Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

22 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

That's very positive! Thanks for sharing. That would be the biggest upgrade for us. We'll have to get Cam Brown on him to come to AU during the time before Feb. 

Edited by Randman5000

1 hour ago, BaldEagle said:

I would be shocked it Story doesn’t decommit at some point. Sledge is a good add for depth but not a game changer.   Leota is decent but just doesn’t have the athleticism. Hall has potential. I like your optimism but when you look at our DL and OL vs Bama and UGA, it’s not even close.  No one on our OL or DL would start for UGA. If you want to compete for championships, that can’t be the case. 

What makes you think story will flip?

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Did we ever get Camden Brown's signed LOI?

Yes

Darrius Clemons is the last one we're waiting on today. Fair warning Michigan was the heavy favorite as of this morning. However, they landed a WR they didn't expect to get so things still might be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

4* RB Justin Williams -> Tennessee but we really didn't give him the green light to commit because we're still working on 4* Tre Citizen

4* DL Tyre West -> Tennessee but we canceled his OV so I think it's more like we passed

4* LB DeMario Tolan -> LSU commit who OV'd to LSU this weekend and got locked down. Never knew where we really stood here because he is so quiet.

4* DL Khurtiss Perry -> Alabama lean probably the whole time but we made it interesting. 

---------

We won 4* CB Keionte Scott and 3* WR Camden Brown as far as new additions go

Do we have any other RB's we could sign? Shame we seem to have goofed up with J. Williams. But overall, today was a great start. Just praying we can find several experienced Offensive Tackles and 1-QB in the portal to balance things out nicely.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Yes

Darrius Clemons is the last one we're waiting on today. Fair warning Michigan was the heavy favorite as of this morning. However, they landed a WR they didn't expect to get so things still might be interesting. 

Wow..wouldn't that be nice??

Just now, au701948 said:

Do we have any other RB's we could sign? Shame we seem to have goofed up with J. Williams. But overall, today was a great start. Just praying we can find several experienced Offensive Tackles and 1-QB in the portal to balance things out nicely.

Some believe we lead for Citizen so it's hard to say if we goofed on Williams. Time will tell there.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

I think the running back room will be fine going into next year. We can afford to be picky this year. IMO WDE 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yes

yeah and we got cam brown too.... 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Some believe we lead for Citizen so it's hard to say if we goofed on Williams. Time will tell there.

I understand and appreciate your hard work. Today has already been quite extraordinary as it stands. WDE!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I understand and appreciate your hard work. Today has already been quite extraordinary as it stands. WDE!

Its movie day for Zeek's class. LOL j/k

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What makes you think story will flip?

Well... he wasn’t willing to sign today.  I’d say that’s a pretty strong indication that he isn’t really “committed”.  I don’t follow recruiting that closely anymore but I’ve seen this song and dance enough times to know how it ends. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Its movie day for Zeek's class. LOL j/k

Not wrong at all lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

FSU sure does know how to lose to JSU's this year. 

FSU today:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Filename is the best part 😂

oof, subtle.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, AUx said:

Can you imagine the tax evasion issues in a few years: guys just not knowing how to navigate those pesky little income reporting requirements? I guess the bigger schools will add athlete accountant support staff. I don't know that the IRS sees things as flexible as NCAA or boosters.

They don't.  Someone needs to tell these kids to withhold a portion for taxes.  And the boosters need to speak with their advisors before making moves because anything over $15,000 gifted to a person each year eats into your lifetime exclusions that you would want to give to your family.  Whatever lifetime exemption you use, it is gone.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

They don't.  Someone needs to tell these kids to withhold a portion for taxes.  And the boosters need to speak with their advisors before making moves because anything over $15,000 gifted to a person each year eats into your lifetime exclusions that you would want to give to your family.  Whatever lifetime exemption you use, it is gone.

oof, stop... please you are hurting me, sudden Vietnam war style flashbacks to my Federal Income Tax course in law school

• Haha 1

Just now, Didba said:

oof, stop... please you are hurting me, sudden Vietnam war style flashbacks to my Federal Income Tax course in law school

Sorry!  Estate tax what I do for a living so I nerded out a little there.

Back to our recruiting! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Filename is the best part 😂

Apparently, I couldn't link to the file so I had to save it locally as something and well..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

if you followed recruiting we were in the 30s before the week. huge day for auburn. its going to be a long time before auburn is top 3 unless we have deon has coach or something or Kirby and Saban retire. Also you do know A&M is not a rival!!!

It was very smart of the coaches to keep the recruiting expectations so low that the fan base is giddy with a top 15 class even though we haven’t addressed the biggest need.  
Someone remind me who else used to always get too 10 classes without O-linemen. 

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 6

16 minutes ago, BaldEagle said:

Well... he wasn’t willing to sign today.  I’d say that’s a pretty strong indication that he isn’t really “committed”.  I don’t follow recruiting that closely anymore but I’ve seen this song and dance enough times to know how it ends. 

He and his father seemed to have a reasonable story about why that happened. I try to accept people’s word unless have reason not to. I’m hoping he sticks.

• Like 2