Dillingham to FSU

McLoofus

35 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

Small detail, but would like to see whoever is hired (chad) have the title Passing game coordinator along with OC/QBs/OL etc. Would show Gus is making an emphasis on expanding the passing game 

A lot of justified conversation about the OL, but Kodi could use some help, too. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

A lot of justified conversation about the OL, but Kodi could use some help, too. 

What help could Kodi use?  He can't make the kids catch the ball.  He works on their route running but he can't change the route tree of the O.  Seems like he is pretty much doing best he can with what he has

15 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Morris, Luke - pipe dreams. 

Why is Morris a pipe dream? Dude is close friends to Gus and Gus trusts him. 

I feel like dilly and norvell just played us.  Norvell waited for his Opportunity job and dilly got in the home of all the big time recruits and schools in advance.......lol

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

What help could Kodi use?  He can't make the kids catch the ball.  He works on their route running but he can't change the route tree of the O.  Seems like he is pretty much doing best he can with what he has

Well, that's one kind of help he might be able to use.

But also, I've seen some pretty talented kids do things other than drop catchable passes and properly run bad routes that might have been addressed by better positional coaching. Could be wrong. 

20 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I feel like dilly and norvell just played us.  Norvell waited for his Opportunity job and dilly got in the home of all the big time recruits and schools in advance.......lol

Maybe? I mean you still have to sell Tallahassee FL to these recruits, and really I think Norvell getting the bump to Power 5 hurts us in recruiting than Kenny D making a lateral move to a nearby school.

That said, my dad had a great thought (and may not be completely crazy) why Morris and Luke as Co-OCs? They both carried the Co-Tag and their previous coordinator stints.

If we could pull that off cruit'n would be off the chain for a year or two!

1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

I'm wondering  if it were more Dilly being loyal to Norvell or Dilly wanting to get away from Gus.

Who knows. Gus gave Dilly a great opportunity, so I would imagine that he has been very grateful to Gus. That said, he likely has a better relationship with Norvell and more freedom to execute his own ideas on the offense. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd say go after Matt Luke.  He was Co-OC under Freeze.  Then retire Grimes and let Luke be the OL coach.

Hey, you stole my thunder. :laugh:

priority #1 needs to be getting Matt Luke to command our OL. If it takes the OC title to get him then so be it bc we all know that Gus is calling the shots. Go hire an up and coming QB coach, like Joe Craddock.

The biggest void on our team and staff is at OL!

2 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

I'm wondering  if it were more Dilly being loyal to Norvell or Dilly wanting to get away from Gus.

Or Malzahn saw that Chad Morris was available and pushed Dilly out to get a guy he preferred. Surely you don't think that Dilly is better than CM, right?

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

This. It would be pointless because Gus already said he's not giving up play calling. Unless we used Chad like a passing coordinator (similar to LSU's strat)

That could work, ensminger calls theplays at LSU

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Chad is my hope

If it was him do you think Gus would relinquish play calling again? Legitimate question.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

If it was him do you think Gus would relinquish play calling again? Legitimate question.

Nope.....and I don's see why he should …. Lots of people have input on game plan and play design but on game day, it's gotta be one guy...JMO

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Big news if Chad Morris does come. Gus would actually be more open to adapting his offense. 

That was supposed to be the case with Chip.

26 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

No

So....    How does hiring Morris help our O line? 

Wasn't that a game-time and recruiting weakness at Arky?  

I'd really like to see a top notch line coach.  

17 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

or it could be Gus nudging him out if he knows Morris would accept the position if offered....

We will never know.

Just! FIX! IT! That is all. 

download.jpeg

Archived