Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If Bo wins, it is because he beat JG flat out. 

You suggest if Bo wins while being able to showcase his strengths while Gatewood has his legs tied together is beating him "flat out" then I would hate to see how you would describe an actual competition where it's go out and everything is evenly matched.

If you do not think Gus knows what Joey brings to the table live then I don't know what to say.

Now we get back to potential vs actual results. How do you KNOW that Gus KNOWS? From one drive against an embarrassed overmatched opponent who had their backups to their backups in the game? Gatewood has the potential but no one KNOWS because they haven't gone live at least in the scrimmages. 

He already knows what he has in both guys from an athleticism and running ability standpoint from the first live scrimmage

See above 👆and if you think Gus or ANYONE for that matter KNOWS what he has in either QB after even 2 scrimmages when neither were "live" I don't know what to tell you. 

For goodness sake Nix was playing 6A football just up the road from me this time last year. How you can suggest anyone KNOWS what Nix can do running the ball on SEC defenses is just beyond me.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DAG said:

JS has never been naturally gifted at navigated in the pocket. He still had glimpses of that in his preseason game but he is getting better. I saw Bo doing this during the A day game. 

I truly believe Bo will be one the greatest Auburn QBs of all time. Not saying that’ll happen quickly but the sky is the limit for this kid. I think I posted this video in the QB thread but if you haven’t watched it you should 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You suggest if Bo wins while being able to showcase his strengths while Gatewood has his legs tied together is No beating him "flat out" then I would hate to see how you would describe an actual competition where it's go out and everything is evenly matched.

This could just as easily be a handicap to Bo. To utilize latter portion of your responses, nobody knows what we have in either. So if that is true, this is either a handicap to both QBs, or an advantage to both QBs

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

in honor of all the little fires poping up...........

My man! Love seeing Whiskey Myers getting some mentions around here! :cheers:

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Without a doubt oh what a wonderful time to be a Mod

Do your damn job, man!

9 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I truly believe Bo will be one the greatest Auburn QBs of all time. Not saying that’ll happen quickly but the sky is the limit for this kid. I think I posted this video in the QB thread but if you haven’t watched it you should 

That is a lot of praise to be heaped. I hope you are correct but prodigy? We will have to see! 

29 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not disputing when the Offense got rolling. I am just stating that is speculation to suggest that it was "because Gus didn't know how to use Cam". There are many contributing factors to the success of the Offense.

From October of 2010.

https://www.al.com/sports/2010/10/with_no_tackling_in_practice_a.html

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Do your damn job, man!

I could start with you...........................that would help me get prepared for the season. So in 3-2-1

hydrogen bomb explosion GIF

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I could start with you...........................that would help me get prepared for the season. So in 3-2-1

hydrogen bomb explosion GIF

Put me on the viper ban huh? SMH 

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Without a doubt oh what a wonderful time to be a Mod

The back and forwardth today has mostly been civil, informative and a gem. Talking about the good ole days, the Braves,  favorite overpriced alcohol, and the weather isn’t what makes this place great. Your dissenters should be on payroll. 

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not going to lie that is a really good find . Pretty much kills the live practice argument.

And supports You, @aujeff11, @cole256, @Auburn2Eugene arguments . So I definitely concede that in Gus’s instance maybe it would be a lot better to see both of them. I am almost baffled at that. 

Edit: I think my only hope is he got enough evidence in the spring live practices where as with Cam he never went live. 

42 minutes ago, Tiger said:

IIRC, the "bomb or screen and nothing in between" passing O has been a staple of our O since Gus became our HC it is not limited to the last 2 seasons

Yes that is correct, however the last two seasons feature the most pass attempts by a QB since Gus became our HC. Also, the passing yardage being heavily screen is unlike the previous years as pointed out by StatTiger. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The back and forwardth today has mostly been civil, informative and a gem. Talking about the good ole days, the Braves,  favorite overpriced alcohol, and the weather isn’t what makes this place great. Your dissenters should be on payroll. 

Probably because there is minimum input from the “Wolfpack.” 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not going to lie that is a really good find . Pretty much kills the live practice argument.

And supports You, @aujeff11, @cole256 arguments . So I definitely concede that in Gus’s instance maybe it would be a lot better to see both of them. I am almost baffled at that. 

Edit: I think my only hope is he got enough evidence in the spring live practices where as with Cam he never went live. 

Your edit is the key here. They’ve seen them live, why risk injury by making them go live in camp. Malzahn would get tons of flak if JG or Bo got hurt in a live scenario.

Just now, DAG said:

Probably because there is minimum input from the “Wolfpack.” 

Wolfpack never makes it un civil. We usually do not take anything too seriously and just post GIFs back and forth messing around. When have you ever seen any of us be un civil? 

Just now, BigWhiskey91 said:

Your edit is the key here. They’ve seen them live, why risk injury by making them go live in camp. Malzahn would get tons of flak if JG or Bo got hurt in a live scenario.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

That's more along the lines of what my argument is. He has seen them live. I know you don't want to get someone hurt, but I do get it.

Correct. This is where I am willing to give the benefit of a doubt. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Wolfpack never makes it un civil. We usually do not take anything too seriously and just post GIFs back and forth messing around. When have you ever seen any of us be un civil? 

YOU! do that. But when you guys get together, you do rile up the masses to get on Gus, even if you are in the right. You definitely can't deny that. Of course when it gets out of control, y'all do throw gifs to lighten the mood. 

Archived