Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

6 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Dudes and Dudettes, if AU hires Kevin Steele, I'll see ya'll somewhere over the rainbow. Looks like a big possibility and I ain't making that up. Guys on JOX hearing it bigly. I just don't know what to say except JABA

Just shoot me now

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah well people are saying KS is trending. That is silly AF for KS to be a possibility, while citing the baggage thing for Hugh Freeze to eliminate him. 

KS will not be the head coach I don’t care what reporter says he’s trending 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Embarrassing. Freaking embarrassing. The people in charge are not at all doing what is best for Auburn if this is the hire. Still the same good ol boy system. Who's brother works in the AD? Steele. For once don't hire someone you can control hire THE BEST POSSIBLE CANDIDATE!!! lawwwwwwwwd. We make way to hard than it needs to be.

My (naïve) hope is that his name is being floated to lower our fanbase's expectation so that more people will get behind the other candidates when one of them is hired.  "Well at least they didn't hire Steele"

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

has personal reasons to remain there.

Not sure he does anymore. His son beat cancer & graduated high school a few years ago.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

The same guys running this clown show hired a 5-19 coach. 9-36 coach is nothing to them.....

I mean if this is true, I am pretty much done with all of this inside rumors and people talking about "real" leadership. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Now I see there was never any true plan. More so, power people juggling for reigns of influence. 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

KS will not be the head coach I don’t care what reporter says he’s trending 

I am holding out hope and in agreement at this point, but if he is...

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

It appears to me the big money people, had no plan after all. 

Their plan looks like Super Mario. Now we are just waiting to see if they succeed.

Steele would be just a different flavor of purgatory. I love Auburn, but that hire would underline very inept people controlling our football program and I would not be very interested in a future there.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

My (naïve) hope is that his name is being floated to lower our fanbase's expectation so that more people will get behind the other candidates when one of them is hired.  "Well at least they didn't hire Steele"

Then it has to be Napier. Which I AM TOTALLY FINE WITH. But they def have found the 1 candidate that would make me say I WISH WE WOULD OF JUST KEPT GUS. We are a clown show. A absolute clown show. The people running AU are clueless.

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Oh crap. JayG on rivals just said Steele is trending up as well. Hahahaha wth 

WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE. HELL. IS HAPPENING DUDEEEEEE? Auburn is about to make us eat our crow if this happens. I can’t believe this is even being discussed. 

Just now, ellitor said:

Their plan looks like Super Mario. Now we are just waiting to see if they succeed.

Honestly, Why are we waiting. Maybe I am wrong, but it was made to seem like Mario WANTED to be here and all it took was the firing of Gus for this to happen. Now, we are waiting..it just doesn't seem right. I would think a good gesture would've been made behind the scenes. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean if this is true, I am pretty much done with all of this inside rumors and people talking about "real" leadership. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Now I see there was never any true plan. More so, power people juggling for reigns of influence. 

If this is true, I think I am done with AU football. As hard as that will be, it will add many years to my life not having to deal with the stress. If the people in charge are not committed to excellence.....I can't follow this. I am sorry. Tell me I am not a true fan....I don't care honestly. I have been a die hard AU fan since I could say "War Eagle". I just do not see how I could support an institution that accepts and thrives for mediocrity. 

I do not want MC as our next HC. 51-56 record. 1 very good season with one of the best QB'S in the country. Got fired from FIU for God's sake. This is a JABA move in every sense of the word JABA. MC is overhyped because he falls under the "Saban tree"

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

don't hire someone you can control

Steele may be a JABA hire but I don't see anyone controlling him.

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are not wrong. His child receives extremely great care at Washington, which has premier hospitals. 

Thanks Dag. Hope your doing well . Peterson is one of the top five coaches in the country in my opinion. Brilliant coach 

Just now, tbone4jc said:

I do not want MC as our next HC. 51-56 record. 1 very good season with one of the best QB'S in the country. Got fired from FIU for God's sake. This is a JABA move in every sense of the word JABA. MC is overhyped because he falls under the "Saban tree"

Oh so you want Kevin Steele? Yah thought so..... 

3 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I just don't see firing gus with the huge buyout only to promote from within

If only AU was a logical place. It is not.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Then it has to be Napier. Which I AM TOTALLY FINE WITH. But they def have found the 1 candidate that would make me say I WISH WE WOULD OF JUST KEPT GUS. We are a clown show. A absolute clown show. The people running AU are clueless.

If that is what they are doing then it is absolutely working. Yesterday I would have been apathetic towards Napier. After hearing this Steele stuff I would be ecstatic. Willie Anderson’s tweet left much to be desired as well. How can Auburn be fudging this up this bad? If Steele has been the plan this whole time I don’t know what to say. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Steele may be a JABA hire but I don't see anyone controlling him.

I find that hard to believe as this is the definition of a good ole boy hire, if this is the case. 

Archived