Nick Eason New DL Coach

Tony4AU

Welcome Nick Eason!!!  Thank you for coming to Auburn.  You are well qualified and we appreciate you already.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His personality alone will make a lot of guys want to play for him because he seems to make you work, but have fun doing it. For reason I get the impression that this hire has CDM's fingerprints on it.

Wow, so excited about this hire.  As someone said earlier in this thread, this may be a better hire than Tracy Rocker was in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The talk about the 4-3 vs 3-4. A lot of snaps this day and age, you’re forced to play a 4-2-5 or nickel, whatever you prefer to call it. I really don’t pay a whole lot of attention to base D these days Bc with the amount of 4-5 Wr sets teams run, you can’t run your “base” D constantly 

I agree with you that you can’t run your “base D” as much as in the past. I think it does have a lot to do with how you recruit guys for the front 7 moving forward. 

25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I see what you're trying to say but that clip of him is from the Senior Bowl. Where he's literally helping college kids get prepared to best demonstrate their abilities to the pros.

Sure there will be some learning curves but NFL experience is never a bad thing at these ranks. 

Ultimately, like all things, we'll know in time. 

I know that's the SR bowl but 80% of those guys are NFL bound.  None of that proves what he can do for a 3*

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I know that's the SR bowl but 80% of those guys are NFL bound.  None of that proves what he can do for a 3*

If he can command/lead an nfl position group on the field and in meeting rooms he can lead and develop college kids. He was trusted to coach guys that he was not much older than when he first started in the NFL, that says a lot. Most college kids are eager to learn, develop, and have a chance to play in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

That's like getting a D1 college coach yeah you're good but can you coach high school?

Heck yea! This hire has me super pumped! I was hoping for an experienced NFL guy.  Freaking tough staff put together.  If you don't bring it, you won't play with this staff.  

Lots to be said for hiring a veteran NFL coach to coach kids with realistic expectations of playing in the NFL. But with this hire, Harsin is again moving away from surrounding himself with veteran, proven college level recruiters. If it turns out Eason can also recruit with the best, it's a world class hire because the guy is clearly a proven coach.

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

After watching the video, I'm all in for Coach Eason! The days of coaches not cussin' at Auburn are over!!!

LOL.

(obviously not directed at you 3G)

In a recent video  where the coach is mic'd up  you have to listen to coach Nick Eason  give a speech to some players and their teammates.     A lot of you have complained about having to listen to this speech.    During this speech Mr Coach Nick Eason
 used a bad word.   I am sorry you have to listen to that.  A coach should never yell at the team. 

I want you to know that I do not take this lightly.   I already talked to my cousin Charles, and he is going to administration with his lawyer to get Coach Eason fired.   Because that is what you should do if something doesn't go your way. 

I hope you or your kids will never have to play under such a terrible coach like  Coach Nick Eason.    Unfortunately it is too late for the 3  dozen NFL starters that used to play for him. 

I have also contacted the NCAA and they are investigating the situation and will decide if they will take away his Super Bowl Rings and his 100 career wins for saying a bad word one time.   Hopefully you or your kids will play with good coaches that pat you on the butt and give you high fives when you miss a tackle,  and also gives you a snack at the end of the game.

As a coach you are always trying to prepare your players  for the next level.  and of course the next level is always easier.  So,  let this be a lesson to all you coaches.  You should never say a bad word,  EVER.

Also too is there anybody I'm cool with that feels like I don't know if he'll be able to recruit against the best in the sec? 

I ask because I have questions I'd like to ask about this logic because I'm curious as to how they view recruiting to be

He will have instant credibility with recruits and that is something we need right now, not later, so now we have it. His ability to develop players at the college level will come shortly but if Mason and Harsin didn't think he could do that, I doubt he would be here. His personality is a definite positive and players are going to pay attention because he has that credibility. I like this hire.    

I think Harsin had a type in mind for DL coach. He was looking for a technician first, recruiter second. Love what I saw in the video. Seems like he has a great personality, solid communicator and high energy. Can't wait to see how he works out. 

16 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LOL.

(obviously not directed at you 3G)

In a recent video  where the coach is mic'd up  you have to listen to coach Nick Eason  give a speech to some players and their teammates.     A lot of you have complained about having to listen to this speech.    During this speech Mr Coach Nick Eason
 used a bad word.   I am sorry you have to listen to that.  A coach should never yell at the team. 

I want you to know that I do not take this lightly.   I already talked to my cousin Charles, and he is going to administration with his lawyer to get Coach Eason fired.   Because that is what you should do if something doesn't go your way. 

