2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

@ellitor how reliable is Caleb Benson? He’s saying he thinks both Traore and Phillips are AUburn leans. 

48 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

@ellitor how reliable is Caleb Benson? He’s saying he thinks both Traore and Phillips are AUburn leans. 

@aubearcatNever heard of him but anyone who @s Ramone loses credibility in my book. There are credible people who like AU for Traore. Haven't seen anyone credible on Phillips yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@aubearcatNever heard of him but anyone who @s Ramone loses credibility in my book. There are credible people who like AU for Traore. Haven't seen anyone credible on Phillips yet.

Exactly!!!! I can’t get too hype for Phillips too much 

11 hours ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

I saw a snippet that said Miami or FSU for him. I can’t remember which media platform I saw it on. 

If it’s Phillips or whoever, you have to think anyone we get with that fourth spot is good enough to where this is our most talented class (barring decommits ofc) 

fringe 5 star combo guard of the future, a 5 star guy good enough for us to think he’s either filling in the 6’10 potential #1 overall sharpshooter or the 7’1 potential DPOY, and Tre Donaldson, who could be our starting point guard for 2 out of the next 4 years if not more depending on how things break

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If it’s Phillips or whoever, you have to think anyone we get with that fourth spot is good enough to where this is our most talented class (barring decommits ofc) 

fringe 5 star combo guard of the future, a 5 star guy good enough for us to think he’s either filling in the 6’10 potential #1 overall sharpshooter or the 7’1 potential DPOY, and Tre Donaldson, who could be our starting point guard for 2 out of the next 4 years if not more depending on how things break

Is Donaldson playing football and basketball?

2 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

He says he will try and play both. Most seem to think he’ll only play basketball. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

First year basketball only is the reports I've seen.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

@ellitora couple students I know are also hearing CMo and Babatunde are done 

Not surprised. Moore is to small to play the 4 and he doesn't have the skill set to play the 2 and 3 position. I believe Auburn is about to pull from the portal.

56 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

CMo and Babatunde are done 

I know and have said as much a few days ago in the off-season roster movement thread.

9 minutes ago, Tiger720 said:

I believe Auburn is about to pull from the portal.

And possibly some elite 2023s looking to reclassify

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, aubearcat said:

I read somewhere earlier today that Phillips was leaning toward G League.  Don’t know if that’s credible or not.  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, aubearcat said:

If you follow football recruiting then you know that Caleb Benson had several huge missed swings back in Jan/Feb when it came to the portal and NSD.  Got the entire fanbase riled up.

• Thanks 1

Bruce Pearl visited a kid named Leonard Miller out of Canada yesterday, as did Calipari of Kentucky. Kid sounds like an Anthony Davis type prospect. Late growth spurt took him from a 6’4 SG to a 6’11 Big with ball skills. He was in unranked most of his recruitment until On3 ranked him a 5* recently.

NOTE:  Miller also has a relationship with 5* 2023 SG Elijah Fisher, who is a possible re-class candidate

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Bruce Pearl visited a kid named Leonard Miller out of Canada yesterday, as did Calipari of Kentucky. Kid sounds like an Anthony Davis type prospect. Late growth spurt took him from a 6’4 SG to a 6’11 Big with ball skills. He was in unranked most of his recruitment until On3 ranked him a 5* recently.

NOTE:  Miller also has a relationship with 5* 2023 SG Elijah Fisher, who is a possible re-class candidate

Yes, his brother plays at TCU. I wonder will that give them an edge?

Elijah Fisher really likes Auburn but he seems to favor G League $ (Auburn OV is in the works though). Apparently, Leonard's handlers want more than $1M NIL (basically $1M is not enough).

Yohan Traore should announce in the coming days and then landing either Fisher or Phillips would be huge for us (and potentially returning Kessler). 

This would be great a haul:

- 5* Traore

- 5* Fisher/Phillips

- 4* Westry

- some transfers

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

Elijah Fisher really likes Auburn but he seems to favor G League $ (Auburn OV is in the works though). Apparently, Leonard's handlers want more than $1M NIL (basically $1M is not enough).

Yohan Traore should announce in the coming days and then landing either Fisher or Phillips would be huge for us (and potentially returning Kessler). 

This would be great a haul:

- 5* Traore

- 5* Fisher/Phillips

- 4* Westry

- some transfers

I’m down for that.

Edited by War to the Eagle