2021 3* Buck George Wilson

Sizzle

Would be a great pickup is tall and thin very quick and athletic good enough to have mid-level BBall offers also. Would need to add mass and is from Virginia Beach which is becoming prime recruiting territory.  He is a 3* because of lack of mass but has great upside once in a serious weight program.

FWIW Auburn actually offered George back in October but Keith thinks he didn’t announce it until after he Decommitted from South Carolina out of respect to his commitment to South Carolina.

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Ummm, we’re not listed in his final 4 but they’re predicting him to Auburn? 

Its a secret.............................................

image.jpeg

Any chance if we were to sign him he would be an early enrollee as he could see some PT as a freshman if we could add some muscle mass to him this Winter. Without added weight he would probably need to Redshirt to add the weight.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any chance if we were to sign him he would be an early enrollee as he could see some PT as a freshman if we could add some muscle mass to him this Winter. Without added weight he would probably need to Redshirt to add the weight.

@AuburnNTexasit’s not being reported whether he’s an EE or not.

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 3* Buck George Wilson (Commit Watch: 12/17/20)***

Wilson names top 3, sets decision date

Wilson, a weakside defensive end/buck from Green Run in Virginia Beach, Va. who previously was committed to South Carolina, will choose Auburn, North Carolina or Florida State.

"Those are my top three," Wilson said. "I can't go wrong with any of them."

s4efdzvey9tpmyxkphup

Wilson, who is ranked the No. 15 overall recruit in Virginia, has reasons for having the three schools in his top group.

Auburn: "I talk to Coach Al (Pogue) and Coach (Kevin) Steele and I feel like I could fit right in at Auburn at the buck position. We watched a lot of film of the buck position and I feel like it would be a good fit for me. And the campus and everything at Auburn is amazing."

North Carolina: "A lot of people from my area go to North Carolina, so it would be like a second home. I also talk a lot with Coach (Jay) Bateman and Coach (Jovan) Dewitt."

Florida State: "Coach Odell (Haggins) has been there for a long time and has a lot of experience. We have watched film on (Brian) Burns in the NFL and I feel like I would fit in good there."

Wilson will announce his decision on Friday, Dec. 18.

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 3* Buck George Wilson (Commit Watch: 12/18/20)***
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like he is visiting this weekend based off the free beginning part of a 247 article.

18 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He will be ready to play in 3 years . Is he even 200lbs ? We have to get bigger on defense 

@JDUBB4AUNot sure where you are looking at or even if you have the right person but all 3 major recruiting sites have him at 214 or 215 lbs. Won't take him 3 years to be ready to play the Buck, not weight wise at least.

Screenshot_20201212-082611_Chrome.jpg

12 sacks as a senior. They'll definitely want to put mass on him. Not playing basketball will help him focus on bulking. It's not uncommon for a kid like this to put on about 15 pounds from the time they arrive and their first season starting. 

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* Buck George Wilson

Archived