Jordan Rodgers Breakdown of Offense

Brad_ATX

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hell, Brahms didn't even look at him. Inexplicable

I think the most telling thing from this video is that Gus obviously doesn’t allow them to look elsewhere. The play is called and there is no option for the OL or QB to make adjustments because the coaches are not allowing it. That is inexcusable in my book.  Until the qb and center are allowed to run the show and call and make adjustments to protection etc.. the same ole $hit show will unfold every week. Pathetic really. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I think the most telling thing from this video is that Gus obviously doesn’t allow them to look elsewhere. The play is called and there is no option for the OL or QB to make adjustments because the coaches are not allowing it. That is inexcusable in my book.  Until the qb and center are allowed to run the show and call and make adjustments to protection etc.. the same ole $hit show will unfold every week. Pathetic really. 

Look to the sidelines for the giant flash cards, that's all they've need to run the offense.  Chad's no different.

It wasn't just o line?!?! Who knew? Can't tell me I don't know I'm talking about when it comes to football it just sucks that the thing holding Bo back the most as far as making a step forward is Gus. Our o line is horrible but we could do things to help like put players in the position to succeeded.

I 😂 at him saying Schwarz should run a different route. Nope he's our speed guy so he will run a fade and NEVER develop as a WR and waste that 4.18 speed and not play NFL ball. 

If we keep it 💯 I don't see how you could let your kid play for auburn on offense if you're anything besides a hb or o lineman

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It wasn't just o line?!?! Who knew? Can't tell me I don't know I'm talking about when it comes to football it just sucks that the thing holding Bo back the most as far as making a step forward is Gus. Our o line is horrible but we could do things to help like put players in the position to succeeded.

I 😂 at him saying Schwarz should run a different route. Nope he's our speed guy so he will run a fade and NEVER develop as a WR and waste that 4.18 speed and not play NFL ball. 

If we keep it 💯 I don't see how you could let your kid play for auburn on offense if you're anything besides a hb or o lineman

Totally agree except Schwartz will get to play in the NFL. He'll just get screwed out of that early round rookie contract money like Slayton did. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agree except Schwartz will get to play in the NFL. He'll just get screwed out of that early round rookie contract money like Slayton did. 

As long as he doesn't mess up during his 40. All of the wr said it when they made it to the NFL.....we've never seen this stuff before.  Not being taught, but we equate a drop in a game to being coached or not here on the board.....and coaching isn't even hard you just rep them over and over doing a route tree. Thing is though you have to let them be able to run all the routes!!! 

There's no reason that Schwarz couldn't do everything douglass did for bama except he probably can't go up and get it like him......but like you said that's first round and guaranteed 3 years as opposed to free agent and too many bad days good bye!

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Thing is though you have to let them be able to run all the routes!!! 

I really thought that was going to change. I thought from the first game we were headed there. But I thought that after the last two season openers, too. 

Schwartz could be Jaylen Waddle. I feel so bad for him that we conned him into coming here like all the rest.

Man, I can't believe we're already talking about all this again.

We are paying 7 million for this . This offense is disgusted and busted . Nobody has a clue and that was just one dang play. It’s becoming clearing Gus and anyone in his circle just aren’t astute in the specifics..

it’s also becoming clearer to me that a lot of CM success was due to Dabo , as Clemson never seems to miss a beat despite the OC turnover. 

5 hours ago, alexava said:

My biggest concern was the fact nobody blocked or attempted to block the linebacker. This should be elementary. The routes.......

This is my biggest concern watching this particular play too. However, Rogers and all of us really don’t know who is at fault here. Was it really pre-called protection from the sidelines that can’t be changed by the center or QB? I highly doubt it, but I don’t know. Was it just a mental mistake by our center or QB? Did someone check into the proper coverage and the center miss the call? We just don’t know from where we sit. 

The fact is gents that our offense is stuck in a system of premediated outcomes. It literally explains all of the poor play of the last 8 years. There is an inability of trust and flexibility left outside of Gus calling the plays. The play is the play. There are no audibles.

We've all danced around it, but this is the truth. The way to win is by impowering the QB to make informed decisions based on the defensive setup, but that isn't happening right now.

I just want to make sure everybody understands how pathetic it is that we have the problems we have and our coach is an offensive guy. I could even handle it better if he was a defensive guy. 

You just watched the guy in the video show you that our center and qb didn't identify the ONLY guy that could be blitzing in that formation because they aren't used to analyzing because they don't have any say in the plays they run........think about that. 

It’s coaching. Our WR coach is apparently a great guy, everyone loves him, good recruiter, AU to the core.....which is great. but we continue to run the most predictable, high school routes. And the OL coach is just not up to the task.   It’s just Mickey Mouse, period. Our athleticism allows us to win against lesser competition. But  for gods sake, the record versus LSU/GA/Bama speaks volumes. We just need to make major changes. As to the question “who could we get?” the answer has become “any aggressive up-and-comer”.  Really need an overhaul. Just clearly a coaching problem. Obvious and clear-as-day. 

