Does it bother Gus to lose?

TigerOne

23 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I would love to hear Morris's honest assessment of the train wreck we saw yesterday?

Didn't hear what Steele had to say, usually he shoots straight without coach bs mumbo jumbo.

I know Stan White and Jason Campbell offer plenty of insight but can't say what they really want to. The frustration in their broadcast is hard to hide.

Add Ronnie Brown to that list. These are all offensive ex-players, and they know when they see an offense that can't adjust or play with the big boys now. It is bad they work for the AU network, and that definitely stymies there true analysis. White seems to give the most negative feedback, but he is the most experienced of all of them. Campbell and Brown are just trying to start their careers  here.

We will never hear Morris' assessment. Was Steele not allowed to talk or will he talk any this week? It seems bowl games, everyone packs up and media access is over.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I would love to hear Morris's honest assessment of the train wreck we saw yesterday?

Didn't hear what Steele had to say, usually he shoots straight without coach bs mumbo jumbo.

I know Stan White and Jason Campbell offer plenty of insight but can't say what they really want to. The frustration in their broadcast is hard to hide.

Morris caused catastrophic train wrecks for two seasons with the Hogs under his watch, the worst record in school history under his watch.  I wouldn't trust his assessment.  I don't if remembers what a functioning an productive offense looks like any more.

Watching the press conference, I question if his heartbeat was ever above 60.  Seems like a guy content to draw a paycheck, etc.  Wasn't able to watch the broadcast because I was at the game, but as a Tampa native, I'm ok if we never come to the Outback bowl for a while.  It really frustrates me to watch how predictable the playcalling was in the stadium.

Just now, keesler said:

Morris caused catastrophic train wrecks for two seasons with the Hogs under his watch, the worst record in school history under his watch.  I wouldn't trust his assessment.  I don't if remembers what a functioning an productive offense looks like any more.

im going to give Morris a mulligan with his stint at Ark. Bielsma had a totally different offensive philosopy, and recruited that way. Morris, may not have been the quick fix they wanted, and he definitely was not competitive, but giving him less than 2 years is tough. And it looked like he never had an SEC type QB to rely on.

And him being here. Will we actually every know if his influence in the offense will be noticed? Have we noticed any of the OCs playcalling since Gus has been there. I will give him this coming year, since we will have most of all of our skill players back. The play calling in the passing game will be easy to evaluate and see if it has changed.

I'm sure it does bother him to lose.

But bottom line, when you would draw over $20M...FOR BEING FIRED...where the heck is your incentive?

I busted my ass in the work force for .009% of what he steals from Auburn, because if I didn't perform to my bosses' satisfaction, I'd be fired....with no golden parachute....and a wife & 2 small children to support.  I had MAJOR incentive.

So whether it bothers him or not, it sure don't scare him.

35 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I will give him this coming year, since we will have most of all of our skill players back

With almost none of either of the lines. So... it's going to be difficult for those skill players to excel... not saying it wont happen but I dont see anyone coming close to replacing 3 much less 5....and the OT position is scary next season. 

The frustration is just gonna buildng and building until someone has enough backbone to fire Gus Malzahn. But If no one does, the headache will continue for years to come.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The frustration is just gonna buildng and building until someone has enough backbone to fire Gus Malzahn. But If no one does, the headache will continue for years to come.

Its been there off and on now for the last 5 years(2017 seems like a blip). 

It's all about the money. Can't be any other reason. Beating Alabama can't be his saving grace anymore.

Ofc, we don't know how Greene or the Men in the High Castle see Gus' resume. Maybe they don't care how a meaningless bowl game plays into it, when it only affects wins and losses.

But if they are geared to thinking about playing for championships, then they will take care of business after 2020, regardless of the buyout. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No way we have an equal D with the guys we lose on the line. No way, our line becomes a dominant one replacing 4 starters regardless of how well they performed. The backups evidently weren't good enough to replace them. 

Do the JC OL come in and help out immediately? But how many of them will be here in the spring? One? 

And even if Bo improves...is he limited again by the offense schemes and passing options Gus creates and calls for him?

I almost think Steele asks not to do interviews because he tells it like it is, and it pains him to hide the honesty about what his defense is being put through every game. He was also raised to respect those above himself and don’t say things publicly that would contradict your boss. Can’t say anything nice ... So he just doesn’t do interviews. JMO of course. 

There has to be staff changes coming.?

Does Gus wake up and think

”Dang I did a good job for the bowl game. Yeah we lost but I believe my excuses, tough schedule, freshman Qb , bright future no doubt.

Lets go see what’s on ME TV!”

Steele stays because of retirement system in Alabama I suppose.

