GameDay heading to Auburn-Penn State

aubiefifty

Penn State fans chant ‘We want Auburn’ as Nittany Lions finish off win over Ball State

Adam Spencer | 13 hours ago
1-2 minutes

Penn State fans are excited for this year’s team. After a win over a ranked Wisconsin team on the road last week, the Nittany Lions routed Ball State this week.

Now, Penn State will turn its attention to Auburn, as the Tigers head to town next Saturday for a big nonconference matchup.

Fans are clearly eager for that game. As you can hear below, in the final couple of minutes of Saturday’s game, students started chanting “We want Auburn!”:

"WE WANT AUBURN" chants from the student section.

I cannot wait for the White Outpic.twitter.com/1jMttrAGKI

— Derek Shuman (@DerekShuman_) September 11, 2021

They’ll have to be careful what they wish for, as Auburn has looked good this year (albeit not against top-tier competition). The Tigers have outscored Akron and Alabama State by a combined score of 122-10.

We’ll see if James Franklin’s team or Bryan Harsin’s squad will improve to 3-0 next weekend.

this will be such a fun game.................

Well I will say it already sounds like a unanimous pick for the GameDay crew; I highly doubt any of them will pick Auburn. Not that that would be a bad pick, being Penn St. is at home, it is just rare when Auburn is the underdog, to ever be picked by a ESPN GameDay picker. We seem to always be the underdog when GameDay is doing one of our games anyway. 

20 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Well I will say it already sounds like a unanimous pick for the GameDay crew; I highly doubt any of them will pick Auburn. Not that that would be a bad pick, being Penn St. is at home, it is just rare when Auburn is the underdog, to ever be picked by a ESPN GameDay picker. We seem to always be the underdog when GameDay is doing one of our games anyway. 

Corso will not bc we will not let him wear an aubie head.

So unless Desmond likes an upset pick, Kirk will abstain bc he's announcing, and the local guy will pick PSU

I now live up in Maryland and listened to the last quarter of the PSU vs BSU game and postgame program on the PSU radio network.  Their broadcast team is excited about the AU game, specifically mentioning Bo Nix and Tank as players to contend with.  They are heavily banking on their White Out crowd to be a 12th man against AU.  Franklin did not address AU specifically in his postgame comments on the field, but did say PSU would need the White Out crowd to be revved up for the game.  AU apparently is considered the top home game for PSU based on AU's selection over Ohio St and UMich for this year's White Out game.  The White Out pictures look to me like a stadium of ripe cotton, which should not intimidate AU, especially in our white stormtrooper uniforms that will blend in with the crowd. Should be an intriguing game.

• Like 4

i imagine harsin and company will be telling the players they have to earn respect and saturday will be the perfect opportunity. i am glad we have harsin because i remember playing penn state in the mud way back and they just killed us. it was embarrassing.

Awesome. The ESPN show talking nonstop about how OhiLow state is still glorious and will/should be in the playoff no matter how many losses - will be there. ESPN already has its SEC stars to market for playoffs. Auburn is a spoiler for them. They so struggle to hide their disdain.

Thank goodness for audio from the AU Network, regardless of sync issues! I sure hope it is a stomp down.

3 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I now live up in Maryland and listened to the last quarter of the PSU vs BSU game and postgame program on the PSU radio network.  Their broadcast team is excited about the AU game, specifically mentioning Bo Nix and Tank as players to contend with.  They are heavily banking on their White Out crowd to be a 12th man against AU.  Franklin did not address AU specifically in his postgame comments on the field, but did say PSU would need the White Out crowd to be revved up for the game.  AU apparently is considered the top home game for PSU based on AU's selection over Ohio St and UMich for this year's White Out game.  The White Out pictures look to me like a stadium of ripe cotton, which should not intimidate AU, especially in our white stormtrooper uniforms that will blend in with the crowd. Should be an intriguing game.

They get tOSU at home on even years and Michigan at home on odd.

PSU wins the toss. Defers to the second half. Kicks a touchback. Auburn starts from their own 25. The stadium is rocking. The sound deafening. Incredible scene. 

First play of the game: Tank Bigsby runs up the middle for a 30 yard gain. Crowd shuts up. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Corso will not bc we will not let him wear an aubie head.

So unless Desmond likes an upset pick, Kirk will abstain bc he's announcing, and the local guy will pick PSU

Corso has picked Auburn before. He puts on an Auburn helmet or something similar. 

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Some of my favorites

2D1A17BF-6351-4326-8647-BA72494323A8.png

67A9C2BB-AD9B-446C-B083-D47D7F95996E.png

D22731AC-9B04-43B9-B069-D57AF53F8B15.png

I don't know if this stat gives me more hope than I originally had but I certainly don't see why some of their fans seem to think we lose due to their hit or miss white out intimidation. 

The Nittany Lions are 7-7 in White Out games in general, and 5-5 in full-stadium white outs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't know if this stat gives me more hope than I originally had but I certainly don't see why some of their fans seem to think we lose due to their hit or miss white out intimidation. 

The Nittany Lions are 7-7 in White Out games in general, and 5-5 in full-stadium white outs. 

Omg white shirts!!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488696mx338jsqdmqdesiz

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

The White Out pictures look to me like a stadium of ripe cotton, which should not intimidate AU, especially in our white stormtrooper uniforms that will blend in with the crowd.

I think that is the point to the "white out." Visiting QB's, wearing mostly white uni's, will have a more difficult time picking up their WR's blending into the white background.  I'm not sure it's a huge factor but I can understand the theory behind it.

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Top 10 team yelling they want a Top 20 team … cute

Regardless of our current ranking we are a traditional SEC power therefore I see it as a sign of respect they are calling on us.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I hope we whip their butt so bad they start questioning why they do the 'white out'.   And why would they schedule Auburn when they could have scheduled someone else.

I remember when we rocked FSU 59 - 27 when they were really good ('85).   Hoping for one of those kinda games....

29 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I hope we whip their butt so bad they start questioning why they do the 'white out'.   And why would they schedule Auburn when they could have scheduled someone else.

I remember when we rocked FSU 59 - 27 when they were really good ('85).   Hoping for one of those kinda games....

Judging from their record during 'white out' games they should already be questioning it.  

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:02 AM, SRBautigerfan said:

I think that is the point to the "white out." Visiting QB's, wearing mostly white uni's, will have a more difficult time picking up their WR's blending into the white background.  I'm not sure it's a huge factor but I can understand the theory behind it.

By theory our secondary should blend in when we are on Defense as well.