Auburn vs Penn State — Game Thread

RunInRed

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Going to lose if you think that was a “decent job”.  Going to have to pressure Clifford.  

Yep, I do. Considering the lack to full-speed, peer experience in first 2 games. Now it's, "Don't second guess, full speed where you expect the play to go." If you miss you miss, but not for any tentativeness.. Yeah, wish we were up 2 TDs at end of first half. AU was at an experience disadvantage for 2021 and didn't let it get away from them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

There's a difference between difference of opinion and swinging from "sky is falling" to "national champs" on every play.  Its like a lot of folks have apparently forgotten what a competitive road game looks like.

It has been a while... I am loving this forum and the game. Some people are just like that. Let it slide....

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Yeah don’t know why people are overreacting. Only down 4 at the half on the road vs a top ten team and the offense has shown promise. Just gotta fix the little mistakes 

I'm tempted to agree, though right now in my knee-jerk state, I think 5-7 is very possible. But 8-4 is possible too even with a loss tonight.

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

What happened when Clifford got pressured on that last throw?  He threw a pick.  It’s pretty easy to look great when you’ve got all day to throw.  That’s too easy.  Their number 5 is not that much better than Robertson.  

This cannot be a serious post. Not only does it not refute any of the position groups we clearly look worse at, it was a glorified four verts/hail mary play. Thank God we could pressure him on that 

Just now, tbone4jc said:

It has been a while... I am loving this forum and the game. Some people are just like that. Let it slide....

How about no.  Folks need to put their big boy huggies on.  And I'd say it to everyone's face.

Two momentum plays that went his way that could have possibly been game changer. Bobbling the ball while going out of bounds and the tripping over his own foot.

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

True, but I would argue worth the risk. They're gonna have to get thrown in the fire eventually anyways

I agree. This game plan that was used is not it.

I know coaches are always like "we gotta establish the run" blah blah blah, but if I'm PSU, i'd throw every down.

Let's face it, since when has an offense had to game plan around an Auburn pass rush?  been awhile. 

4 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Going to lose if you think that was a “decent job”.  Going to have to pressure Clifford.  

It was a decent job, 14 points on-the-road against a top-tier opponent is pretty good.  I'm more disappointed with simple blown assignments with TE coverage.  That isn't play calling, and those guys aren't freshmen.

Got to halftime down 4, should've been up by at least 3, without showing a whole lot but base defense.  There is a lot in the bag, risky against Clifford, but we can't let them get a bigger lead.  Mason will bring the house 2nd half  

• Like 1

Big road game we came here to win or go down trying. Enough of the soft conservative D with no pressure. Press man and bring some blitzes. Guy has all day until that last throw

• Like 1

Ok, bad new is; we ARE down by 4 against possibly the worst FCS school to ever exist.

The good news is, we might be able to call up Chiz or Gus during this halftime.

• Haha 1

Defense needs more pressure. If we get them in 3rd and long bring the heat...giving Clifford all day to pick our zone apart has not worked. 

Offense....I think we have ran some stuff to set up some big plays later. I am hoping that pays off. We need to get Tank and Hunter going in the run game. 

We are in this boys and girls. Just need to make adjustments and kick some azzzz....WAR EAGLE>

Just now, USATiger said:

It was a decent job, 14 points on-the-road against a top-tier opponent is pretty good.  I'm more disappointed with simple blown assignments with TE coverage.  That isn't play calling, and those guys aren't freshmen.

Got to halftime down 4, should've been up by at least 3, without showing a whole lot but base defense.  There is a lot in the bag, risky against Clifford, but we can't let them get a bigger lead.  Mason will bring the house 2nd half  

Yeah who knows. A lot is possible. 

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

No some of these plays tonight have been right of the playground in elementary school. It’s one thing to make a mistake but it’s totally different when you start looking like a pick up team of old men playing the Bucks. 🤔