Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He has a child that has a rare disease and the treatment hospital is on the west coast . He will probably never leave the west coast . Someone correct me if I am wrong 

You are not wrong. His child receives extremely great care at Washington, which has premier hospitals. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DAG said:

To me BN means we couldn’t get any of the power 5 coaches or coaches who have power 5 experience here. I think BN is a huge risk on the field. Just my opinion.

I feel like all of our candidates have some type of risk to them

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I agree with this.  Now whether that means the P5 coaches saying no to us or ruling them out due to baggage, I would think MC is and should be #1 choice to try to get.  Another surprise P5 if possible (Lane for example), then Napier for Elite recruiting and coaching pedigree. Then the backup options, then Steele lol. 

If you read his profile. He has lots of good experience , both high and low. He learned under Dabo and was fire by Dabo. NS seemed to really have a liking for this guy and kept him around quite a bit. He seemed to have learned from this tutelage and he has been rising ever since. Lots of potential...but I hate that word potential. 

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I feel like all of our candidates have some type of risk to them

Every single candidate as a risk. If you got Urban Meyer here, there would be a risk, but the types of risks is quite a bit different. 

Just now, DAG said:

If single candidate as a risk. If you got Urban Meyer here, there would be a risk, but the types of risks is quite a bit different. 

That’s fair for sure.

At this point, for AU, I think all of us are going to have to be okay with taking some type of risk and hope the people in charge know what they’re doing. 

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Our football might be no better than with Gus, but our troll game would be Championship Master level pure grade plutonium.

dont forget, Tenn almost had Gruden three years ago 😂

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

Cristobal can build a hell of an OL and recruit in the top 5. However, there are some dud performances.

Freeze is probably the better coach but not as good of a recruiter. Plus he has baggage that will scare off the holier than thou group. Plus, NCAA would audit us every year.

Wanted Sark to get some more discussion but I think all 3 are an upgrade. 

I agree with everything you said except add others that are not holier than thou may not want Freeze too. He is a good coach but, but, but, but, but...too many buts........Just too many potential issues to deal with.

I think Auburn needs a little risk to reach the highest reward.  Safe with no risk gets us 3rd place in West. 

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

yella fella is reportedly one of the guys that wants Stoops (Bob) not sure how much influence he has though

Appears not much. Freeze was his 1st want & it appears he's fading fast.

18 minutes ago, JJB74 said:

I don't understand the hype around Cristobal, those of you that want him please enlighten me

He  had 1 good year at Oregon...that's all.....he has a losing record.....

please tell me why he would be a great coach at Auburn

The worst compliment you can give someone is......"He has potential" which means he has done nothing yet.....

This. I will be happy with anyone not named Gus Malzahn(or Lashlee or Steele), but why is there so much love for Cristobal? Personally, I want Freeze and don't see another option that is close other than maybe Venables, who is still unproven as a HC. Gus Malzahn sucked the fun and the life out of cfb for me. Completely. If Freeze comes in and gets us the death penalty, that will be better than another year of the struggle bus and at least I can feel good knowing we went out doing whatever it took to win.

Dudes and Dudettes, if AU hires Kevin Steele, I'll see ya'll somewhere over the rainbow. Looks like a big possibility and I ain't making that up. Guys on JOX hearing it bigly. I just don't know what to say except JABA

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Appears not much. Freeze was his 1st want & it appears he's fading fast.

It appears to me the big money people, had no plan after all. 

1 minute ago, chizhead said:

Dudes and Dudettes, if AU hires Kevin Steele, I'll see ya'll somewhere over the rainbow. Looks like a big possibility and I ain't making that up. Guys on JOX hearing it bigly. I just don't know what to say except JABA

I seriously doubt KS will be the HC.

Coaching searches are supposed to be fun. That would be not fun at all. That would be literally the worst case outcome. I cannot believe even with hiring 5-19 how tone deaf they can be TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!! DO we ever freaking learn?!?!? It is scary this is even a remote possibility.

33 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Steele is the fallback candidate.  Auburn is JABA, but not that JABA.

I really wish people wouldn't make such statements. Inviting the biggest jinx of all jinxes.

I will give anyone they hire the benefit of the doubt, but if it crashes and burns, so will the program for many years.

I said this before if we didn’t have some top of the line coach ready to go we should not have let Gus go. Timing on this with early signing is terrible. If we get some avg. guy it will set us back two years and lots of $$$. We need this announcement today!!! Someone that is a Big Bang!!!

Embarrassing. Freaking embarrassing. The people in charge are not at all doing what is best for Auburn if this is the hire. Still the same good ol boy system. Who's brother works in the AD? Steele. For once don't hire someone you can control hire THE BEST POSSIBLE CANDIDATE!!! lawwwwwwwwd. We make way to hard than it needs to be.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Freeze is not coming folks. Way too much baggage and last thing we need is another NCAA investigation 

Yeah well people are saying KS is trending. That is silly AF for KS to be a possibility, while citing the baggage thing for Hugh Freeze to eliminate him. 

Supposedly Twill is telling recruits he will be here next year. I wouldn't expect him to say anything different right before signing day, but still concerning with this Steele is trending up news. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I seriously doubt KS will be the HC.

The same guys running this clown show hired a 5-19 coach. 9-36 coach is nothing to them.....

Archived