Biden's mental decline

bigbird

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m not a Trump supporter at all. But there is a difference in personality disorders (which I believe Trump has many) and cognitive decline which will eventually effect most of us. Starting in our late 70s perhaps. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not concerned at all.  Biden has always made gaffes.  I still believe, when given time to really think about his answers and responses, that he's quite competent.  One thing we forget is that Biden has had to overcome a stutter throughout his life.  Having a stutter can often lead one to push out  certain words because they can't get the intended one out.  It's something that I've been trying to pay attention to when listening to him speak.

And as others have said, I have zero doubt that Biden will appoint appropriate, smart people to posts surrounding his potential administration.  Part of my issue with Trump is the people he's surrounded himself with in positions of high influence.  That bothers me as much as the man himself.

29 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not concerned at all.  Biden has always made gaffes.  I still believe, when given time to really think about his answers and responses, that he's quite competent.  One thing we forget is that Biden has had to overcome a stutter throughout his life.  Having a stutter can often lead one to push out  certain words because they can't get the intended one out.  It's something that I've been trying to pay attention to when listening to him speak.

And as others have said, I have zero doubt that Biden will appoint appropriate, smart people to posts surrounding his potential administration.  Part of my issue with Trump is the people he's surrounded himself with in positions of high influence.  That bothers me as much as the man himself.

But Dr. Ben Carson is a doctor!

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not a Trump supporter at all. But there is a difference in personality disorders (which I believe Trump has many) and cognitive decline which will eventually effect most of us. Starting in our late 70s perhaps. 

Or early 70s. There’s ample evidence to suggest both men have declined to some degree. Most folks do. The question is the impact.

Things the media would trash Trump for and call him a dictator/authoritarian for $1000 Alex:

Detroit — Joe Biden had a heated exchange with a construction worker who accused him of trying to take Americans' guns away during a campaign stop in Michigan, one of six states holding primaries on Tuesday. 

The former vice president was touring an assembly plant under construction for Fiat Chrysler, shaking hands with and praising the electrical workers union members who are building the plant. As Biden was working the room, one man confronted him about his stance on gun ownership.

"You are actively trying to end our Second Amendment right and take away our guns," the worker told Biden.

Biden replied: "You're full of sh**." 

"I support the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment — just like right now, if you yelled 'fire,' that's not free speech," Biden continued. "And from the very beginning — I have a shotgun, I have a 20-gauge, a 12-gauge. My sons hunt. Guess what? You're not allowed to own any weapon. I'm not taking your gun away at all."

The man repeated his accusation that Biden was "trying to take our guns," and Biden pushed back. "I did not say that. I did not say that." 

After the worker told him that he had made the remark in "a viral video," the former vice president replied that "it's a viral video like the other ones they're putting out that are simply a lie."

"This is not OK, alright?" the man said, to which Biden replied, "Don't tell me that, pal, or I'm going to go out and slap you in the face."

"You're working for me, man!" the worker said.

"I'm not working for you," Biden said. "Don't be such a horse's ass."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-accused-of-wanting-to-end-2nd-amendment-responds-youre-full-of-s***/

21 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

MAGAs would eat it up.

Good to know that Biden's actions are Trump and MAGA's faults.  Because damn accountability of your side because the media bitching about Trump 24/7 isn't good enough for you. Just shows how empty and disingenuous all the Trump shitposts are. 

Just look at this thread. Can't post 1 critical thing of Biden because then mountains of anti-Trump posts must be made because we can't talk about anyone else because all things must revolve around how bad Trump is.

32 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

MAGAs would eat it up.

FOX went after Obama but good grief they didn't trash Obama voters 24/7 like the media have done since 2016.

35 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

MAGAs would eat it up.

We get it,  you don't like anyone that agrees with even ONE thing Trump has done and that makes them MAGA's to you but could you explain how I'm wrong about the media taking sides?

You got what you wanted. It's easier to trash Trump 24/7 than it is to actually be critical of your side. Your side wants to control this damn forum and anything not bashing Trump 24/7 just isn't good enough for you.

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The only difference between Biden's gaffes and Trump's word salads is the former are generally limited while the latter go on and on and on:

