Nick Eason New DL Coach

Tony4AU

After watching that video posted earlier in this thread.  Eason will relate extremely well to our current players.   He knows they all want to get to the league and it sounds like he ties it together during practice.   That video was amazing.  

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

First post under cubelic’s tweet by an osu fan. “And bengals fans are thrilled he’s gone”. I think that’s the go to thing now when a coach leaves anywhere lol

Yup. Just shows most fans know **** all.

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

My guess is that Rock left and Mason told coach” hey I know a guy”. 

That's what I believe as well. That's the way it should be.  Mason chooses the coaches that he wants then through the interview process Harsin signs off on it. 

37 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Was this more BH or mason? Or pretty much equal here? Bc it does seem like mason would’ve had some input given he has hired him before.

The days of being forced to bring in a Tony Franklin as a coordinator and not allowing him to change a thing from a staff perspective are finally over at Auburn(?).  Harsin is clearly comfortable in his own skin and is 180 degrees from where we were just a month ago. In fairness I think Gus may have been the way he was in large part due to what Houston Nutt did to him at Arkansas...co-OC my ass.

I really like the coaching style and NFL background.  BUT... I totally don't get the concept of some people here.  He has never been college coach.  We have no idea his ability or willingness to recruit or get players TO the NFL.  He has proven he can coach NFL players to be better but how does that translate?

Not looking to get bashed here. Just pointing out a couple points the sober me would wait for someone else to ask.

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I really like the coaching style and NFL background.  BUT... I totally don't get the concept of some people here.  He has never been college coach.  We have no idea his ability or willingness to recruit or get players TO the NFL.  He has proven he can coach NFL players to be better but how does that translate?

Not looking to get bashed here. Just pointing out a couple points the sober me would wait for someone else to ask.

Neither had Cadillac. You gotta start somewhere and Mason will mentor that side of the task. 

Just now, alexava said:

Neither had Cadillac. You gotta start somewhere and Mason will mentor that side of the task. 

Yes but Cadi had worked through HS to get there.  This guy has not.  Again.... Really like the hire but I think there are question marks here that folks mentioned with others yet not with him

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Yes but Cadi had worked through HS to get there.  This guy has not.  Again.... Really like the hire but I think there are question marks here that folks mentioned with others yet not with him

I’m not sure what you mean by working through hs? 

8 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I understand your reluctance, but if Mason had a role in this hire, then i trust Mason to get his guy. That's all i need to know about it.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I’m not sure what you mean by working through hs? 

Cadi was a coach from NFL at HS then on to coach at IMG (basically D III college) then on to AU.  Eason has no proven track record of taking HS kid and helping him get to NFL.  Not saying he can't but lets not give him keys to Kingdom until he does

Wow! Did not see 10 year NFL veteran coach as the go to after Rocker left. I mean damn....I like this guy better than Rocker!! We should of just gone with this guy first lol

Gotta think all that NFL experience will be a great selling point for recruits. Really impressive staff Harsin has put together here. Ready to get this thing started! I don’t know how good we’ll be next season but I predict it will be a lot of fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, Never2Yield said:

What, splash hire is not good enough for you?!  :OnTheCan:

That’s for the swimming team. 😝 

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

This is more earth shattering. 😏

Touché my friend,  touché! :laugh:

Being an NFL guy I’m sure coach Eason will be great in a 4-3 or a 3-4. This hire makes me think coach Mason wants to work towards a 3-4 look. I think his time with Vrabel will bring a lot to the table, Vrabel spent years with belicheck. 

42 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I see what you're trying to say but that clip of him is from the Senior Bowl. Where he's literally helping college kids get prepared to best demonstrate their abilities to the pros.

Sure there will be some learning curves but NFL experience is never a bad thing at these ranks. 

Ultimately, like all things, we'll know in time. 

5 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Being an NFL guy I’m sure coach Eason will be great in a 4-3 or a 3-4. This hire makes me think coach Mason wants to work towards a 3-4 look. I think his time with Vrabel will bring a lot to the table, Vrabel spent years with belicheck. 

The talk about the 4-3 vs 3-4. A lot of snaps this day and age, you’re forced to play a 4-2-5 or nickel, whatever you prefer to call it. I really don’t pay a whole lot of attention to base D these days Bc with the amount of 4-5 Wr sets teams run, you can’t run your “base” D constantly 

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Boy am I giddy about next season. A far cry from past years.

It’s just fun to have something different to look forward to! Been too long !!

Stoked for this hire! 

I can not fully express to y’all just how excited I am for Auburn Football. Aight years of dull, legarthic energies seem to be a thing of the past. It feels absolutely FANTASTIC. LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

This might be the most exciting hire for me next to Mason. Talk about instant credibility. LFG

Archived