What actually happened during the psu game

cole256

Just now, cole256 said:

He was expressive in wanting the ball especially in clutch times. You know the type of guy you wouldn't want on the team. He would hold people accountable too so.

As far as the drops, I was going to say this myself but due to speaking up on other issues and being accused of searching for criticism like diminishing a 2 yard first down I wasn't going to ask about what drops. There is one that stand out

And that's Jackson's drop the next play when Bo almost threw the pick 6.

@cbo

Was that the play where Jackson stumbled?  Yeah, it was a good throw by Nix and should have been a completion.

2 hours ago, cbo said:

The 2 drops I described? They really weren't that huge. Other than every play being big in a game like this. But they weren't dropped TD's or 4th downs or something. 

Shed dropped a pretty big one going into the half ball hit him in the hands and he tripped over his own feet. It would have been a big gain or maybe even scored. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Was that the play where Jackson stumbled?  Yeah, it was a good throw by Nix and should have been a completion.

Yes. That's the only pass I remember that I was like damn....Also want to point out to make that throw right after you almost blew the game is good stuff. Takes a little moxie to stay composed like that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Different play from what I recall that was to BO left. The almost pick was to his right

Edited by e808

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Every once in awhile you get a drop like Ben Obamanu's in 2003 against Ole Miss. Okay. It's impossible not to focus on that. Or maybe you have the rare Sammie Coates situation where he's a freak and a huge part of the offense but he's also just not very good at catching the ball relative to true big time receivers. Okay, sure, that's a thing. Otherwise, it's useless and actually counterproductive to talk about them as part of evaluating a QB's performance. Especially not if you're not going to talk about the really amazing catches that the receivers made.

Sorry. You're obviously not my target- pun intended- audience. I just hate logical fallacies and the "if you take away the drops" thing is a huge one. Unless you want to do that for every other QB in the country that day, also. 

Exactly. It's part of the game. All QBs deal with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, japantiger said:

I can see trying it to start the game; but when it was evident he was going to eat us alive; you change and put pressure on him.   We never changed. 

This is the big, head scratcher to me.

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Yes. That's the only pass I remember that I was like damn....Also want to point out to make that throw right after you almost blew the game is good stuff. Takes a little moxie to stay composed like that

I thought the same about Nix on that throw. He never got rattled in this game. 

Sort of (but not) really similar: I like that we threw to Kobe right after his fumble. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

A Seth Williams type is exactly what we need and someone I am sure CBH would attempt to get the ball to. At least he wanted the big moments. People got to remember it is not like Bo was super accurate most off the time with Seth. He would go up and get that thing.

Exactly, either u need a more accurate qb or a playmaker. Dotson or whatever his name climbed the ladder on a throw I just knew was too high. Granted he was wide open

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Isn't it funny how Bo was shown yelling at his coach on the sideline but Seth was the one with the bad attitude. 

See that's why I say you are me but better. I can't say that. But yeah he was just frustrated, wants to win, and loves Auburn. 

Lol I say something you already know a random coming with the who ever said so and so 😂🤡

2 minutes ago, e808 said:
17 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I do believe PSU is best in Big 10, but not as good as UGA. I really believe they challenge Bama.

I'll wait until after the Iowa game to see if PSU is the best in the Big 10. Iowa will pound you into submission and they don't care if they win 7-6. 

Just now, cole256 said:

See that's why I say you are me but better. I can't say that. But yeah he was just frustrated, wants to win, and loves Auburn. 

Lol I say something you already know a random coming with the who ever said so and so 😂🤡

Why can't you say that? ;)

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Every once in awhile you get a drop like Ben Obamanu's in 2003 against Ole Miss. Okay. It's impossible not to focus on that. Or maybe you have the rare Sammie Coates situation where he's a freak and a huge part of the offense but he's also just not very good at catching the ball relative to true big time receivers. Okay, sure, that's a thing. Otherwise, it's useless and actually counterproductive to talk about them as part of evaluating a QB's performance. Especially not if you're not going to talk about the really amazing catches that the receivers made.

Sorry. You're obviously not my target- pun intended- audience. I just hate logical fallacies and the "if you take away the drops" thing is a huge one. Unless you want to do that for every other QB in the country that day, also. 