2 hours ago, Scottie said:

The fact is gents that our offense is stuck in a system of premediated outcomes. It literally explains all of the poor play of the last 8 years. There is an inability of trust and flexibility left outside of Gus calling the plays. The play is the play. There are no audibles.

We've all danced around it, but this is the truth. The way to win is by impowering the QB to make informed decisions based on the defensive setup, but that isn't happening right now.

How do you know Nix can’t check out of a play or call our protection based on the defense he sees? 

7 hours ago, AuMarine said:

How do you know the center or QB isn’t allowed to make adjustments to protection, etc.? 

54 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

How do you know the center or QB isn’t allowed to make adjustments to protection, etc.? 

According to Rodgers in the video ...  I was commenting on what he said and he said it was just one example of many. I believe our offense is just as Rodgers says.. if you do not believe it then we can agree to disagree. 

8 hours ago, AuMarine said:

According to Rodgers in the video ...  I was commenting on what he said and he said it was just one example of many. I believe our offense is just as Rodgers says.. if you do not believe it then we can agree to disagree. 

So neither you or Rodgers knows. I believe Rodgers is guessing and is guessing incorrectly. I have been told differently by someone much closer to the program than him. 

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

I just want to make sure everybody understands how pathetic it is that we have the problems we have and our coach is an offensive guy. I could even handle it better if he was a defensive guy. 

You just watched the guy in the video show you that our center and qb didn't identify the ONLY guy that could be blitzing in that formation because they aren't used to analyzing because they don't have any say in the plays they run........think about that. 

The problem is Rodgers is guessing this is the case and so are you. I’ve been told differently by someone much closer to the program than Rodgers. 

16 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

So neither you or Rodgers knows. I believe Rodgers is guessing and is guessing incorrectly. I have been told differently by someone much closer to the program than him. 

And you do not know either. You are going off what someone close to the program says? Ok. I am going listening to what an analyst breaking down a play has to say. I am also trusting my eyes. And what did this person say? Did he/she tell you that Brahms has total control to change the blocking schemes? Does Nix? Doesn’t look like it and if they do they both need to be on bench because neither one can read it. So there’s that. No one including analyst in the media believe that Nix has been given the full reins of the offense.. sure he can run the RPO and make those decisions but changing up blocking schemes and protections is totally different and given CGMs record with QBs and development, I find it hard to believe that Nix, Brahms or anyone else on that offense has any control with changing schemes. Like I said before.. agree to disagree. 

34 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

And you do not know either. You are going off what someone close to the program says? Ok. I am going listening to what an analyst breaking down a play has to say. I am also trusting my eyes. And what did this person say? Did he/she tell you that Brahms has total control to change the blocking schemes? Does Nix? Doesn’t look like it and if they do they both need to be on bench because neither one can read it. So there’s that. No one including analyst in the media believe that Nix has been given the full reins of the offense.. sure he can run the RPO and make those decisions but changing up blocking schemes and protections is totally different and given CGMs record with QBs and development, I find it hard to believe that Nix, Brahms or anyone else on that offense has any control with changing schemes. Like I said before.. agree to disagree. 

The difference is I am not criticizing anyone based on a guess. 

29 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

The difference is I am not criticizing anyone based on a guess. 

I call it as I see it... and the only thing that is new is the year. For 7 mil a year and what we get in return.. you are open for criticism all day 24/7..    you can believe what you hear and go with that.. your right. I can criticize what I see... my right. War Eagle. 

46 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I call it as I see it... and the only thing that is new is the year. For 7 mil a year and what we get in return.. you are open for criticism all day 24/7..    you can believe what you hear and go with that.. your right. I can criticize what I see... my right. War Eagle. 

But this specific criticism is not based on what you saw. It is based on what you guess you saw. And I can call out criticism that is based on a guess. You have no idea on this play if the protection was screwed up because of a coach or because of a mental mistake by a player or because someone may not have heard correctly the protection that was called. We all see there was a breakdown in protection, but none of us know why. Just say we had too many breakdowns in protection in the game and the coaches must get it corrected going forward if you want to be fair. 

I do agree we played poorly on both sides of the ball in Athens. But just criticism needs to be based on facts and not a guess. 

14 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

But this specific criticism is not based on what you saw. It is based on what you guess you saw. And I can call out criticism that is based on a guess. You have no idea on this play if the protection was screwed up because of a coach or because of a mental mistake by a player or because someone may not have heard correctly the protection that was called. We all see there was a breakdown in protection, but none of us know why. Just say we had too many breakdowns in protection in the game and the coaches must get it corrected going forward if you want to be fair. 

I do agree we played poorly on both sides of the ball in Athens. But just criticism needs to be based on facts and not a guess. 

You are correct. We have no way of knowing exactly who screwed up on this play. Jordan Rogers did say that there were other plays with similar outcomes. Jordan Rogers certainly knows more about how pass protection is handled on a specific play than probably anyone on this board. Surely you agree that Jordan Rogers' guess about the cause of the breakdown is better than your guess or my guess.

Archived