Read disappeared in 2014.  Gus cost Nick a Heisman.  He was electric and when he took off was a threat to score anytime from anywhere on the field. 

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the stats are very misleading with chris todd. he is very overrated. struggled with sec teams. 16 of his 22 tds came in non sec play.

Hmmmmm, somewhat foreshadowing don't you think?

Archived