"Wow. Amazing. Amazing, thank you. So exciting. Do you notice what's missing tonight? Teleprompters! [APPLAUSE] No teleprompters. We don't want teleprompters. That would be so much easier: We read a speech for 45 minutes, everybody falls asleep listening to the same old stuff, the same old lies. So much easier. So, you know, I have a little debate coming up on Wednesday. [APPLAUSE] I hear my... let's call them opponents. Can I call them opponents? We're allowed to do that, right? You know, New York was very nice to you people last night, you know that, right? [LAUGHTER] Did they hand you that game? [APPLAUSE] They handed it! I said, I am going to have the friendliest audience -- sit down -- I am going to have the friendliest audience. So I wasn't sure, was I happy or was I sad? But Jerry Jones is a great guy, and he deserves everything he gets, frankly. [APPLAUSE] And you know, another great guy is Mark Cuban. [APPLAUSE] And I think, you know, he's been talking about maybe doing this himself. And I think he'd do a great job. We don't have the exact same feelings about where we're going, but that's okay. But Mark was great. You know, he called me, like, literally a few days ago, and he said, "You know, if you want to use the arena" -- which by the way is a beautiful arena [APPLAUSE] this a great arena -- and Dirk is a fantastic player [APPLAUSE] he's just a wonderful player -- and the Mavericks have been fantastic and it's just a great team -- but he said, "You know, if you want to use the arena." And I said, "Mark, when?" He said "How 'bout Monday night?" It's like, that was like in four days. And you had a big holiday in between. And he said, "They really like you in Dallas, they really like you in Texas, maybe you can get a lot of people." [APPLAUSE] Because we were coming here, and we thought maybe we'd get a thousand people, but we never get a thousand anymore, it's always, like, the same thing. You know, we went to Alabama. We started off with a 500-person ballroom. And after about two minutes -- look at all these guys -- paparazzi, look at this [LAUGHTER] we've got everybody here. We started off, by the way, with a 500-person ballroom, and after about two minutes the hotel called up begging for mercy. "We can't do it!" They were inundated, so we went to the convention center, and that was 10,000 and that was wiped out in about an hour. So we went to a stadium, we had 31,000  people, which is by far the largest, they say, like, ever, for an early primary, and that's probably true.[APPLAUSE]"

Um, what?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/15/an-amazing-donald-trump-word-salad/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JOE KERNEN: Do I dare-- one last question.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Go ahead.

JOE KERNEN: Entitlements ever be on your plate?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: At some point they will be. We have tremendous growth. We’re going to have tremendous growth. This next year I-- it’ll be toward the end of the year. The growth is going to be incredible. And at the right time, we will take a look at that. You know, that’s actually the easiest of all things, if you look, cause it’s such a--

JOE KERNEN: If you’re willing--

PRESIDENT TRUMP: --big percentage.

JOE KERNEN: --to do some of the things that you said you wouldn’t do in the past, though, in terms of Medicare--

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, we’re going-- we’re going look. We also have-- assets that we’ve never had. I mean we’ve never had growth like this. We never had a consumer that was taking in, through-- different means, over $10,000 a family. We never had the kind of-- the kind of things that we have. Look, our country is the hottest in the world. We have the hottest economy in the world. We have the best unemployment numbers we’ve ever had. African American, Asian American. Hispanics are doing so incredibly. Best they’ve ever done. Black. Best they’ve ever done. African American. The numbers are incredible. The poverty numbers. The unemployment and the employment. There’s-- there is a difference, actually. But the unemployment and employment numbers for African Americans are the best we’ve ever had. You know, we just-- came up with a chart, and it was a very important to number to me. African American youth has the highest, by far, unemployment. The best unemployment numbers that they’ve ever had. And the best employment numbers. Right now we have almost 160 million people working in the United States, and we’ve never even been close to that, Joe."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/1/22/1913280/-Through-seven-layer-word-salad-Trump-appears-to-say-he-s-willing-to-go-after-entitlements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's his "windmill" speech. This is what it sounds like when you combine lifelong malignant narcissism with a less-than-stellar understanding of the world and sit it down in the Oval Office.

"I never understood wind. I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?"

Soak it in, everybody.

"So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right spewing, whether it is China or Germany, is going into the air".

A man with a clearly decreasing ability to deal with the world around him is standing in front of a crowd of conspicuously well-aged students and explaining Science. This is how America ends: not with a bang, but with a puppet show.

"A windmill will kill many bald eagles. After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?"
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/12/23/1907525/-Trump-rails-against-windmills-again-in-dementia-laced-psychosis-laced-tirade

29 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

We get it,  you don't like anyone that agrees with even ONE thing Trump has done and that makes them MAGA's to you but could you explain how I'm wrong about the media taking sides?

You got what you wanted. It's easier to trash Trump 24/7 than it is to actually be critical of your side. Your side wants to control this damn forum and anything not bashing Trump 24/7 just isn't good enough for you.

David, is that you?  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Good to know that Biden's actions are Trump and MAGA's faults.  Because damn accountability of your side because the media bitching about Trump 24/7 isn't good enough for you. Just shows how empty and disingenuous all the Trump shitposts are. 

Just look at this thread. Can't post 1 critical thing of Biden because then mountains of anti-Trump posts must be made because we can't talk about anyone else because all things must revolve around how bad Trump is.

Lol. You brought Trump into it yourself with the goofy video post.

