Bowl Season

shabby

Ignorant question but is there even going to a bowl season this year? Has anything been announces as to what bowl games will look like this year? 

Google is your friend!

I see Auburn getting the Florida bowl love at the moment.  Citrus, Outback, Gator etc. would be nice to sneak into a NY6 like a Peach or Sugar if that’s even how this works anymore?  I know Sugar is a playoff game this year.

Edit to add ESPN is projecting Wisconsin in the Outback.  Wonder if Wisconsin will even have a team by then?  They are canceling their 2nd game this weekend.

I'm not trying to be Eeyore when I say this but as a fan, bowl season just isn't the same as it was when I was younger, which I admit was a while lol. Playoff or I'm just not excited. I'll watch though. I'm happy for the players though regardless. I'm tired of playing Big 10 teams. 

I’m ready for the Vegas Bowl to start.  Hopefully Auburn can get stuck going to that one a couple times 😎

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I'm not trying to be Eeyore when I say this but as a fan, bowl season just isn't the same as it was when I was younger, which I admit was a while lol. Playoff or I'm just not excited. I'll watch though. I'm happy for the players though regardless. I'm tired of playing Big 10 teams. 

Bowl system needs serious restructuring. I'd rather the CFB committee pair each the of the teams outside the top 4 for games. 5 & 6, 7 & 8, etc. I would also like to see neutral sites eliminated outside the NY6 Bowls but each main sponsor still sponsor the game. It would be a great recruiting advantage to play host to a bowl game. Example, Auburn hosts Virginia Tech (or whoever) in the "Citrus Bowl" presented by Capital One and they throw their advertisements all over the stadium and field.

It's a stretch, but I would like to see more incentive to play and win these games. Hell, do a cash incentive and the winner gets 10K bonus for each player. Then you might see some better bowl games.

Personally, I love the bowl season. It's fun to watch those mid December bowl games against MAC and Sun Belt teams when the FCS playoff games are over. I will always take football over no football. Gambling is also involved too so that helps.

9 hours ago, shabby said:

Ignorant question but is there even going to a bowl season this year? Has anything been announces as to what bowl games will look like this year? 

Yes unfortunately we'll have to watch another Gus coached bowl game 

10 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Could be that you don't get excited over bowl games is because Gus Malzahn is 2-6 since being named head coach in 2013.

Yes.

On 11/3/2020 at 6:58 PM, gr82be said:

Many fans like to say the bowls aren't important any more. However, if Auburn loses one, it suddenly becomes a really big deal. (Check this board after last year's bowl loss) I like the bowls because I like college football. I like it when Auburn has a bowl game to play. I like it even better when AU wins!

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Many fans like to say the bowls aren't important any more. However, if Auburn loses one, it suddenly becomes a really big deal. (Check this board after last year's bowl loss) I like the bowls because I like college football. I like it when Auburn has a bowl game to play. I like it even better when AU wins!

Not many. there are few and between who actually say this on this board. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Agreed. Certainly not as a blanket statement.

I'll say this. Losing 5 bowl games in 7 years definitely matters, and it will matter more with every additional postseason loss. 

Winning a major bowl game against a real opponent would matter, too. 

Just depends on the situation. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. Certainly not as a blanket statement.

I'll say this. Losing 5 bowl games in 7 years definitely matters, and it will matter more with every additional postseason loss. 

Winning a major bowl game against a real opponent would matter, too. 

Just depends on the situation. 

Agrees. And there is a big difference between not mattering and significance. Any game that ends up in a win or loss, matters , or else why even play it. However , some bowl games are much more significant than others. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

They're important for the benefit it provides. Money, extra practice time, reward for players and another game to watch for the fans. I just don't get as thrilled by watching most bowls like I used to. I like watching Auburn bowls, just wish Gus would have more success. Don't know if it's the layoff or what but he hasn't had us prepared to beat teams that Auburn has no business losing to, and yet here he is at 2-6. 

13 hours ago, DAG said:

Just go back and look at the negative, sarcastic remarks in this one little thread.

Archived