I hope you or your kids will never have to play under such a terrible coach like  Coach Nick Eason.    Unfortunately it is too late for the 3  dozen NFL starters that used to play for him. 

I have also contacted the NCAA and they are investigating the situation and will decide if they will take away his Super Bowl Rings and his 100 career wins for saying a bad word one time.   Hopefully you or your kids will play with good coaches that pat you on the butt and give you high fives when you miss a tackle,  and also gives you a snack at the end of the game.

As a coach you are always trying to prepare your players  for the next level.  and of course the next level is always easier.  So,  let this be a lesson to all you coaches.  You should never say a bad word,  EVER.

I’m sure he is going to be a great coach. Looking forward to watching the results of his work on the field.  I’m also sure ugly language won’t help him be a better coach. Some of you seem to think that is proof he is “Sabanesque”. I don’t see any connection between the two.

41 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

If you can coach NFL lineman to compete against NFL linemen, you can definitely coach 4* D1 athletes to compete and win against other 4* D1 athletes. This should be a guy who knows, sees and coaches the little details that make big differences.

42 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Lots to be said for hiring a veteran NFL coach to coach kids with realistic expectations of playing in the NFL. But with this hire, Harsin is again moving away from surrounding himself with veteran, proven college level recruiters. If it turns out Eason can also recruit with the best, it's a world class hire because the guy is clearly a proven coach.

Good. I want developers. Players who can actually perform on the field. If they do that I have no doubt we can get talented players. Sick of seeing top 10 -15 classes lose to teams with much less talent.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

The talk about the 4-3 vs 3-4. A lot of snaps this day and age, you’re forced to play a 4-2-5 or nickel, whatever you prefer to call it. I really don’t pay a whole lot of attention to base D these days Bc with the amount of 4-5 Wr sets teams run, you can’t run your “base” D constantly 

You are right about not being in base defense very often now days with the offenses spread all over. The bigger change we will likely see is going from a 1 gap to 2 gap scheme. Mason may even mix that up some. I think it will definitely be a hybrid type D.  A lot of times a 4-3 team will play their WDE or SDE in a stand up role and even drop him into coverage making that 4-3 very much like a 3-4. I am excited. I think we will see much more complex blitz package and coverage combos.

13 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I think Harsin had a type in mind for DL coach. He was looking for a technician first, recruiter second. Love what I saw in the video. Seems like he has a great personality, solid communicator and high energy. Can't wait to see how he works out. 

It seems like he loves developers with a sprinkle of recruiters who also can develop.

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Also too is there anybody I'm cool with that feels like I don't know if he'll be able to recruit against the best in the sec? 

I ask because I have questions I'd like to ask about this logic because I'm curious as to how they view recruiting to be

I am a big believer of performing to get talent. Seen too many times our talent not playing to their level

This was Mason's guy which is all I need to know. He's going to develop the young talent that we have. He's obviously a very relatable guy so that will resonate with his players and pay dividends in recruiting. He's from south GA, so he'll know a tough ass player with dawg in 'em when he sees one.

Just now, DAG said:

Good. I want developers. Players who can actually perform own the field. If they do that I have no doubt we can get talented players. Sick of seeing top 10 -15 classes lose to teams with much less talent.

I think CBH really did his homework on this staff. With our current roster, there are some positions where we definitely need developers over recruiters and others where we need recruiters over developers. Of course in a perfect world we would want every coach to be an ace developer and recruiter, but we do not live in a perfect world.

You look at OL, I would say currently we would definitely benefit more from a recruiter- Insert Will Friend. Home run IMO for that need.

QB- We need both, but currently we definitely need someone who can hopefully help Bo come along to maximize his potential. Insert Mike Bobo. A proven QB developer, who happens to be an Ace Recruiter as well. IMO- Home Run hire.

Then on the others side of the spectrum, look at our DL, LB, and DBs on roster- We have talent there now. Developers. Insert Etheridge, Schemdding, and Eason- Boom (they could turn out to be great recruiters as well, but we know they can develop players- All good hires

I literally think Harsin has done an absolute stand up job on his staff first the first couple years as well strategically placing contingencies for when an if certain coaches leave after a year or two. Reminds me of short man across the state who has built excellent staffs over the years. 

I believe every move Harsin makes is calculated and thought out. He is going to make some mistakes and we will have some times where we all probably question or second guess some things, but ultimately I believe we found the right coach to build this thing up to it's potential. LFG WDE

17 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure he is going to be a great coach. Looking forward to watching the results of his work on the field.  I’m also sure ugly language won’t help him be a better coach. Some of you seem to think that is proof he is “Sabanesque”. I don’t see any connection between the two.

It was satire. 

Archived