LED lights

eagle12

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

To the LED??

W W E. Redneck reality

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mind it.  I thought the entrance was pretty cool.  I might like it for the entrance and a few flashes after our scores.  Not during time outs or commercials.  As y'all know I am well over 50.  WDE!!

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Bama unis pretty much always look magenta at night games. Nothing new. Something to do with how their helmets reflect light I guess. Ive noticed it for years. The Magenta Ripple.

Bama's lids yes but not the jerseys. I read somewhere about the choice of lighting they used since now there's an option lol. Just not a good look, UT's white even had a blueish tint. Hopefully they'll get the right lighting down for Arky this weekend. 

3 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I'm not sold on LED lights yet. I've put a lot of them in different applications, and I just don't think they'll give the life that people are paying for.

I've changed two in 4 years in my house and I've only bought the Home Depot brand.

As for our stadium, why not?

No wonder Saban was pissed about day games.. The boosters were mad that they couldn't see the Righteous Gemstones perform right there in Tuscalooser.

Like I have said in a previous thread concerning this.

Auburn will 100% go LED at some point unless a better, cheaper, and more efficient light is invented.

The only question is when. Before Mississippi State does or after?

3 hours ago, Glen from West Glenn Ave said:

I can just see the lights "malfunctioning" on an opponents long pass play or fielding a punt.

Yep. Or on a long FG attempt. Bank on it. 

It looked like bammer's kicker was still trying to warm up during that show. Wonder if all the flickering messed him up? Did I hear he had a rough night?

9 hours ago, aubfaninga said:

Like I have said in a previous thread concerning this.

Auburn will 100% go LED at some point unless a better, cheaper, and more efficient light is invented.

The only question is when. Before Mississippi State does or after?

You're not wrong. Having said that, the promised long life of LEDs is not being delivered in spades. About to replace yet another one in my business after 1.5 years. I wonder if they will really net out cheaper?

13 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Yep. Or on a long FG attempt. Bank on it. 

It looked like bammer's kicker was still trying to warm up during that show. Wonder if all the flickering messed him up? Did I hear he had a rough night?

Those Bama kicker rough nights precede the light show by several years though

And I love it

22 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

You're not wrong. Having said that, the promised long life of LEDs is not being delivered in spades. About to replace yet another one in my business after 1.5 years. I wonder if they will really net out cheaper?

From my professional experience, over a 6 yr period I've seen a 14-16% reduction in electric charges in 3 office buildings consisting with 275,000 SF of leaseable space in each building. 

We had a slow progression to retrofit these buildings to all LED and 2 bldgs are now fully LED with 3 yrs of expenses to compare electrical charges.  So I've seen the overall electric charges reduce significantly as well as electrical supplies.  Over an extended period of time, LED is definitely more cost efficient.

Here's an idea.  We should turn off the stadium lights and spotlight our players running out to the field as the announcer on the PA overhypes their intros.  Maybe play a cool song in the background like Sirius by Alan Parsons Project. Bet it would be really cool.

8 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Here's an idea.  We should turn off the stadium lights and spotlight our players running out to the field as the announcer on the PA overhypes their intros.  Maybe play a cool song in the background like Sirius by Alan Parsons Project. Bet it would be really cool.

And the legend of the 188 lb defensive back who picked his jersey number in honor of his dad's favorite NBA player comes full circle.

"....RO-ger

....Muh-CREEEEEEAAAAAARAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!"

*crowd goes nuts*

Not a fan at all but if this is what is needed to recruit then we will add it. We already have the coolest pregame and postgame traditions. It they want to add the seizure lights in blue then go for it. Kids will love it. 

Just go full strobe lights when we are on defense and the other teams are kicking FGs/PATs

We can call it tradition like Miss State does with cowbells. Tradition has to start sometime, right? Why not 2020?

Archived