Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

Apparently this guy is about to be our next commit from the portal.  I've seen his name pop up on reddit and a few boards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We've got plenty of room for whatever position we still want to recruit in this cycle. Nobody should be worried, from that perspective, about us possibly "oversigning" any particular position group. 

If you feel yourself getting swept up in OL/QB hysteria, I recommend whatever activity it is that you use to regulate your breathing and heartbeat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently this guy is about to be our next commit from the portal.  I've seen his name pop up on reddit and a few boards

I like his speed and his body control to slide between those lineman and make the play. Looks explosive 

• Like 2

I like all the guys we’re landing, but the reality is, we’ve whiffed at OL and WR. With the talent on had, those misses probably cap this team out at seven wins. That’s just kinda how it is. We don’t have threats outside, and we don’t have the line to create a dominant run game. It’s gonna be a struggle to score all season. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Disappointed we couldn't close in a talented OL. We'll have experience but was hoping we could build towards 23 with some portal guys as well. 

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

A position of need we just lost two experienced very talented LB's. We picked up a really good one in HS class with another HS LB who also might be an edge rusher. Our current backups have talent but only one Pappoe has been a starter so a talented experienced LB would be great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I’m hearing Asante and Ashford are the next two. 

With us looking like we’re going to run it back on the OL, I’d love to see one more LB (including Asante) and an experienced wideout.

Another OT or two wouldn’t hurt either haha.

1 minute ago, Taco said:

With us looking like we’re going to run it back on the OL, I’d love to see one more LB (including Asante) and an experienced wideout.

I hope they both commit today and start classes this week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

A position of need we just lost two experienced very talented LB's. We picked up a really good one in HS class with another HS LB who also might be an edge rusher. Our current backups have talent but only one Pappoe has been a starter so a talented experienced LB would be great.

Hearing rumors of another LB entering the portal as well...his name starts with C and rhymes with Ham Wiley

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taco said:

We just whiffed on the OT transfer from WKY... going to Ole Miss

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Wow this hurts, and we are out of the running for O’Cyrus Torrence too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Wow this hurts, and we are out of the running for O’Cyrus Torrence too. 

The good news is our guys from last year are coming back, so we aren’t completely screwed. The bad news is they are the Oline from last year. Lol.

If we had lost Trox, Brahm, manning, and Coffee, we would be absolutely screwed right now. Bad portal season for friend and co.

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The good news is our guys from last year are coming back, so we aren’t completely screwed. The bad news is they are the Oline from last year. Lol.

If we had lost Trox, Brahm, manning, and Coffee, we would be absolutely screwed right now. Bad portal season for friend and co.

Thank God for all the high school linemen we’ve signed the last 2 years……oh wait. Never mind. 😪 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Thus why I said “looks like we’re running it back with our Oline.” 

Not a “whiff,” per se. Just hard for these senior, one-year transfers to come to a place where majority of the starters from the previous year are coming back. Basically guys like Brooks and Nourzad don’t really want to come in and compete for a spot. They want a spot so that they can showcase their talent to the next-level scouts. 

Take that as you will. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

Not a “whiff,” per se. Just hard for these senior, one-year transfers to come to a place where majority of the starters from the previous year are coming back. Basically guys like Brooks and Nourzad don’t really want to come in and compete for a spot. They want a spot so that they can showcase their talent to the next-level scouts. 

Take that as you will. 

If you can't make 1st team here, then you ain't going to the next level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thank God for all the high school linemen we’ve signed the last 2 years……oh wait. Never mind. 😪 

So we'll have around 7-8 SR's on the OL that we lose after next season?  Wow.

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

If you can't make 1st team here, then you ain't going to the next level.

Not necessarily true when some of these guys have over 100 starts and a full season in this offense.

Regardless, why risk it?

7 minutes ago, Taco said:

Take that as you will. 

More likely that we whiffed on all these transfers and pleaded with the current linemen to return. Its not like they were headed to the  NFL.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not necessarily true when some of these guys have over 100 starts and a full season in this offense.

Regardless, why risk it?

I wonder what some of the schools we are losing to, I.E. Ole Miss, has by way of returning starters on OL. Anyone know?

Friend is sucking right now. I was surprised he was not shown the door with Bobo since they are a package deal. Think maybe we wanted to keep him through this portal wave since that is what we planned on doing for OL. He did a good job with improving our pass pro recognition this year, but he's gonna have to go if he can't land guys. Get a young NFL guy that can recruit

• Like 2

I just don’t want to hear the “fire Mason” talk next season. So far, DM has absolutely lapped Harsin in performance, game planning, and recruiting. He’s done an outstanding job of building depth on his side of the ball and Zac Ethridge is turning out to be our ace in the hole recruiter!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Taco said:

Take that as you will. 

Your timeline is backwards.

The completely replaceable 5th-year guys you're all of a sudden now seeing as announcing that they're coming back only started doing so after it became obvious that we weren't going to land Torrence and Brooks. That means that they missed on their portal targets, and THEN went and convinced or gave the "green light" for our seniors to return for another year. I'm almost sure of this at this point. Our Bowl game was December 28th; these guys who have no NFL Draft stock weren't mulling theit decisions over for ~3 weeks, that's absurd. Our guys who actually had NFL Draft stock (ie: Derick Hall, Colby Wooden) all announced their returns ~December 30th, but I'm to believe that Austin Troxell didn't know whether he wanted to come back or not? No, they tried to upgrade on those guys, failed, and then as a last resort brought the guys we could back.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

I’m not panicking, youre panicking.  I heard Friend already has 25 silent OT commits for the 2023 class so Auburn is good.  Did you hear Auburn is #2 in basketball?  What a jip!  Maybe gip?  

Edited by Win4AU
  • Haha 1