Auburn vs Penn State — Game Thread

RunInRed

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Based on what? Their #5 has looked better than our entire WR corp combined. Their OL looks better. Their secondary and linebackers look better. s*** Clifford looks better than Bo. What are you watching? 

What happened when Clifford got pressured on that last throw?  He threw a pick.  It’s pretty easy to look great when you’ve got all day to throw.  That’s too easy.  Their number 5 is not that much better than Robertson.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Lots of folks here need to chill out.

It's a fan based sports forum during a live game. It would be boring if everyone e thought the same. 

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

People here over reacting. Now we can make adjustments and let's see how it goes. Everybody needs to play better. We are very lucky that ball wasn't a pick 6' Bo can't keep making those mistakes.

Wr have to catch balls. And let's see if we can come up with something to get a bit of pressure

We really have looked a bit sloppy. They haven’t. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

People here over reacting. Now we can make adjustments and let's see how it goes. Everybody needs to play better. We are very lucky that ball wasn't a pick 6' Bo can't keep making those mistakes.

Wr have to catch balls. And let's see if we can come up with something to get a bit of pressure

Every adjustment that we need is coachable/schematic, in my view.

I'll choose to remain optimistic.

• Like 2

Good news is we did't play great, not Bobo and Mason's finest halves, but only down 4. I think we have a real shot if they adapt and we get some better execution. If not, we'll be in trouble

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

I've been trying to remain patient with Shed, but losing it rapidly. I don't see any reason he should be targeted more than Hudson, Capers, and Canion. Johnson Jr. is also a better deep ball target

I know he has the experience but they need to sit down and figure out another plan. But the other options are guys with very little experience and putting them in this huge game on the road.

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Trying not to give up big play? And doing a decent job of that. 2nd half can maybe commit more to rushes.

Going to lose if you think that was a “decent job”.  Going to have to pressure Clifford.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

It's a fan based sports forum during a live game. It would be boring if everyone e thought the same. 

Quit making sense 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah don’t know why people are overreacting. Only down 4 at the half on the road vs a top ten team and the offense has shown promise. Just gotta fix the little mistakes 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

There's a difference between difference of opinion and swinging from "sky is falling" to "national champs" on every play.  Its like a lot of folks have apparently forgotten what a competitive road game looks like.

• Like 1

Don't think there is too much to worry about. Their TD was a few broken coverages.

We seem to be playing OK on offense, not great. Defense seems to be playing a little reactivate and scared their QB will run on us.

Get the ball. Score a TD. Fix the defense. Win the game.

Show up, give a s***

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

I know he has the experience but they need to sit down and figure out another plan. But the other options are guys with very little experience and putting them in this huge game on the road.

True, but I would argue worth the risk. They're gonna have to get thrown in the fire eventually anyways

Going to be a fight in the second half. We get ball. Gotta find a way to get more pressure on defense and we need to lean on the running game more in second half. Make them stop the run!!

• Like 1