But yes, when the most powerful media whore in the world constantly puts himself front and center with incessant dumbass tweeting and regularly scheduled trainwreck pressers and his army of snowflake supporters are always right there to do things like whine about how much Trump would be crucified for something that Biden said, his name has a way of popping up in most conversations about politics in general. Especially those about the upcoming presidential election.

Why single out a person of color?

On 3/9/2020 at 5:08 PM, bigbird said:

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/09/it-was-democrats-and-their-media-allies-who-impugned-bidens-cognitive-fitness-yet-now-feign-outrage/

If you read it, listen to all of the clips too.

Is this a real issue and if so, is it a real concern to others?

Bird,

When I consider all the times I have misspoken, and when I think about how much time these candidates are filmed, I don't hold it against them when they make "gaffes".  And I'm kinda tired of the pettiness and the "gotcha" mentality of the media when they catch them in a "gaffe". 

I don't need Biden's "gaffes" to convince me to never vote for him.  I don't like his stand on virtually every topic.  There is no way I would vote for either him or Sanders.

It is beyond me why the Democrats and the media paid all the attention to the nut jobs and never gave Tulsi Gabbard a chance.  She's the only Democrat that I might have considered.  It's also beyond me why the Republicans did not allow a reasonable challenger to Trump in the primaries.  I think there are a few that could have gotten the nomination over Trump.

Sigh....Oh well.  I guess I have no other option than to vote for Trump.  I don't like the man.  He is a symptom (not the cause) of all the division.  But I like his policies.  So...for lack of a better choice....

4 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

What a stupid post. I have no idea how old you are, but I’m concerned with the clear indication of mental decline.

2 hours ago, countoff said:

Bird,

When I consider all the times I have misspoken, and when I think about how much time these candidates are filmed, I don't hold it against them when they make "gaffes".  And I'm kinda tired of the pettiness and the "gotcha" mentality of the media when they catch them in a "gaffe". 

I don't need Biden's "gaffes" to convince me to never vote for him.  I don't like his stand on virtually every topic.  There is no way I would vote for either him or Sanders.

It is beyond me why the Democrats and the media paid all the attention to the nut jobs and never gave Tulsi Gabbard a chance.  She's the only Democrat that I might have considered.  It's also beyond me why the Republicans did not allow a reasonable challenger to Trump in the primaries.  I think there are a few that could have gotten the nomination over Trump.

Sigh....Oh well.  I guess I have no other option than to vote for Trump.  I don't like the man.  He is a symptom (not the cause) of all the division.  But I like his policies.  So...for lack of a better choice....

She should run as a Trump Republican. 

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure the incessant need to bring Trump into this thread. No one has supported him or defended him here. There is a valid question about Biden. Discuss that and stop deflecting.

😂😂😂 Another “I’m not supporting Trump” post from Bird!

I bet you’re still deeply concerned about Hillary’s mental health, too.

2 hours ago, countoff said:

Bird,

Sigh....Oh well.  I guess I have no other option than to vote for Trump.  I don't like the man.  He is a symptom (not the cause) of all the division.  But I like his policies.  So...for lack of a better choice...

Imagine calling people nut jobs and then saying you're going to vote for Trump in the same breath.

Y'all crazy.

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Imagine calling people nut jobs and then saying you're going to vote for Trump in the same breath.

Y'all crazy.

Clearly the media, social media, and vicious political personalities has made the office of the President of the United States a completely miserable position not only for the person in the office, but also for their friends and family.  It's ironic that the attributes (smart, good leader, charismatic, etc.) which would make for a truly qualified president are also the same attributes that make this person realize that they  wouldn't be caught dead in the job.  We have created an atmosphere where only "nut jobs" want to run for president.

But Trump is the nut job that pushes strong economic policies, tries to protect our border, doesn't let the media push him around,  resists ridiculous politically correct lip service, and doesn't promote giveaway programs that don't make any mathematical sense.   

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

😂😂😂 Another “I’m not supporting Trump” post from Bird!

I bet you’re still deeply concerned about Hillary’s mental health, too.

Been a few weeks but it was due. How you were able to infer Trump support from that post is beyond laughable. However, since that's one of your go-tos, besides calling memebers "liars", please, again, point out my Trump support. Just quote a single post. Just one. 

As far as Clinton, why would I? Has she decided to run?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Been a few weeks but it was due. Please, again, point out my Trump support. Just quote a single post. Just one. 

As far as Clinton, why would I? Has she decided to run?

Trump starts a messaging campaign, you volunteer. Like clockwork. Gonna start calling you Eric.

What's it called when one attacks the source or member rather than the message? 

Waiting, as usual... Just one, Tex. It should be relatively easy.

Predictable is predictable is predictable.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's it called when one attacks the source or member rather than the message? 

Waiting, as usual... Just one, Tex. It should be relatively easy.

Predictable is predictable is predictable.

Ok, Eric. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/10/trump-biden-clinton-age-senile-124797

Archived