Penn State Post Game Thread

AuburnNTexas

Just now, Moriarty88 said:

I do not understand Bo's throwing.  It is as if he just does not have the needed arm strength.  Whenever he needed to go deep, it was just float it as high as possible and see if the receiver comes down with it.  When we had bigger better receivers, that was an option.  With the guys we have now I just don't see it.

There's definitely no possession receivers as of rn. The TEs kinda fit what he seems to be looking for, but Shenker has been the main one involved in that pursuit. It feels like Bo just has very inconsistent control, and that could be a sign of a weaker arm I figure. Maybe he doesn't have much, so he figures he overcompensates on those touch sideline throws and then you get what you got. 

But when you his sideline passes vs TJ Finley's man. The difference in zip is the difference between Heaven and Hell

Just now, Ihaveabadfelling said:

One way to tell is to watch the play where the WR never found the ball, Nix threw the ball out of bounds. 

You do realize  a WR is usually around 6’ tall. If you throw the ball So that it  lands out of bounds, a 6’ tall WR would catch it BEFORE it hits the ground out of bounds. 

The wideout pass attempt debacle by Hudson to open the 2nd half was a killer. Fortunately (or unfortunately) that was one upped by the atrocious 4th down fade attempt. Bobo and Harsin are both to blame for that mess, and coming out of a timeout to boot. That’s what we came up with out of the TO??? Pass coverage was a hot mess as well. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Interesting quote here.  Sounds like Bo may have screwed up on that 4th down play.

5 options?!?! He looked at one and I dare anybody to argue different

• Like 4

When will we ever get a playcaller that won't make one of the most asinine decisions ever? Yes coaches call bad plays from time to time but I'm tired of the braindead stuff that casual watchers know shouldn't be called.

Interesting quote here.  Sounds like Bo may have screwed up on that 4th down play.

Should have never been an option to begin with.. you turn around and hand it to Tank. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How about don’t throw on 4th and short at the goal line at all and give it to the players who’ve actually carried the offense? Nah that’s crazy. 

• Like 4

Just now, cole256 said:

I think he was expecting a pic play there. 

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

What u mean Auburn played them toe to toe and had more miscues. All things equal Auburns last drive possible could have been the game winner

... TIE-er. But, yes.

If Auburn can go into that environment and be right there in the game until the end in game 3, I like our chances against the rest of the SEC. Ole Miss, Georgia, and Bama are going to be tough ones. But we are only 1/4 way through the season. 8 wins is possible and I’d say that’s a good start for this staff. Hopefully our guys will take this L and learn from it, we know our strengths and weaknesses a little more now. That’s probably the most hostile environment we are going to play in all season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This is hilarious.  This game looked exactly like our out of conference top 10 games early in the season from prior years.  We beat Washington, Oregon, Louisville, and lost to Clemson twice by the same margin that we lost this game or less. During LSU's championship year, we played them closer than any other team they faced. This looked a lot like the Florida game we lost that same year by a similar margin.

I saw that same ridiculous premise on twitter. We get blown out because of what? Aimless deep passes that kill the chemistry, check. Long sustained running drives that only rarely occur, check. Screens and reverses that hurt the team, check. So many missed open passes, you wonder what the QB and WRs were doing in practice, check. The damn gameplan was a Gus gameplan 

• Like 2

Just now, kevon67 said:

MS State may be Auburn's lone SEC victory this season

Nah.  We'll beat MSU and for sure South Carolina.

Toss up games with LSU, Arkansas, A&M, and Ole Miss.  Probably 4-4 or 5-3 in conference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Thats the point I think Harsin is making here.  Sounds like Bo severely f'd up the play.

Just now, CCTAU said:

I think he was expecting a pic play there. 

I know what he was expecting but he didn't read other options, he went straight to that one on a throw he can't make to a wr who isn't going to make that play either

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

You do realize  a WR is usually around 6’ tall. If you throw the ball So that it  lands out of bounds, a 6’ tall WR would catch it BEFORE it hits the ground out of bounds. 

The receiver was about five yards from the sideline and the ball was a good yard out of bounds. It wouldn't have been catchable for Stretch Armstrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

How about don’t throw on 4th and short at the goal line at all and give it to the players who’ve actually carried the offense? Nah that’s crazy. 

clearly going with a play that would have a high success rate would be too predictable.      Blows my mind how they could call that.    

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That was a Bobo specific single option fade by design and defy anyone to argue differently. 

5 reads on 4th and 2 with the game on the line?  No one is that dumb.