LED lights

eagle12

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well lets just say the girls especially the Cuban girls would say amor when I stepped on the dance floor

Lol, I believe you Tony. I can tell by the way you use your walk you’re a woman’s man with no time to talk

On 10/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, gr82be said:

I don't get the light show but if it's the way things are trending then okay. Is it to offset the extra dead time that is increasing due to more TV timeouts, play reviews and challenges? Just wondering why money is spent on things like this. It wouldn't make a difference for me but I guess some will like it. 

I don't like it........I want to watch football.......light shows are fine if its Pink Floyd😂

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Lol, I believe you Tony. I can tell by the way you use your walk you’re a woman’s man with no time to talk

Music loud and women warm.................its OK you can look the other way

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Music loud and women warm.................its OK you can look the other way

One more and I’ll stop: BeeGees one of the more under appreciated music groups ever because of disco backlash. Very talented guys

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

One more and I’ll stop: BeeGees one of the more under appreciated music groups ever because of disco backlash. Very talented guys

Funny, I hated disco until I met my wife in the mid-90's.  Now, I love me some disco & funk!  KC & The Sunshine Band kicks serious donkey!

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

We could focus a few "misaligned" lights at the opponent's coaches booth. I'm just saying, sometimes lights act up...

I'm hearing the guy who used to do the pre game sound back in 2010 for bama is now the lighting control tech. I can see a slip up during live play coming against LSU in a few weeks.😁

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Funny, I hated disco until I met my wife in the mid-90's.  Now, I love me some disco & funk!  KC & The Sunshine Band kicks serious donkey!

I loved disco if you could dance.....................think girls girls girls

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I loved disco if you could dance.....................think girls girls girls

I hear ya'!

Unfortunately, my dance moves have a polarizing effect...

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I SO wish they'd go ahead and get a real, live elephant to run out on the field pre-game.

Then maybe a disgruntled AU or UT fan could feed the elephant ex-lax before a game and....well....you know....

giphy.gif

I'd pay good money to see that result.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Funk with slappin bass is still a winner in my book!  That is why I learned to play bass.

I just think there's such a disregard for people who could get seizures, migraines or have epilepsy. I dont have either but my flashing light tolerance isnt as good as it used to be, I really dont like the idea of them flashing EVERYWHERE in the stadium. At least at Auburn, its just the video board

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just think there's such a disregard for people who could get seizures, migraines or have epilepsy. I dont have either but my flashing light tolerance isnt as good as it used to be, I really dont like the idea of them flashing EVERYWHERE in the stadium. At least at Auburn, its just the video board

You don't have to do the whole disco thing but you can make a great light show out of them and overall they are cheaper in the long run.  You can be tasteful with them and do some amazing things.  I am not in favor of flashing just to flash but you can time them to music kind of like people do for xmas displays, etc...

8 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I vote NO to LEDs.  Our giant scoreboard and fake decibel meter is enough for me.  

Same here.........as for the rest of you get the hell off my lawn.......your leaving footie prints in my St.Augustine.😂

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This makes me curious how our eagle would react if JHS had a light show at times throughout the game. Could be crazy. 

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Agreed, I think it's cool when they make the stadium a color but when they have it going off like a light show it can be painful. Big reason I don't go to certain concerts is because I have an odd pupil that's off-center and doesn't dilate very fast making it sensitive to light changes leading to ridiculous headaches. Worst I ever had was going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal and some of the haunted houses I had to walk through with my eyes closed using the person in front of me like a seeing-eye-dog.

Anyways, I like the idea of LEDs so long as it doesn't look like a Daft Punk light show.  

Let the bammers have their strobe lights, we don't need them.

https://www.drugs.com/news/strobes-concerts-may-cause-epileptic-seizures-83115.html

Epilepsy triggered by flashing lights is called photosensitive epilepsy. The authors recommended that anyone at risk for a reaction to strobes should avoid electronic music festivals. If you do go, be sure to get enough sleep, don't take drugs and don't stand close to the stage. If you experience "aura" -- perceptual changes that often precede a seizure -- leave immediately.

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I hear ya'!

tenor.gif

Everybody's kung-fu fighting.  Those cats are fast as lightning.

17 hours ago, fredst said:

It's a little-known fact, but @augolf1716 was actually the inspiration for Barry Manilow's song Copacabana.

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I hear ya'!

tenor.gif

I was thinking you might look like this:

3ED31461-5BEB-4082-A737-E181F95FCF3B.gif

18 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

There's a killer disco tune on the new Sturgill Simpson album. Includes the lyric "I've got two severed heads in my bug-out bag." Highly recommend.

\m/

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There's a killer disco tune on the new Sturgill Simpson album. Includes the lyric "I've got two severed heads in my bug-out bag." Highly recommend.

\m/

There's a Donna Summer/Hot Stuff meets Gorillaz quality to it.  Nice recommendation! 

16 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

You don't have to do the whole disco thing but you can make a great light show out of them and overall they are cheaper in the long run.  You can be tasteful with them and do some amazing things.  I am not in favor of flashing just to flash but you can time them to music kind of like people do for xmas displays, etc...

All of this is fair but the cheaper part? I mean cmon lol. Unless Auburn intends on translating that to cheaper food or tickets, which I doubt, I dont really mind how much they have to pay for lights 

Archived