2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

So, do we expect the silent flip to make an announcement within the next few days?

Good question. All inquiring minds would like to know.

In the rivals article (I know, I know) Hunter said he called the coaches the day he got the offer an committed. It has just been kept silent. That is a good sign for the staff and being able to relate and communicate with recruits. We expected to get him but he did have offers from MSU and Iowa. 

• Like 1

Excellent news about Hunter! We really needed a RB in this class or we were going to be having a giant hole in the roster in a couple of years. 

Has it been confirmed that the mystery flip is not Brooks?

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Excellent news about Hunter! We really needed a RB in this class or we were going to be having a giant hole in the roster in a couple of years. 

He’s not much of a mystery.

2 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

In the rivals article (I know, I know) Hunter said he called the coaches the day he got the offer an committed. It has just been kept silent. That is a good sign for the staff and being able to relate and communicate with recruits. We expected to get him but he did have offers from MSU and Iowa. 

For once Rivals is right (from what I've seen on the 247 board).

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Yes Keith said the flip is still in the works and it's neither Brooks nor Bridges (South Alabama flip)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

So, do we expect the silent flip to make an announcement within the next few days?

@PikesEagleNo clue & it may be a transfer instead of a high schooler.

With Brooks (all but a lock) and the ausie punter from last year we're at 20 players towards this year's limit.

5 more to go!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

With Brooks (all but a lock) and the ausie punter from last year we're at 20 players towards this year's limit.

5 more to go!

If we can get quality, great! If not, I'd just as soon use the remaining slots for early enrolees next year.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

If we can get quality, great! If not, I'd just as soon use the remaining slots for early enrolees next year.

I think we end up using them for transfers/JuCo guys based off what's been discussed.

It's likely we still consider bringing in a QB transfer, two OL transfers to push for starting time, and we still want another RB, plus we have interest in LB and DB depth from a transfer.

Short version, I think we fill all 5 with transfers.

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thanks for highlighting the extremes. This team is not full of 3 stars. We have one class where we had to plug in positions of need and those players are three stars. Big difference. People need to get a grip. Yet, if we find success with this group, they would be talking about how they knew it all along. 

Please quote/read my whole post if your going to repost it. If you had you’s know that with the small quote you posted I was referring to someone else’s post.

I totally agree with your point made here.

1 minute ago, Pat Fossum said:

Please quote/read my whole post if your going to repost it. If you had you’s know that with the small quote you posted I was referring to someone else’s post.

I totally agree with your point made here.

Umm I was agree with your point big guy smh 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Short version, I think we fill all 5 with transfers.

That will be great if we can get quality. I also think that with a year under their belts the new staff should be able to use all 25 plus the five extra in the '22 class. Either way is, ok. I just doubt that the quality we need to win will be available at this point in time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That will be great if we can get quality. I also think that with a year under their belts the new staff should be able to use all 25 plus the five extra in the '22 class. Either way is, ok. I just doubt that the quality we need to win will be available at this point in time.

Next year’s class will be loaded with big time players so it might not be a bad idea to save a couple.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Next year’s class will be loaded with big time players so it might not be a bad idea to save a couple.

Gotta take care of immediate needs 1st in the transfer portal if the staff finds talent they like & fits the culture for a couple OL, RB, CB, & LB.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gotta take care of immediate needs 1st in the transfer portal if the staff finds talent they like & fits the culture for a couple OL, RB, CB, & LB.

A bird in the hand is...

...actually, I don't care to finish that thought.

Image result for big bird gif

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

RB- Check✔️

Need one more honestly unless we really like one of our walk-ons!

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

A transfer will solidify it for sure. I'm personally stoked about the kid from Mississippi though. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A bird in the hand is...

...actually, I don't care to finish that thought.

Image result for big bird gif

No, please finish. Otherwise you're just a tease

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'd like a transfer, but I'd go to battle with Shivers, Tank, and Hunter

• Like 1