I think the drops would be an interesting stat with the QBs numbers.  Kind of like listing errors in Baseball.

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

Look forward to all the passive aggressive posts coming in the morning to make this be on everybody but our QB.

A few of My favorites: I gave negative feed back on Bo I said he was average.

QB played well enough to win. 

O line was pitiful, wr are absolutely trash....I don't see how you can be an Auburn fan and say Bo sucks. 

We will absolutely see people do the same thing that many did when Gus was fired. Start saying it's Bo's fault as if he's been getting unfairly blamed for everything. 

He is just as good as Penn st QB, that QB just ran out there had all day to throw. Anybody can do that. (I remember this one being said only it was Mac Jones substituted for the Penn st guy last season)

The game was lost because of coaching, turnovers, wr inconsistency, defense, no pass rush......QB play had nothing to do with it. 

A few weeks ago he was really one of the best QB's in the sec and nation but

Already had a couple of you haven't said anything wrong but you're not objective arguments.....wait until tomorrow! 😂

Still going to say that was our first game really! It's not over! Wait and see if we improve or not before you start going off on people because you feel a type of way because some of your predictions already look dumb. Season isn't over it's just starting!

Good morning Cole. How are you today? I'd like to bury the hatchet with you over this "objectivity argument." Maybe we need to do that over PM as to not clutter the board with more arguing or snide pot shots. What say you?

• Love 1

I think a Seth type catches that 1st throw from the 10. It wasn’t great but catchable. Also didn’t realize Owen was out for that long. Maybe if he was in the game he stops that cut back TD. Oh well on to the next and get ready for down the road.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I think the drops would be an interesting stat with the QBs numbers.  Kind of like listing errors in Baseball.

Interesting for tracking a receiver over the season, sure. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CCTAU said:

A good QB does not lose the game for you. An above average QB can win the game for you. An excellent QB can carry the team. 

Again, stats do not lie. How many drops did we have? How do drops affect a completion percentage.

Bo is a good QB. He is not above average or excellent.

On ROAD games he is below average His is interception to TD rate is more than 2-1. His QBR is way below avg and his win lose record is 3-8 . How is he a good QB?  Most of his stats at home are against the inferior talented teams. So according to your own statistics of what makes a good QB he still fails.  I really, really hope the lights come on for him because I like Bo and want him to succeed but so far it hasn't happened when it mattered. 

Screenshot_20210920-113016_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210920-113043_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210920-113144_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I'll wait until after the Iowa game to see if PSU is the best in the Big 10. Iowa will pound you into submission and they don't care if they win 7-6. 

That’s probably true.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

It was also key drops...at times when we needed it. It was a big game and missed plays get magnified

Just as missed throws should...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

There were 3-4 drops/WR fell down.  That "seems" kind high.  2 of those are caught and he completed 62% and he's all of a sudden had his best road game vs a good team statistically.

I don't think any of the drops were drive killers, so the outcome of hte game doesn't change much.  After the Drob drop we had the 27yd TD run.  Can't remember the only Shed Jackson fell down.

12 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Just as missed throws should...

I believe coming into this week he had the lowest % of uncatchable passes for SEC QBs.  It's in the Bo Nix 2021 thread for the exact statistic.  We'll see where he falls after this week.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

On ROAD games he is below average His is interception to TD rate is more than 2-1. His QBR is way below avg and his win lose record is 3-8 . How is he a good QB?  Most of his stats at home are against the inferior talented teams. So according to your own statistics of what makes a good QB he still fails.  I really, really hope the lights come on for him because I like Bo and want him to succeed but so far it hasn't happened when it mattered. 

Screenshot_20210920-113016_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210920-113043_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210920-113144_Chrome.jpg

I agree with you that he hasn't been good in the past.  He was average Saturday night.  I don't think he was bad nor as bad as he was in years past.  He's still horrendous throwing a deep ball, that hasn't changed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I believe coming into this week he had the lowest % of uncatchable passes for SEC QBs.  It's in the Bo Nix 2021 thread for the exact statistic.  We'll see where he falls after this week.

Too many behind the LOS. Complete 180 from the previous weeks. The middle of the field was basically ignored and yes Bo's downfield accuracy is bad. 

• Like 4