Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

Just announced his transfer.  He could have been great in a year or two.  This is 100% on the coaches and lack of processes to stay on top of things.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everybody saw this coming. I hate it for the young man and I hate it for Auburn. His situation was not handled well at all and he is making a smart decision. 

I do think there are reasons that he did not play that have nothing to do with his skill set, but he should have been redshirted. Oh well. 

And I Agree that Gus should have been fired weeks ago. Not going to happen now. 

Yeah its just BS reporting. The staff can count to 4. 

THIS in itself should make it where we can get out of the buyout. Gross negligence at its finest. 

But hey!!! Gus brings in more talent than any other Auburn coach right?

What a joke. And for EVERYONE of you who defended this crap or said we are only hearing one side and its probably not true... Choke on this. Pathetic. Every single one of you who flat out called Asa's mom a liar, hope you are proud of yourselves. 

Maybe this is proof someone on staff can't count to 4, but hey, let's keep everyone of them right?!?

13 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Reason number 572 to fire Gus now... 

talent wise, the best back we have, just needed time in the weight room....well, at least he can get to the NFL,ala rock thomas, someday..............unacceptable

Another inept move by a dysfunctional coaching staff, causes another transfer. They say Gus micro-manages, and he can't even manage his own roster. I will be so glad when this coach is gone from Auburn.

jackass.gif

6 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

UAB would be cool,   Why do I think he lands at TN though?

I bet he goes to UGA. And runs all over us in a couple years. That's where I'd go if I were him. UGA or Bama. I'd go somewhere that I could play Auburn every single season, and I'd make my game vs Auburn career games each time. 

I would make them see how they screwed up with the way they handled my freshman year

• WarTiger changed the title to Asa Martin (update transferring)

The hits just keep on coming. Great job Gus since we are so deep at RB and put all of our chips in Cain’s basket. I don’t think Bryant was the answer at QB, but if he asked Stidham for advice I can only image what that exchange was like if honest and open. 

It’s incredible at the ineptitude of this staff. You lose talent like that because first off you can’t count to four correctly and second you BS and say he’s part of the game plan in the second half of the season. #NotMyCoach 

Gus can't recruit SEC-caliber backs!

There goes Gus wasting SEC-caliber potential!

It's like flavor of the day with this board...

For those to listen to the Auburnsports rundown, the next episode could be a classic. Bryan Matthews may have a stroke.

I wonder if there is any language in the contract about gross incompetence or conduct detrimental to the future of our student athletes?  I think we could make a case.  

Archived