Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

10 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I read a few times where certain players that weren’t playing had attitude issues.  If parents were involved, then that’s seems to suggest that the info was even more likely. If we had a coach that was also running his mouth to the media, then they should have been fired immediately! Did said snake coach sabotage a certain issue? But since most on this board know more about the team, I’m sure that all will forgive the snake and blame someone that fits their agenda! 

It is a known fact that Gus not only micro managed but that he took it to another level.  Gus decided who would play from the position groups with zero input from the other coaches.  Basically our offensive coaches were just there to put on a headset and some Under Armour Swag.  How can anyone be shocked with 85 scholarship players and one coach not delegating anything. 

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see it both ways. Either way it reads to me that the family does not trust Auburn's staff to have their son's best interest at heart. With that and the frustrations mentioned on the rundown and mentioned here, I'd be surprised if Asa is here next year

9 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

After watching Martin's extended playing time against Liberty University, it appeared to me that his body was not physically ready to play SEC football. 

He needs to spend more time in the weight room; build up his body and get in better shape.

Sounds like a great redshirt candidate. Oh...nevermind 🙄

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

That only confuses me further.  :laugh:

Hah! Yeah, I definitely remain very unclear on what happened. But what I discerned is that Chip took the redshirt off and told Martin as much, and that some other staffer tried to put it back on him after it was too late. 

100% conjecture on my part, but if I had to guess, that other staffer was Horton. 

Lack of preparation, lack of attention to detail, lack of a plan and vision, knowledge of each and everyone's duties and responsibilities. All things that Auburn does not have.

These are questions leadership should be asking the head coach as to why we do not have this.

4 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Lack of preparation, lack of attention to detail, lack of a plan and vision, knowledge of each and everyone's duties and responsibilities. All things that Auburn does not have.

These are questions leadership should be asking the head coach as to why we do not have this.

There is no leadership at AU right now. Everyone wants the president to be fired. The athletic director is new and MIA. And Gus is a lame duck coach who should have been fired. 

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It appears it was Chip that botched the redshirt?  Am I reading that right?  If so, and if Chip was the one who leaked information to Marcelo, but it was for the best of Chip moved on.  For everyone’s sake.  

Did someone hack your account, abw0004?  This is the first time I remember you saying a derogatory word about one of our coaches (even though he is not one of our coaches now).  Hope all is well. Concerned. 

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did someone hack your account, abw0004?  This is the first time I remember you saying a derogatory word about one of our coaches (even though he is not one of our coaches now).  Hope all is well. Concerned. 

Key phrase there!  I don't have any ill-will against him, if it was interpreted that way though.  To me, if he was the one who did not keep track of redshirts closely, and also was leaking negative information to Marcello, he doesn't want to be here and should not be here.  I'm not sure you can pin this on Gus of the redshirt issue.  There is no way Gus can keep track of all of that for 80+ guys.  That should go to the offensive staff who deal with Asa directly.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Key phrase there!  

Well, dang. I was gonna bust ABW's chops but he snatched the rug out from under me. Well played!

26 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I would transfer and petition the NCAA for reinstatement if the redshirt.  

Rule is pretty clear. Transferring is an option if you want to sit out another year. Doesn't make much sense. Hate that it happened to the kid but don't think transferring and giving up 2 years of eligibility is the answer.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Key phrase there!  I don't have any ill-will against him, if it was interpreted that way though.  To me, if he was the one who did not keep track of redshirts closely, and also was leaking negative information to Marcello, he doesn't want to be here and should not be here.  I'm not sure you can pin this on Gus of the redshirt issue.  There is no way Gus can keep track of all of that for 80+ guys.  That should go to the offensive staff who deal with Asa directly.

By all accounts, this was brought up weeks ago, sometime after the MSU game, and is being rehashed by al.com. The “Chip leaking negative information” is a leap in logic. Marcello doesn’t need anybody to leak info, he is just rehashing dirt.  Chip didn’t want to be here for a while now.  I give him credit not going public with his issues.  A real professional.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, dang. I was gonna bust ABW's chops but he snatched the rug out from under me. Well played!

I'm too quick for you!  I'm like a Cheetah.

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

After watching Martin's extended playing time against Liberty University, it appeared to me that his body was not physically ready to play SEC football. 

He needs to spend more time in the weight room; build up his body and get in better shape.

Looks like he needs a

Redshirt

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I'm too quick for you!  I'm like a Cheetah.

tenor.gif

Pure gif brilliance...

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Pure gif brilliance...

This forum needed to lighten up a little anyways.  The gem in the gif is the gazelles face.  

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This forum needed to lighten up a little anyways.  The gem in the gif is the gazelles face.  

You want the forum to lighten up...................................getting rid of bird would be a start

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You want the forum to lighten up...................................getting rid of bird would be a start

The Sixers already tried that. 

DownrightSeriousCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

One of my daughters did a project on cheetahs last year, 3rd grade.

She got a REAL KICK out of this gif.

I like the gazelle but I love the cheetah's face almost matches once he realizes he missed.  Love it!

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I like the gazelle but I love the cheetah's face almost matches once he realizes he missed.  Love it!

Gus in the third quarter.  

26 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Looks like he broke his neck too. 

Archived