8 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Soooo...the addition of coach Morris indicates Malzahn was satisfied with status quo?

The man said  in the presserwhen asked about the offense this year that it was "solid".

You just ignored that little tidbit but thats not surprising.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I almost think Steele asks not to do interviews because he tells it like it is, and it pains him to hide the honesty about what his defense is being put through every game. He was also raised to respect those above himself and don’t say things publicly that would contradict your boss. Can’t say anything nice ... So he just doesn’t do interviews. JMO of course. 

The D sucked in this game and the Bama game so don't make out like KS is superman.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

The D sucked in this game and the Bama game so don't make out like KS is superman.

Is he super man? No but 2 defensive scores, several stops where the D and ST gave us good field position against Bama. Let’s not act like we ran all over then either. Short fields and we were efficient in putting the ball in the end zone. This O having to drive the “normal field” has been a disaster all year.

10 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I did not hear the pc after game, but it was discussed on 24/7 that Marcello asked GM about the errattic performance of the offense in the last two years, and he responded that the offense had been "solid".....Oh well

Offense has scored an average of  ~22 points per game against teams with a winning record this year and it's solid? I wonder how Gus figures that

Does it bother Gus?  Yes. Enough?  Definitely not. But the most important fact is that does not matter.  I believe him incapable of changing, and even if he could, he does not actually comprehend how or what to change.  That is a tough position when you believe you are always the smartest person in the room.  Anyone that would play 3 quarterbacks in the same series, as he did a couple of years ago, should not coach at Auburn. 

On 1/2/2020 at 8:27 AM, TigerOne said:

Especially in this fashion and often? I mean yeah I'm sure he wants to win but if we don't it's, Oh well, we will get better next time.

Does he look at his record and results in big games?  Does anyone talk to him about it?

There doesn't seem to be any change or corrections. The early game plan yesterday was to get the ball to Schwartz and he would use his speed to outrun Minnesota's size. Only problem after the scripted plays and the unexpected interception and muffed kickoff, everything went out the window.

Most of the bowl games this season, Auburn has flopped bigger than anyone, except maybe Mississippi St.

Does Gus realize what's going on outside of his world? All of Auburn's TD's were unusual, Kickoff return, busted play, Nix running for his life, and a drive extended due to pass interference.

He said Minnesota shortened the game by running down the play clock, well Auburn shortened in more by going 3 and out and not having any offense at all.

Does Gus look back and think what we are doing does not work, I need to do something different. C'mon man!

You just described a alarmingly way to high segment/group of our fan base. Our fans being so nice is a blessing and a curse. Opposing fan bases say we by far are the best, nicest and most hospitable and welcoming fans. But this is also what I call the Ole Miss syndrome. Where you care more about things surrounding the game than actually winning the game. I do not think some of our fans have a killer instinct and a high desire to win. They do not demand excellence and demand consist winning results.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You just described a alarmingly way to high segment/group of our fan base. Our fans being so nice is a blessing and a curse. Opposing fan bases say we by far are the best, nicest and most hospitable and welcoming fans. But this is also what I call the Ole Miss syndrome. Where you care more about things surrounding the game than actually winning the game. I do not think a lot of our fans have a killer instinct and a high desire to win. They do not demand excellence and demand consist winning results.

To that segment I say...

giphy-241.gif

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

To that segment I say...

giphy-241.gif

HAHAHAHA LOVE THIS BRO!!!!!!!! SO SO ACCURATE!!!  Great movie too!!! RIP Herman Boone. I remember seeing he died recently.

Gus is not a looser. If you think about it he is the ultimate winner. That ass clown gets to draw a multi million dollar paycheck for sub-par performance and there is absolutely nothing the Auburn Man or Woman can do about it. Could you do that on your job? Hell no. I just want to know who in the Auburn family looked into the mirror and " Yes this is a good idea lets lock ourselves into a multi million dollar payout to this Employee who can half ass do his job collect money from our faithful students tuition and loyal donating alum and better yet if we want to get rid of him we have to pay him to leave." Man did they make a great decision.

If you can look in the mirror and say yes i would follow this guy into battle while he represents the entire Auburn family well then all i can say is nice knowing you.

have a nice day.

Gus doesn't see it as losing.

He sees this as a failure of lesser beings to comprehend his celestial system. If only they understood and comprehended correctly, they could conquer the world.

He WILL get through to this next group. He just knows it.

6 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

He sees this as a failure of lesser beings to comprehend his celestial system. If only they understood and comprehended correctly, they could conquer the world.

Many a truth is said in jest. :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Until Daddy takes the T-bird away...

Archived