Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Agreed lol but we better keep him away from the college girls 🤣

That’s not our business! Lol

I’m getting my hopes up now. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. 

Yeah.  I doubt Grimes will be coming here.  His next job will probably be HC somewhere. 

Edited by AURealist
  • Like 1

I really like the Davis idea. He is the youngest NFL position coach. That shows the dude is respected and is hungry. We'll have a bunch of chicken littles crying that he's never been an OC before. Harsin isn't going to risk his job for that by throwing him in the deep end.

Most likely, he'd be QB coach and Co-OC with Kiesau. Either Harsin or Kiesau will call plays. Davis is well known both in the south and in the west. Respectable NFL career. I think he'd be a good recruiter if he had the hunger to do it. We'll see, very intriguing 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Names that are supposedly serious contenders per Auburn Live:

Frank Ponce - App State OC & QB coach

Jeff Grimes - Baylor OC & OL coach

Dell McGee - UGA RB coach

Austin Davis - Seattle QB coach 

Kenny Dillingham - FSU OC

I'm fairly confident they're full of crap about Dillingham. No way in hell that would make sense other than maybe wanting some of these recruits we've been fighting FSU for?

No thank you on Dilly and Ponce. I’d be happy with the other three 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Anyone but Dilly. Literally anyone. The janitor. My mail lady. A sprite bottle. 

…all are better options. 

I agree. No Dilly please.  Grimes would be my favorite of those listed (by a long shot).  None of the others do much for me.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Word is we're moving on from Zak Hill. Maybe he is in trouble for recruiting issues like the compliance compartment was concerned he might be.

Someone explain to me why we care how badly he cheated at ASU???

The NCAA will take 7 years to investigate this case and Hill or Harsin will most likely be fired by then.

It's not like we'd get punished for his cheating elsewhere

30 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Really seems like this is something we should have known about before wasting 10 days trying to hire him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Names that are supposedly serious contenders per Auburn Live:

Frank Ponce - App State OC & QB coach

Jeff Grimes - Baylor OC & OL coach

Dell McGee - UGA RB coach

Austin Davis - Seattle QB coach 

Kenny Dillingham - FSU OC

I'm fairly confident they're full of crap about Dillingham. No way in hell that would make sense other than maybe wanting some of these recruits we've been fighting FSU for?

I would be happy with anyone on that list north of Dillingham

26 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Yeah.  I doubt Grimes will be coming here.  His next job will probably be HC somewhere. 

Even If he comes here and does well next season, he’d be gone in one year to be a HC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Even If he comes here and does well next season, he’d be gone in one year to be a HC

Well, at least that would mean we had a good season.  And other programs seem to be able to replace talented coordinators every year without missing a beat.  Maybe we should try it.  😝

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Really seems like this is something we should have known about before wasting 10 days trying to hire him

It has long been known that compliance was doing its thing, so we all knew 5 condom wearing, sleeping in different rooms and only holding hands in front of others McGlynn was gonna find a reason to poop on it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

No thank you on Dilly and Ponce. I’d be happy with the other three 

Ponce seemed like a good option to me. Not sure if schemes mesh though.

Edited by Hank2020
Spelling

I like this entire list. I'm unsure of what Dilly has done since leaving here. It's really hard to access him as an OC from his time working as Gus 'assistant'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AURealist said:

If I start hearing rumors that Al Borges is in town, I'm going to cry.  

Well, he was in town Iron Bowl weekend.  They even had him on the pre-game show.  He is currently working for Michigan analyzing tape.  It's his way of staying connected to the game while being in retirement with his wife.

• Thanks 1

Does nobody else think Davis sounds like a bad option? He has never been an OC, he has never had to recruit, he has no ties to the south, and he has no connections with Harsin so we have no clue how well they will work together. He has only been a coach for 3 years and he is the QB coach of Russell Wilson which means he probably is not doing much. The upside is he can talk about a connection to the NFL and he may be learning a good bit about Seattle's offense but what else is there? 

I wasn't thrilled with the idea of Hill but I can't help but feel like he would have been a better option, primarily because he had OC experience and had a connection with Harsin so you knew they could work well together. 

So we can bring back out the Dilly,Dilly possibly?  Woohoo.  

While that could be fun,  I like the Austin Davis route.  Was he the former Southern Miss QB that set records? 

Of course absolutely love Grimes OC, Austin QB coach Passing game coordinator. 

Edited by AUBwins