Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

Everyone...  I am well aware of where we were and 12 is a miracle based on what everyone was saying a few days ago.  I am just saying it still sucks that they are top 3.

And to answer the aTm question, they became a rival the day they hired Jimbo and became the second strongest team to beat in SEC W.  Maybe rival isn't the right word, but surely you understand what I meant.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Auburn is now up to #12 on the composite with FSU falling to #19. A shame this staff of potatoes can't recruit. 

@AUght2winReady to eat some crow since according to you it was "impossible" for us to get a top 10 class, we'd be lucky to get top 15 and now we are likely gonna get a top 10 class. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really want that Khurtis Perry kid today. That would be some sweet icing on this day!

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

EXCELLENT job by the staff! Who else is on the table that we should be watching for besides Perry and Clemons? 

There's like a 5% chance Citizen misled LSU and decides to surprisingly commit today.

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

Everyone...  I am well aware of where we were and 12 is a miracle based on what everyone was saying a few days ago.  I am just saying it still sucks that they are top 3.

And to answer the aTm question, they became a rival the day they hired Jimbo and became the second strongest team to beat in SEC W.  Maybe rival isn't the right word, but surely you understand what I meant.

Not everyone was saying that it would be a miracle for us to get top ten, mostly Gus apologists and negabarners were predicting a flop today.  Quite a few of us were actually calling for at least top 15 and at best 10th in the nation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, bigbird said:

You're a smart man

All positive today though, so far.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

So I went and looked, pay for play (a guy going to a certain school because someone pays him to) is still illegal in the NCAA. That #1 recruit may have just ended his college career before he had one. No way anyone can look at his situation and believe it wasn’t 100% pay for play

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think with Wright, Burks, Hunter, and M'ba we'll be okay

I'm hopeful too, it's just I'm really hoping we are good there. It's so important overall to the entire defense, and you just never know how people come back from injury and how it effects them mentally. I expect Hunter to start at one of the end spots......I expect us to be pretty stout up there as well

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

What you said was just fine. There's been a lot of negativity about our recruiting before this week and I'm guessing that some folks might've misjudged your post as more of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think he already signed with Basketball

Correct

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It sounds like we have a shot at Clemons. I still think we miss on Perry.

I would flip those two personally but damn it would be a good day if we got both.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

@AUght2winReady to eat some crow since according to you it was "impossible" for us to get a top 10 class, we'd be lucky to get top 15 and now we are likely gonna get a top 10 class. 

If we finish top 10 I will. You're crazy to say "quite a few of us saw us finish 10th". I'm very pleased regardless. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

What you said was just fine. There's been a lot of negativity about our recruiting before this week and I'm guessing that some folks might've misjudged your post as more of that.

Yeah, that is why I tried to say I was proud of where they are and what the staff is done.  But folks want to focus on specific pieces so they can have a reason to post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

Did I miss Camden Brown's choice at 12EST?

Good guys!

Climbing higher in the class rankings gets hard from here. Currently at 12th. Clemons, Perry, and M'ba only put us up to 9th and two of those are far from a guarantee. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Climbing higher in the class rankings gets hard from here. Currently at 12th. Clemons, Perry, and M'ba only put us up to 9th and two of those are far from a guarantee. 

Do you (or anyone else who's been calculating and cares to chime in) feel like we'll finish top 15 come February?

32 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That’s what I’ve been saying. People are so bent out of shape asking if he can recruit, but that’s the wrong question. The right question is can he coach, and if so, then you have a yes to both. I believe he can coach, so I’ve never been worried about his recruiting. The whole, “This is the SEC not the West” was and is waaay overblown IMO

I agree 100% if you can coach and you genuinely want the best for and from your kids you won't unsuccessful coaching. It's actually weird that so many brains run to this scenario and it's talked about over and over.....how many examples are there really of guys that are very good coaches but can't get recruits? As opposed to guys that are good at getting recruits but can't coach that well. That's just weird to me

• Like 2