Men vs. Clemson

WarTiger

13 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Everyone should be laughing at us.. everyone was laughing at UVA.. (I was) .. point being.. we gave them every reason to laugh. We looked awful in the opening round and barely pulled that one out .. didn't look any better tonight and got blown out of not only the building.. but the state.. didn't matter who were playing.. any other team left in the tourney would have done this to us. 

Odd, I was at a bar over in the Domain when that game ended. Nobody was laughing at UVA, people were talking about what a great story it was that the UMBC pulled it off. It has been a tournament of upsets so far, the competition gaps are closing.

Hardly anyone will even remember this game this time next year.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

Odd, I was at a bar over in the Domain when that game ended. Nobody was laughing at UVA, people were talking about what a great story it was that the UMBC pulled it off. It has been a tournament of upsets so far, the competition gaps are closing.

Hardly anyone will even remember this game this time next year.

I couldn't even tell you who won the tournament last year.

I hope this team will realize the good they did this season and nothing can take this away from them. Tough way to end a great season. I hope Bruce will bring in some additional talent and make believers of all the naysayers asap come 2019 season.

WDE!

I really enjoyed watching this team this year. Congratulations on the season. Thank you for the good run. War Eagle, AUBB!

6 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

also, besides Colin Sexton were there any other players playing in the tourney that were mentioned in the FBI investigation that were on the take? and how did Sexton get to remain on the team?

Mostly because Chuck P was caught on tape talking about giving money to the families of two AU players.....whereas, .some like Sexton was only a line item on an expense report but some other players were suspended and coaches were fired...including a bama coach.    AU was not the only school impacted by the investigation.  If you want to know, more there is plenty on line. 

I am curious as to how Clemson will do the next time around. Who knows. I do not think we are nearly as bad as tonight nor is CLemson as nearly as good!

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have no clue what his obsession to trash us is other than he was flat out wrong with the whole cam investigation. He is a Louisville guy. He has no ties to the sec. His obsession is embarrassing honest and very unprofessional. IDK what we did but a lot of the national media hates us. Like what a random school for them to have ***********. (mod edit: Not appropriate here)We are the sweetest loveliest village on the plains.

They probably get nice hits and follows from Alabama fans that benefit them. Alabama fans love them some anti-Auburn as much as they like reading about their team. They have a frickin huge fanbase.

Wow that clip of Brown is just awful. Sulk city Bryce was supposed to be a thing of the past! CMON!!!! 

As they said, this is one of the youngest teams in basketball this season.  Everyone will be back, and they have this experience to learn and grow from.

1 minute ago, rexbo said:

As they said, this is one of the youngest teams in basketball this season.  Everyone will be back, and they have this experience to learn and grow from.

I like to believe that their youth is what ultimately hurt them as the season winded down. That and the injuries to Mclemore and Brown. 

Congrats on a great season! Our 8 players could only win the SEC and 1 NCAA tourney game. Unfortunately, like the football team, they ran out of gas. But, also like the football team, they were AWESOME up until then! War Eagle!

Bruce pearl did wonders with this team . If we are honest with ourselves , this team was nowhere as good as their record show. Not physical enough , not defensive minded and too inconsistent offensively . Nevertheless, we made the tourney . That is a huge jump from expectations and the team deserves applauding for that. Now they see that the tourney is a whole different beast.

Not goons go back and see who but anyone who thinks this team faded for any other reason than being short handed and playing their asses off for 4 months is an idiot and needs to be banned for a while. This team did WONDERS for AU and fought the whole season. I’m disappointed for these guys but not even a little disappointed in them. 

And $&@# Tony Barbee. 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bruce pearl did wonders with this team . If we are honest with ourselves , this team was nowhere as good as their record show. Not physical enough , not defensive minded and too inconsistent offensively . Nevertheless, we made the tourney . That is a huge jump from expectations and the team deserves applauding for that. Now they see that the tourney is a whole different beast.

All true. I’m not even surprised with this performance. I never said it here but we weren’t as good as we played much of the season. I’ll take it again next year. It was fun. 

2nd youngest roster in the nation learning on the fly what the tournament is about this weekend and came away with a win. This was great progress

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Mostly because Chuck P was caught on tape talking about giving money to the families of two AU players.....whereas, .some like Sexton was only a line item on an expense report but some other players were suspended and coaches were fired...including a bama coach.    AU was not the only school impacted by the investigation.  If you want to know, more there is plenty on line. 

Thanks... I knew basic details about the other programs was just curious about the players situations. 

3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

This video legitimately made me furious. What the hell?

He was waiting on the ball to come to him and instead someone drove into the pack and turned it over....can't blame him for being upset but that was no way to react.  Typical of the game where it was all one on one play by our guys.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

He was waiting on the ball to come to him and instead someone drove into the pack and turned it over....can't blame him for being upset but that was no way to react.  Typical of the game where it was all one on one play by our guys.

Yes, I get that, but he was barely walking while watching an easy two. Cmon, man. 

Rewatching it again only made me rage even harder. That was disgusting.

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I mean, I guess it’s good that we’re actually disappointed. Given that we’re actually playing in March anyway. 

No kidding, I'm not sure how to react. Oh wait, it's #FireGus!

Well, that was very hard to watch. Can't be too tough on this team as no one expected us to have the season that we did. Hopefully, this will be a huge learning experience for everyone on the team and coach. Every since Mac went down our shooting has been pretty bad. I kept wishing and hoping that once we saw that our 3 point shooting wasn't working that we'd drive the ball more. I didn't care to see us keep jacking up 3s. That's my only big gripe with this team is that when our 3 point shot isn't working...drive the ball more. 

To think that this team would've been amazing with the 2 bigs we were missing this season in a wide-open tournament is a tough pill to swallow. I don't know our recruiting situation with basketball but it sure would be nice to get another ball handler to held out Harper and a big that could at least steal a few minutes rebounding and playing defense. All in all....proud of the team. With a couple adjustments, i think we could have another good upcoming season. 

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

If you have watched this tourney and the way the other teams have played.. we look really bad in comparison. If we are not the worst looking team in the entire field, then we are second.  

I told my brother this after the Charleston game. Charleston had like over 20 turnovers and still almost won that game. If we don't hit our 3s then that's pretty much it for us. We don't even attempt to drive the ball when our shot isn't falling. At some point you have to try something else. Just seem like over the last few weeks, if we were not playing at home we just lost our "swag" that gave us success during the season. Hopefully this will be a big learning experience for everyone.

Archived