Most talked about athlete in Georgia history

RHN1975

Nick Fairley. I have never seen a group of fans so freaking butt hurt over a play from 11 years ago. Granted Nick had a couple of legitimate late hits but they still complain about the one at the end of the game. Had their lineman not gotten beat and went low to block Fairley he wouldn't have fallen into Murray's knee. 

They could have a receiver catch a deep ball and pull a hammy and blame one of our DB's.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

I was expecting the obvious Herschel Walker when I saw the thread title. Then I thought about most talked about among Auburn fans only and that would be Pat Dye. Nick Fairley had an impact but I wouldn't personally list him as most talked about in history. They definitely hate him for that though. 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I was expecting the obvious Herschel Walker when I saw the thread title. Then I thought about most talked about among Auburn fans only and that would be Pat Dye. Nick Fairley had an impact but I wouldn't personally list him as most talked about in history. They definitely hate him for that though. 

I don't think it was literal.

And living in Atlanta in 2010 is what led me to thinking less of uga fans than I do of bama fans. To the OP's point, they are just so whiny. And entitled. bama fans are ever so slightly more honest about who and what they are, imo. 

• Like 1

thuga fans are the worst. Always have been. Worse than bammers in my opinion. Bammers are just stupid rednecks. Pups are vile and disgusting. Even when I was at AU in the late 80s, it was a different experience when the pups rolled into town. No respect for anyone and proud of it. I will cheer for bama over thuga every time, and I live in AL. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think it was literal.

And living in Atlanta in 2010 is what led me to thinking less of uga fans than I do of bama fans. To the OP's point, they are just so whiny. And entitled. bama fans are ever so slightly more honest about who and what they are, imo. 

The crap Murray's mommy spewed online was absolutely embarrassing, yet she was so proud of herself. Very typical of the uga fanbase.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Most talked about athlete in Georgia history
15 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

The crap Murray's mommy spewed online was absolutely embarrassing, yet she was so proud of herself. Very typical of the uga fanbase.

Murray will be on the CBS call Sat that's going to be fun:banghead:

The Georgia at Auburn game will be televised at 3:30 p.m. on CBS. Bulldog fans are happy to get a better kickoff time this week. The rivalry game will be commentated by Aaron Murray, Noah Eagle, Jenny Dell, and Rick Neuheisel. The game will be the 125th meeting between the Georgia Bulldogs and Auburn Tigers

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

The Georgia at Auburn game will be televised at 3:30 p.m. on CBS. Bulldog fans are happy to get a better kickoff time this week. The rivalry game will be commentated by Aaron Murray, Noah Eagle, Jenny Dell, and Rick Neuheisel. The game will be the 125th meeting between the Georgia Bulldogs and Auburn Tigers

Well I'll just have it muted I can enjoy the game in silence 🤐

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh that seems completely unbiased 🙄🤮

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hopefully we give Murray flashbacks. 

• Love 1

Listen to the radio anyway and sinc with my dvr.

• Like 1

Us Auburn folks born and raised in Georgia (which is a ton of us) know this all too much. Agree 100% with OP. They will never get over Nick Fairley. 

At the end of 2010, their 2 biggest rivals won a combined 3 national titles and 2 Heisman Trophies. The resentment could not have been any higher. 

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know the 8 slot is prime time but I wish we had the A crew. 

CBS trying to make Bama/TAMU a thing is just so pathetic. It’s not a thing and it probably won’t be ever. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not unbiased probably although I think McElroy does a pretty good job at it.

I wonder if deep down it hurt him last Saturday to compliment Bo like he did 🤣

20 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I wonder if deep down it hurt him last Saturday to compliment Bo like he did 🤣

He's typically gone out of his way to be complimentary of Auburn. 

2 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

Nick Fairley. I have never seen a group of fans so freaking butt hurt over a play from 11 years ago. Granted Nick had a couple of legitimate late hits but they still complain about the one at the end of the game. Had their lineman not gotten beat and went low to block Fairley he wouldn't have fallen into Murray's knee. 

They could have a receiver catch a deep ball and pull a hammy and blame one of our DB's.

Where are they whining about Fairley?  I tuned in to the ATL sports radio while driving through on Monday and never heard Fairley mentioned, they were too focused on coming to AU for the DSOR and guaranteeing it'll be 5 in a row. 😒

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

thuga fans are the worst. Always have been. Worse than bammers in my opinion. Bammers are just stupid rednecks. Pups are vile and disgusting. Even when I was at AU in the late 80s, it was a different experience when the pups rolled into town. No respect for anyone and proud of it. I will cheer for bama over thuga every time, and I live in AL. 

I'll never forget the way they acted in JHS in 1988. I was like 11. Went with my old man and some dork in the ugliest red and white slacks and his son who was about my age sat in front of us. They were absolutely obnoxious.  I felt bad for the kid since his old man was such a douche. Ive never seen a group of folks who were more arrogant for no reason than UGA fans

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not unbiased probably although I think McElroy does a pretty good job at it.

Yeah I mainly meant Aaron Murray. Always felt Mcelroy has been pretty complimentary of Auburn. 

Just now, twilli13 said:

Yeah I mainly meant Aaron Murray. Always felt Mcelroy has been pretty complimentary of Auburn. 

I was talking about Murray, just used McElroy as an example. I figure if a Bammer can do it anyone can.

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

Where are they whining about Fairley?  I tuned in to the ATL sports radio while driving through on Monday and never heard Fairley mentioned, they were too focused on coming to AU for the DSOR and guaranteeing it'll be 5 in a row. 😒

Next time you drive thru just stop at a Taco Mac and talk to literally anyone in a red shirt. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Ive never seen a group of folks who were more arrogant for no reason than UGA fans

Unlike some of out rivals, uga fans have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about. Get ready for that idiotic barking :puke:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

McElroy is in my opinion the best color analyst out there. At least I won't have to listen to Gary swoon over the mutts all day. 

When he first started in TV I could not stand him. Seemed very arrogant at the time. I agree now he is one of the best. I believe he has put a lot of work into it and it shows. 

• Like 1

I dont care to comment on UGA fans so I just dropped in to show McElroy some support. He is pretty darn good at what he does.

• Like 4